Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2018, 03:53 PM
Administrator

It's damp rainy and chilly here too. The temperature is 55 Degrees F right now, which is very cold for here at this time of year. It's miserable out there.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-15-2018, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Got it. LOL.

Does it get really cold in the winter?
I'm not sure how cold it gets, but I know they don't get as much snow as we do.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I'm not sure how cold it gets, but I know they don't get as much snow as we do.
Got it. So all four seasons but not extreme seasonal weather conditions overall?
Old 10-15-2018, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Got it. So all four seasons but not extreme seasonal weather conditions overall?
They have a hot summer, but I know they get alot of rain in all seasons. I'll let you know how it is when I visit in November.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
They have a hot summer, but I know they get alot of rain in all seasons. I'll let you know how it is when I visit in November.
Okay sounds good. They aren't as humid as we are, I assume? During the US Open Tennis a couple months ago, European Tennis players were talking about the humidity in NYC. Federer said they don't get extreme humidity in Europe so Europeans have difficulty playing in the humidity in the US.

How long of a flight is it from NJ/NY to the Netherlands?
Old 10-15-2018, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
How long of a flight is it from NJ/NY to the Netherlands?
About 8 hrs.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
About 8 hrs.
That’s tough. I get a bit uneasy flying from Minneapolis to Vegas which is only a little under 3 hours, lol.

Are you going to fly first class again? I know you did that before. You should!
Old 10-17-2018, 06:55 AM
Administrator

When I flew to Japan, I flew Business Class, and flying that way is a world of difference from flying Coach. Everything about it is incredible, from the seats to the privacy to the service and to the meals you get to the way you're treated in general. If I ever have to fly a long distance again, I'll definitely fly Business Class or First Class if I can afford it.

I spoke to Goldenboy on the phone last night and I thanked him for doing such an incredible job with customizing this board. He told me that he put some extra effort into getting everything right for this board because he knows that this is the board that I post on the most here. He also said that he was really impressed by our numbers, especially since Everwood has been off the air for so long. I told him that we have two fantastic moderators here and that you've built a real community here that keeps people coming back.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-17-2018, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Awe, thanks. That's so great about the board, Jerry. Please thank Goldenboy personally for me. He did a phenomenal job on the board. I couldn't be more satisfied. It looks amazing.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

What does everyone's weekend look like? You guys know what I've been up to today. Looking forward to some rest and relaxation tomorrow and Sunday.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
What does everyone's weekend look like? You guys know what I've been up to today. Looking forward to some rest and relaxation tomorrow and Sunday.
I have an exciting weekend to look forward to. My son Chris has a secret plan to celebrate my birthday (a couple of weeks early). Tomorrow He is picking me up (don't need to take the bus into Manhattan this time) and taking me to his apartment in NYC. He has something planned for tomorrow (dinner somewhere) and I'm sleeping over in his and Julia's apartment. He has more planned for me on Sunday...have no idea what! Knowing Chris it will really be good! I'm excited to be spending the weekend in Manhattan and spending it with my son.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I have an exciting weekend to look forward to. My son Chris has a secret plan to celebrate my birthday (a couple of weeks early). Tomorrow He is picking me up (don't need to take the bus into Manhattan this time) and taking me to his apartment in NYC. He has something planned for tomorrow (dinner somewhere) and I'm sleeping over in his and Julia's apartment. He has more planned for me on Sunday...have no idea what! Knowing Chris it will really be good! I'm excited to be spending the weekend in Manhattan and spending it with my son.
What a fabulous weekend! Awe, that sounds so awesome! Forget this board (although please take some pictures NYC LOL) and have a blast!

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 10-19-2018 at 03:46 PM
Old 10-19-2018, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
What a fabulous weekend! Awe, that sounds so awesome! Forget this board (although please take some pictures NYC LOL) and have a blast!
Thanks!! When I find out what I'm doing I'll tell you guys. lol
Old 10-19-2018, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I forgot to mention something Anna told me.

In their dorm they have what's called "Wine Wednesdays" which means people bring wine and they all sit back and drink and talk. LOL. Anna, before this time, never drank alcohol. She tried beer in high school and hated the taste, just not her thing. But she now participates in this Wine on Wednesdays, haha. My sister and brother-in-law bought her a bottle or two and when my dad took her down to the Polish market/deli/restaurant last weekend he even bought her a bottle. So now we talk to her about these famous Wine Wednesdays. She said it's cool because no one really drinks excessively. A couple glasses, that's it. Sounds like fun. So glad she's having a blast.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks!! When I find out what I'm doing I'll tell you guys. lol
Okay!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread