Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2017, 09:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Smart move. Sometimes we moms feel like it's still not our house and just a storage unit for our kids!
My mother had issues with this at first and she was like but this house would be yours. I told her that yes this house is still mine and I will inherit it from them but it would be in a long time. And for now I do not live there. They live there and they have to do what they like, the way they like it.

Quote:
I am having a few friends over for dinner tonight and then we're going to the movies!
Nadine is coming back tomorrow from NYC...she has spent a few days there in the worse possible climate conditions to be walking around the city. Oh well.
What movie would you watch? Sucks that Nadine caught such weather conditions .

Quote:
Tomorrow morning I am helping out a friend. She runs a 5K race for her Rotary organization and I help her register the runners...set up food (bagels, orange slices, bananas, coffee, etc) for the runners to have after the race. This is an annual thing that I have been with her for several years.
Sounds great Betty!
Old 12-31-2017, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)

What movie would you watch? Sucks that Nadine caught such weather conditions .

Sounds great Betty!
We're going to see a comedy called Father Figures. starring Owen Wilson and Ed Helms.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

During the Minnesota Vikings game, the announcers are all commenting on the weather. LOL The one just said they are so thankful the stadium is indoors. The other announcer said he's lived in NYC and Boston and has never in his life experienced so severe cold. Jerry has already confirmed where he grew up in NYC/NJ it never gets this cold but what I don't get is why people are so shocked it's this cold in Minnesota? This should be a known fact. People here in Minnesota don't wear a jacket in 20 F weather since it's warm. LOL But yes, this is our way of life here. I love the cold but this past few days I am not a fan. Give me low -F weather and that's fine but when it creeps up past -10 F I am not a fan either.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I am having a few friends over for dinner tonight and then we're going to the movies!
Nadine is coming back tomorrow from NYC...she has spent a few days there in the worse possible climate conditions to be walking around the city. Oh well.

Tomorrow morning I am helping out a friend. She runs a 5K race for her Rotary organization and I help her register the runners...set up food (bagels, orange slices, bananas, coffee, etc) for the runners to have after the race. This is an annual thing that I have been with her for several years.
Plans sound great, have fun!
Old 12-31-2017, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Ah sorry that you could not go to Minneapolis ! I know that you wanted to go there! You are right. Considering such conditions you simply have to stay at home.

Btw when Anna and Sara come back to school? I hope that till then the weather gets better because I can't imagine going to school with such temperatures.
Thanks! Yes, it just didn't make any sense going anywhere outside of right in town today. Way too cold and hard on the car too.

Anna and Sara go back to school on the 2nd. They do not get any extra time after the holiday. I remember back when I was their age. I remember having a few extra days after New Year's before going back to school. I guess times are different now.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
True .

More like I admire smart people and he is smart . I love to give chances to smart capable people because I believe that they deserve it. Now if he crosses me over, he would pay and he is warned about this . I specifically told him that what he does with our boss would not work for me and I give chances to people, but he better own up to the deal we made. Otherwise I could tell him to go find another job quite easy. Arrogant jerks is not what I need.

What happened is that I used to rely a lot on the female co-worker that left the company in May because of the jerk. I know that I know my project quite well but I find it more and more difficult to deal with everything. Having too many meetings, too much negotiations and then on top of it to train like 25 people is not something I can handle. Too many people, too many tangents and I can't deal with all of that. Once she left, I needed someone to complete the void. I also needed someone that could support me with the battle between me and the trio . For this I need someone smart, aggressive and brave. I needed time to find suitable person. For now he fits the mold the most. I did not feel comfortable actually being open with him because really we have never connected on personal level. And I had no idea how he would react. Like t could have ended really bad .

However the fondness I have for him is more like the fondness I have in general for smart people. I love interacting with smart people. You could always learn something from them as they present you new information or new way of seeing things. So it's more challenging than talking about mundane routine stuff you know.
That makes sense. So basically you needed him based on your job situation and you were perceptive and smart enough to understand this. If he's willing to open up to you about personal things it's okay because the sort of bond you form creates a great environment for fighting that trio cult all the more. Yes, it makes sense you're fond of smart people... you are smart yourself. I don't see you looking down on dumb people but you much prefer interaction with smart people, haha. You also know he'll never drain you and keep going on and on about his personal life either. It all works. I get it now perfectly.
Old 12-31-2017, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

They just announced that the NE/NY game is one of the coldest games in Patriots history... huh? Itā€™s 12 F there. Thatā€™s not cold! I guess you have to get to Maine for there to be true cold in that area.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
They just announced that the NE/NY game is one of the coldest games in Patriots history... huh? Itā€™s 12 F there. Thatā€™s not cold! I guess you have to get to Maine for there to be true cold in that area.
It's all relative, Michelle! We're just not used to it.
Old 12-31-2017, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It's all relative, Michelle! We're just not used to it.
LOL It's not that. It just bugs me that the media has no idea that the Upper Midwest exists and regarding the media that are natives of the Upper Midwest? They know it's "not cool" to talk about the Upper Midwest. If it wasn't for Carson Wentz do you realize North Dakota would never be talked about like it has lately? I bet people had to look up precisely where North Dakota is located! Check out where the Winter Classic is located this year. You could walk to it. The United States is filled with many different, amazing states, not just an East and West Coast. This isn't even about the Upper Midwest either. How often do people talk about Montana, Idaho and Wyoming? Nah, those three are skipped over to get to Vegas and California. I even mentioned Maine. Maine is a gorgeous state. Stephen King makes sure we realize as much. Maine is also one of the coldest states in the country. I bet not many people know that. Maine, outside of King being proud of where he's from and showcases the state in his books, is not in a hotbed in the Eastern US so you never hear about that great state either.
Old 12-31-2017, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
LOL It's not that. It just bugs me that the media has no idea that the Upper Midwest exists and regarding the media that are natives of the Upper Midwest? They know it's "not cool" to talk about the Upper Midwest. If it wasn't for Carson Wentz do you realize North Dakota would never be talked about like it has lately? I bet people had to look up precisely where North Dakota is located! Check out where the Winter Classic is located this year. You could walk to it. The United States is filled with many different, amazing states, not just an East and West Coast. This isn't even about the Upper Midwest either. How often do people talk about Montana, Idaho and Wyoming? Nah, those three are skipped over to get to Vegas and California. I even mentioned Maine. Maine is a gorgeous state. Stephen King makes sure we realize as much. Maine is also one of the coldest states in the country. I bet not many people know that. Maine, outside of King being proud of where he's from and showcases the state in his books, is not in a hotbed in the Eastern US so you never hear about that great state either.
That's very true Michelle. Well said.

Happy New Year everyone!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-31-2017, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That's very true Michelle. Well said.

Happy New Year everyone!
Thanks, Jerry.

Happy New Year back to you and yours, and everyone!

Old 12-31-2017, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

Happy New Year guys! For me it's already 2018 . I just got home. It was actually quite low key. No loud music. We could hear each other the whole time. We were in a separate table. Overall great setup.

Quote:
That makes sense. So basically you needed him based on your job situation and you were perceptive and smart enough to understand this. If he's willing to open up to you about personal things it's okay because the sort of bond you form creates a great environment for fighting that trio cult all the more.
Exactly! He helps me there tremendously. Of course I have his back. If I tell him to go against them I will advise him how to do it and will support him if conflicts arise.

Quote:
Yes, it makes sense you're fond of smart people... you are smart yourself. I don't see you looking down on dumb people but you much prefer interaction with smart people, haha. You also know he'll never drain you and keep going on and on about his personal life either. It all works. I get it now perfectly.
I would not offend dumb people but I find theŠ¼ boring. They discuss stuff that are not interesting to me. They also get impressed on stuff that I find pretty clear. Plus I love to discuss things I have read and learnt and most of them would not get what I am telling them.

Yes he won't drain me because he has issues opening up to people anyway. He control his emotions so I will either witness burst of anger or nothing . I could handle this as I am the same way so no issues for sure .

How is your evening? What sport are you watching?

Last edited by secretk; 12-31-2017 at 06:48 PM
Old 12-31-2017, 06:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thanks! Yes, it just didn't make any sense going anywhere outside of right in town today. Way too cold and hard on the car too.
True .

Quote:
Anna and Sara go back to school on the 2nd. They do not get any extra time after the holiday. I remember back when I was their age. I remember having a few extra days after New Year's before going back to school. I guess times are different now.
I had extra days too . I hope that it's warm enough in their school!
Old 12-31-2017, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Thanks! I hope so too! I think it is, they've never complained before. This is Minnesota so the schools have to know better, haha.

Quote:
Happy New Year guys! For me it's already 2018 . I just got home. It was actually quite low key. No loud music. We could hear each other the whole time. We were in a separate table. Overall great setup.
I'm glad! I would love that set up too. Happy New Year to you!

Quote:
Exactly! He helps me there tremendously. Of course I have his back. If I tell him to go against them I will advise him how to do it and will support him if conflicts arise.
That's a great work partnership... one that I get the feeling that Trio Cult do not like.

Quote:
I would not offend dumb people but I find theŠ¼ boring. They discuss stuff that are not interesting to me. They also get impressed on stuff that I find pretty clear. Plus I love to discuss things I have read and learnt and most of them would not get what I am telling them.

Yes he won't drain me because he has issues opening up to people anyway. He control his emotions so I will either witness burst of anger or nothing . I could handle this as I am the same way so no issues for sure .

How is your evening? What sport are you watching?
I agree. I like talking about interesting things, in depth stuff. People, for whatever reason, who are not willing to go there and prefer to talk about more basic things... I find that boring for sure. I respect them but will never feel interested and engaged to discuss with them.

That's good! How long have you known him?

Evening has been really chill, just the way I like it. All my football games went perfectly so a good day of sports too. I am not watching any sports at the moment. Shocking, I know. The last week before NFL playoffs is funny... all the games are on in the daytime so there's no night games on. I watched the hockey tournament and Team USA won. College Football Bowl Games don't start up again until tomorrow. So tonight I have been watching Everybody Loves Raymond and will shortly flip through the movie channels and see if there's a good movie coming on. If not, I will go on Netflix and maybe resume Stranger Things.

Cool Anna story... so her one best friend is out of town in Indiana visiting family. Her other best friend (the one she is going to room with at college) is up north at a cabin with family. So she has two sets of friends to pick from for New Years tonight... the one set (two of them plus a couple of guys) went to a party. The other set (two girls) preferred going out to eat at a low key restaurant and then have a sleepover. Anna had to work from 11-4 today too. Anyway, she could pick the party or the restaurant/sleepover. In Anna's situation, I bet the vast majority would pick the friends going to the party. What did Anna pick? She picked the two friends going to a restaurant then going back to the one girl's house and binge watching a show of course. LOL That's my Anna. Anna also doesn't drink, certainly doesn't smoke. Like, literally... my niece will be 18 in 8 days and she's never gotten drunk, let alone buzzed. Scot, my brother-in-law, when Anna went out several months ago told her to be careful and if anyone drinks to not drive. Anna turned to her dad and said... "Dad, I don't drink and my friends don't drink, you don't even have to remind me of something that has never happened and will never happen." She's had sips of beer/wine around the family just out of curiosity but she's never drank with friends or anything like that. She said she doesn't ever plan to. She hates alcohol and has zero interest. She loves coffee and iced coffee drinks and she said that is her drink of choice. Again, that is my Anna. Very proud of her.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
^ Thanks! I hope so too! I think it is, they've never complained before. This is Minnesota so the schools have to know better, haha.
Wow true . When I was going to high school they had problems with the heating so it was quite cold in schools but honestly we were still going. I was just wearing jacket in the room.

Quote:
I'm glad! I would love that set up too. Happy New Year to you!
Thanks. The setup was perfect. It was like you are at home talking or in some coffee shop. You hear faint music, but you could talk to each other without issues.

Quote:
That's a great work partnership... one that I get the feeling that Trio Cult do not like.
Definitely .
Quote:
I agree. I like talking about interesting things, in depth stuff. People, for whatever reason, who are not willing to go there and prefer to talk about more basic things... I find that boring for sure. I respect them but will never feel interested and engaged to discuss with them.
Exactly! Plus I am sure that those people find you and me boring too . They would be like "Here comes again with her deep insights and conversations".

Quote:
That's good! How long have you known him?
He had started in the company apparently in November 2014 however I have not worked with him then. My old boss had worked with him at that time as he would work then on another project that I am not involved with. Believe me that we had not had even a conversation with him until last year when we moved to the new office . We were forced by circumstances to talk to each other.

When we moved to the new office 4 desks were missing for our team. Those 4 desks were mine, M's, the former female co-worker's and the jerk's. So we were in a separate room on the down floor. So being in one room with the jerk and this girl that comes to work late (like after 10 am) we had to talk to each other. Naturally we discussed that we take the same tram to go to and from work so he suggested to leave the office together. I accepted because I have no sense of direction and I was sure that I would get lost trying to find the tram station . Not that we did not get a little bit lost anyway, but we found it. On the next day I showed him and the other guy (who at that point M had invited with us too) better and more efficient road. So yeah that's how we started talking.

It makes sense. I am a difficult person to get to know. Especially in real word setting. It's easier in forums because here I tend to talk about deep subjects, share my thoughts and people could see how I think. At work I am a lot more reserved. So yeah then he just started working on my project more, but he values his independence so we rarely have worked together.

Quote:
Evening has been really chill, just the way I like it. All my football games went perfectly so a good day of sports too. I am not watching any sports at the moment. Shocking, I know. The last week before NFL playoffs is funny... all the games are on in the daytime so there's no night games on. I watched the hockey tournament and Team USA won. College Football Bowl Games don't start up again until tomorrow. So tonight I have been watching Everybody Loves Raymond and will shortly flip through the movie channels and see if there's a good movie coming on. If not, I will go on Netflix and maybe resume Stranger Things.
Sounds lowkey night which you love . Awesome!

Quote:
Cool Anna story... so her one best friend is out of town in Indiana visiting family. Her other best friend (the one she is going to room with at college) is up north at a cabin with family. So she has two sets of friends to pick from for New Years tonight... the one set (two of them plus a couple of guys) went to a party. The other set (two girls) preferred going out to eat at a low key restaurant and then have a sleepover. Anna had to work from 11-4 today too. Anyway, she could pick the party or the restaurant/sleepover. In Anna's situation, I bet the vast majority would pick the friends going to the party. What did Anna pick? She picked the two friends going to a restaurant then going back to the one girl's house and binge watching a show of course. LOL That's my Anna. Anna also doesn't drink, certainly doesn't smoke. Like, literally... my niece will be 18 in 8 days and she's never gotten drunk, let alone buzzed. Scot, my brother-in-law, when Anna went out several months ago told her to be careful and if anyone drinks to not drive. Anna turned to her dad and said... "Dad, I don't drink and my friends don't drink, you don't even have to remind me of something that has never happened and will never happen." She's had sips of beer/wine around the family just out of curiosity but she's never drank with friends or anything like that. She said she doesn't ever plan to. She hates alcohol and has zero interest. She loves coffee and iced coffee drinks and she said that is her drink of choice. Again, that is my Anna. Very proud of her.
You are completely right. Most kids Anna's age would choose the party option. Like 100 %. I am so not surprised that she did not though. Awesome that she does not like alcohol. Honestly I have never been buzzed or drunk myself. I have never felt that I have missed something . Like if someone feels that getting drunk is an awesome experience to discuss and talk about, I do not feel this way . Glad that she does not do it either.

Anna is very down to earth girl that is wise way beyond her age. She is not your typical Senior in high school for sure. You could trust her that even if she goes to a party, she will be the responsible kid that would not even get influenced by other people behavior. Like even if there are people getting drunk on that party, she still would not get drunk because it's not who she is. It does not matter what the others do and this is a great quality! Scot and Kris could be sure that Anna would always handle herself beautifully in any situation.