Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2017, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
It's just a cold but it's a pain cause it's mostly in my head and throat.
That's precisely what my two nieces (in addition to the one having asthma-related symptoms too) and sister are getting over at the moment. It feels like way more than a cold even though that's what they classified it as. Get some rest. Are you still home or did you go back to work?
Old 09-26-2017, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
That's precisely what my two nieces (in addition to the one having asthma-related symptoms too) and sister are getting over at the moment. It feels like way more than a cold even though that's what they classified it as. Get some rest. Are you still home or did you go back to work?
I went to the work. Other than mild fatigue i feel much better. I also have a runny nose. I lucked out.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I went to the work. Other than mild fatigue i feel much better. I also have a runny nose. I lucked out.
That's good!
Old 09-26-2017, 10:58 AM
Administrator

A lot of people at work are sick right now. I'd say it's the change in the weather, but the weather hasn't changed!

Getting back to work wasn't too bad for me, but I'd rather be home. Both Teresa and I are working right now so Goldie's home alone. She's really happy when we get home!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-26-2017, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
A lot of people at work are sick right now. I'd say it's the change in the weather, but the weather hasn't changed!
It's definitely that time of the year... has to be the change of seasons, people being indoors more. I love this time of the year but don't look forward to flu season. Hope you don't catch anything going around right now!

Quote:
Getting back to work wasn't too bad for me, but I'd rather be home. Both Teresa and I are working right now so Goldie's home alone. She's really happy when we get home!
Awe, poor Goldie. Do you have her in a crate while you're gone or does she just chill out on a couch? I bet she's excited when you get home! Buddy loves having me working from home a lot. I will be gone for an hour and when I come home he's so excited in his mind I left him for hours and hours.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
It's definitely that time of the year... has to be the change of seasons, people being indoors more. I love this time of the year but don't look forward to flu season. Hope you don't catch anything going around right now!
Thanks!

Quote:
Awe, poor Goldie. Do you have her in a crate while you're gone or does she just chill out on a couch? I bet she's excited when you get home! Buddy loves having me working from home a lot. I will be gone for an hour and when I come home he's so excited in his mind I left him for hours and hours.
We let her have the run of the house because we have a doggy door, but the days when the pool cleaner comes and the lawn people come we crate her because we're afraid she might get out if they leave the gate open.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-26-2017, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks!

We let her have the run of the house because we have a doggy door, but the days when the pool cleaner comes and the lawn people come we crate her because we're afraid she might get out if they leave the gate open.
That's a good idea. I'm still deciding on when Buddy can have the run of the house. He's totally trained, 100%. He hasn't had an accident in close to a year. But I'm still scared he might get into something like biting on carpet if he's on his own. I purchased a huge crate size months ago. It's like four times the size of his puppy one, lol. I'm thinking of graduating him to the kitchen, gating him in there and then a few months after that taking the gates away. When did you guys let Goldie have the run of the house?
Old 09-26-2017, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
That's a good idea. I'm still deciding on when Buddy can have the run of the house. He's totally trained, 100%. He hasn't had an accident in close to a year. But I'm still scared he might get into something like biting on carpet if he's on his own. I purchased a huge crate several months ago. It's like four times the size of his puppy one, lol. I'm thinking of graduating him to the kitchen, gating him in there and then a few months after that taking the gates away. When did you guys let Goldie have the run of the house?
We started letting Goldie have the run of the house about a year ago when Teresa was working part time, and it worked out fine. We don't trust that she won't try to run out if the pool person or the lawn people come, because she barks at them and when we're home we block off the doggy door so she can't run out in the back. Once they leave we unblock the doggy door and she immediately runs to the back barking. We don't want to leave her in the house with the doggy door blocked off though when we're not home because we're afraid that she might go to the bathroom in the house if we do. We might try it for one day and see what happens. Until then we just crate her.

I think that Buddy probably still has a lot of puppy in him at this point, so I can definitely understand why you'd be afraid of him getting into something when you're not home.

Old 09-26-2017, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
We started letting Goldie have the run of the house about a year ago when Teresa was working part time, and it worked out fine. We don't trust that she won't try to run out if the pool person or the lawn people come, because she barks at them and when we're home we block off the doggy door so she can't run out in the back. Once they leave we unblock the doggy door and she immediately runs to the back barking. We don't want to leave her in the house with the doggy door blocked off though when we're not home because we're afraid that she might go to the bathroom in the house if we do. We might try it for one day and see what happens. Until then we just crate her.

I think that Buddy probably still has a lot of puppy in him at this point, so I can definitely understand why you'd be afraid of him getting into something when you're not home.
That makes sense. You are right, Buddy definitely still has a lot of puppy in him.

Is Goldie a barker? Does she bark at people when they walk by the yard? Buddy is a barker. He's not a growler (unless he's playing with us) and wouldn't hurt a fly but he likes his voice and uses it a lot.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
That makes sense. You are right, Buddy definitely still has a lot of puppy in him.

Is Goldie a barker? Does she bark at people when they walk by the yard? Buddy is a barker. He's not a growler (unless he's playing with us) and wouldn't hurt a fly but he likes his voice and uses it a lot.
Yes, she's definitely a barker! She doesn't bark at people when they walk by the yard, but she'll bark when she hears a noise outside, and sometimes she'll bark at her reflection because she thinks it's another dog! She also barks when she's getting ready to take a walk! I'll bet Buddy's bark is cute!

Old 09-27-2017, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, she's definitely a barker! She doesn't bark at people when they walk by the yard, but she'll bark when she hears a noise outside, and sometimes she'll bark at her reflection because she thinks it's another dog! She also barks when she's getting ready to take a walk! I'll bet Buddy's bark is cute!
I'll bet Goldie's bark is cute too!

Goldie seems way more in control of her bark than Buddy, lol. She barks for the right reasons (intruder possibility, protection, excitement) whereas Buddy barks for those reasons but also just to get everyone's attention outside, lol. I honestly think he wants people to know he sees them, he's around and looks are deceiving, he can hold his own and isn't some wimpy dog. The good news is when he barks for stupid reasons like someone walks by, all you have to do is tell him no and he stops. He still tries to go there though, haha.

Does Goldie like car rides?
Old 09-27-2017, 07:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I'll bet Goldie's bark is cute too!
Yes it is! We say she has a little girl’s bark!
Quote:
Goldie seems way more in control of her bark than Buddy, lol. She barks for the right reasons (intruder possibility, protection, excitement) whereas Buddy barks for those reasons but also just to get everyone's attention outside, lol. I honestly think he wants people to know he sees them, he's around and looks are deceiving, he can hold his own and isn't some wimpy dog. The good news is when he barks for stupid reasons like someone walks by, all you have to do is tell him no and he stops. He still tries to go there though, haha.
That’s funny! We’re experimenting today to see if we can leave her in the house with the doggy door closed. If she doesn’t go to the bathroom in the house, fine, but if she does, we’ll crate her on the days that the pool people or lawn people come.
Quote:
Does Goldie like car rides?
No, because the only time she’s in the car we’re either taking her to the vet or we’re taking her to be boarded! She likes to jump around in the car, so after you said what happened to Buddy in the car, we put her in a small crate if we take her anywhere so she’ll be safer. We used to try holding her, but she squirms around.

Old 09-27-2017, 12:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thankfully, I don't think so. When I had that tooth infection several months ago the pain was in the jaw. I can tell what that kind of pain is like. That headache this weekend was the typical nerve pain stuff and regular neck/head spine stuff as well. Exactly, there's no serious pain. Plus, let's say one of the teeth goes downhill between now and three weeks... the clinic has emergency appointments as well. You just call in the morning and they'll get you in and focus in on the problem area. I hope nothing urgent happens before then because I rather have them take full pictures and really diagnose what is going on before any sort of treatment. But it's nice to know I can get in for something urgent, nevertheless.
True . If you need it then you could have urgent appointment . How are you feeling today considering the headache and pain issues that you had in the weekend?
Old 09-27-2017, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm glad minus the slight turbulence and first flight landing. Pilots cannot control turbulence but I have noticed some pilots are just more jerky in the air than others. For example, I bet the pilot on the first flight was just a bit rough in his approach and another pilot would have a landing that was way more smooth.
Agree with this! It depends on the pilot .
Quote:
Glad there's a restaurant in the hotel and you got to bed early! How far is the business from where your hotel is?
It's like 15 minutes walking. Overall not bad at all .
Quote:
Btw, I am on Europe time right now because it's almost 1:30 AM and I'm wide awake and haven't gone to sleep yet.
Ah this sucks . Why were you not able to sleep?

Quote:
Oh that's good! Your weekend won't be totally blown and you won't be stumbling into work tired next Monday morning. That's awesome. What time approximately will you get home Saturday?
I guess we will be home around 2 pm or something like that.

So I am not sure what is going on here, but my face is going insane here and I use the same cosmetics. I have like 10 new pimples and some of them are cystic one. It's definitely quite annoying.

Also now the "fun" started. There is a lot of finger pointing from their side and I am still not sure how I want to handle it. I could be confrontational like them, but I am not sure if this would make sense. On the other hand I also don't want to leave them being the aggressor so I need to decide on how much I am willing to take before telling them to mind their own business.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes it is! We say she has a little girl’s bark!
So cute! Does she try to "talk" when communicating to you? Kind of like a growl/whine/general noises? lol Buddy has created his own language when he wants to communicate with us.

Quote:
That’s funny! We’re experimenting today to see if we can leave her in the house with the doggy door closed. If she doesn’t go to the bathroom in the house, fine, but if she does, we’ll crate her on the days that the pool people or lawn people come.
That's a good idea. How often do the pool and lawn people come out?

Quote:
No, because the only time she’s in the car we’re either taking her to the vet or we’re taking her to be boarded! She likes to jump around in the car, so after you said what happened to Buddy in the car, we put her in a small crate if we take her anywhere so she’ll be safer. We used to try holding her, but she squirms around.
Dogs are smart and Goldie is a prime example. She definitely remembers the car = vet or boarding and doesn't want anything to do with either. Good idea crating her in the car, it's for their safety. Buddy claims to like the car but he is so high strung and nervous the entire time. It's crazy. He looks glad he's in the car but then "talks" the entire time with the panting and nervousness/excitement.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread