View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 09:20 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

So I went to the new dentist today. I can’t believe how nervous I get going to the dentist, LOL. It’s ridiculous. The more I try to control the anxiety the worse it gets. I literally get mad at myself while going through the anxiety. I knew today I wasn’t even having any sort of treatment done and it was just to take an x-ray about one specific tooth and I still was a nervous wreck, LOL.

The tech wanted to take full pictures of my entire mouth because I am a new patient so I could have a full treatment plan on everything that needs to be done and stupid me declined and said I would come back for the full x-rays and exam. LOL Well, technically I had no other choice because that would’ve taken another 45 minutes and I have a work conference call at 11:30 that I had to get home for. So I never would have been able to get that done due to work anyway. Although I could have called and delayed the meeting I suppose. Oh well, anxiety rules, lol.

Anyway, this pre-molar definitely needs a root canal. I already knew that but it was interesting to get a second opinion on it anyway. I’m going to have the root canal done on April 10. She doesn’t think there’s any infection at this moment but told me to call if I develop any swelling in the cheek and she’ll put me on an antibiotic. I almost think she would’ve put me on an antibiotic today if I would’ve said let’s cover it just in case. I might actually call back because I know that this broken tooth is already causing pulp issues since the opening is so massive which is why cold is like knives in my gum because it’s hitting the nerve. So I might call tomorrow and just get covered. Anyway, I have the root canal followed by the crown a few weeks later. Then I’ll have the full exam and we’ll see what else needs treated. I’m estimating two teeth need crowns and one tooth probably needs a root canal and crown.

Fun times. The good news is I really like this dentist and I’m glad she’s a female because I feel more comfortable with her. It’s also cool because they have a Dunkin’ Donuts right next to the dental clinic so I hopped over to Dunkin’ Donuts and got a French vanilla coffee and bought my dad a dozen of donuts. I wasn't nervous anymore at that point.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-21-2018 at 09:25 AM