Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2017, 10:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Yes and yes. I got to sleep around 11 and woke up at 4... then I went back to sleep from 6-8. I did work from home today too. I do have to run into work tomorrow morning for a bit but not for very long.
I hope that today is even better! Why do you need to go the university?
Quote:
Yep, water makes so much sense. When you were telling me about it I instantly thought of the college roommate. How are you treating it? Good that you are going home soon!
I just use my regular stuff. I don't know how else to treat it. I just can't wait to come home.
Quote:
Great!!!!!!!!! They know this too... they know you know your stuff.... problem is they want to do it their way or think they're always right. But hopefully you have put them in their place and they will listen more.
We will see, but at least in this case I quite easy proved that I am right given that it was their people that estimated and not ours. This was definitely something they had not invisioned. In the afternoon the guy wanted to change the people doing the estimation, but I told him that no matter who put there they will estimate the same . The rest agreed with me.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Does it help?
I haven't applied it yet. I'm going to put it on after showering in a couple hours. Oh yeah, I definitely have insomnia again.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I hope that today is even better! Why do you need to go the university?
I needed to grab a bunch of work I can complete over the weekend. Since I couldn't sleep at 1 AM, I ended up showering and going to work right then. I arrived at 2:30 AM and just got home now at 5:30 AM. I closed my eyes in my office for 30 minutes. Going on not even 30 minutes of sleep, but this is better than forcing sleep for two hours then having to drive downtown. I am very tired now so shortly I'll try to sleep some.

Quote:
I just use my regular stuff. I don't know how else to treat it. I just can't wait to come home.

Quote:
We will see, but at least in this case I quite easy proved that I am right given that it was their people that estimated and not ours. This was definitely something they had not invisioned. In the afternoon the guy wanted to change the people doing the estimation, but I told him that no matter who put there they will estimate the same . The rest agreed with me.
Awesome! Exactly, you were proven right and they have to respect it. They have no other choice. So maybe now they won't question things so much and just allow you to do your job because in the end, they know you will be proven right once again. The business trip is a success just based on this fact too. Hopefully you have an overall better working relationship with them in the future.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
That is so funny. Poor Teresa repairing the stuffed animals only for Goldie to eventually start ripping away again.
She gets so much joy out of ripping the stuffed animals apart that we keep getting them for her.

Quote:
I pray she doesn't end up with CHF.
Thanks.

Quote:
That's Buddy too. He'll go in his crate when he's overtired and really wants to sleep. He doesn't stay in there too long but when he's completely exhausted or in pain like from the knee injury, he feels more comfortable in there sometimes. Lately though I've been waking up in the morning with his face stuck to mine on my pillow. I don't even feel him getting so close to me until he's there and I'm getting up.
That must be so sweet to see that little face next to yours when you get up!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-29-2017, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
She gets so much joy out of ripping the stuffed animals apart that we keep getting them for her.
So adorably hilarious.

Quote:
Thanks.

That must be so sweet to see that little face next to yours when you get up!
It is really cute!

How is Goldie around other dogs? Does she like interacting?
Old 09-29-2017, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
How is Goldie around other dogs? Does she like interacting?
Goldie is terrible around other dogs, at least when we're walking her. If we see another dog coming the other way we try to go down a side street or up someone's driveway to avoid her interacting with the other dog. She gets aggressive, but it's more of a fear aggression. I think she may have been attacked by another dog or something before we got her, and one morning when I was walking her two dogs attacked her (I picked her up to protect her and then the owner of the dogs came out to get them) so I think she's really afraid of other dogs when she's on a leash. When we used to board her, the people said she was fine with other dogs, and fine with cats, but that's when she wasn't on a leash.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-29-2017, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Goldie is terrible around other dogs, at least when we're walking her. If we see another dog coming the other way we try to go down a side street or up someone's driveway to avoid her interacting with the other dog. She gets aggressive, but it's more of a fear aggression. I think she may have been attacked by another dog or something before we got her, and one morning when I was walking her two dogs attacked her (I picked her up to protect her and then the owner of the dogs came out to get them) so I think she's really afraid of other dogs when she's on a leash. When we used to board her, the people said she was fine with other dogs, and fine with cats, but that's when she wasn't on a leash.
Awe, I bet she remembers something before you got her and she had bad interaction with a dog or dogs, along with the time you walked her and the two dogs trying attacking her. She definitely doesn't like the leash and being around other dogs. That's wonderful she's fine when you board her. Perfect example that without the leash she's okay.

Buddy barks at other dogs but he gets excited around them. Like way too excited, he wants to play and would literally go up to the largest, more ferocious dog and believe the dog would just want to play with him instead of eat him.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Awe, I bet she remembers something before you got her and she had bad interaction with a dog or dogs, along with the time you walked her and the two dogs trying attacking her. She definitely doesn't like the leash and being around other dogs. That's wonderful she's fine when you board her. Perfect example that without the leash she's okay.
Goldie is the opposite of Chance. Goldie loves people and if someone approaches her when we're walking her she's friendly, but she's aggressive with/afraid of other dogs. Chance loved other dogs but he was deathly afraid of people and he would be mortified if someone tried to pet him. Chance was never socialized when he was young and he was raised with other dogs, and the people who had him never really interacted with him, so that's why he was like that. Andrew, on the other hand, was perfect. He loved people and he loved other dogs.

Quote:
Buddy barks at other dogs but he gets excited around them. Like way too excited, he wants to play and would literally go up to the largest, more ferocious dog and believe the dog would just want to play with him instead of eat him.
That's so cute!

Old 09-29-2017, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Goldie is the opposite of Chance. Goldie loves people and if someone approaches her when we're walking her she's friendly, but she's aggressive with/afraid of other dogs. Chance loved other dogs but he was deathly afraid of people and he would be mortified if someone tried to pet him. Chance was never socialized when he was young and he was raised with other dogs, and the people who had him never really interacted with him, so that's why he was like that. Andrew, on the other hand, was perfect. He loved people and he loved other dogs.
Did you purchase all of your dogs from a rescue center? It is amazing how different dogs are and the psychology behind why is more times than not, an environmental reason over genetics. The next dog I purchase will be a rescue dog. There's way too many dogs looking for homes and I think it's wonderful that you and your wife have gone there.

Quote:
That's so cute!
I don't think he realizes he's a very small dog. He's strong, he's not a delicate dog like a Yorkie. His legs are very muscular and he has substance to his body. But he's still small and I don't think he realizes some large dogs consider him fresh meat over anything else.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Did you purchase all of your dogs from a rescue center? It is amazing how different dogs are and the psychology behind why is more times than not, an environmental reason over genetics. The next dog I purchase will be a rescue dog. There's way too many dogs looking for homes and I think it's wonderful that you and your wife have gone there.
We got Andrew at a Dog Show. We were interested in getting a dog, so we decided to go to a dog show to talk with the people who were going to be showing Cocker Spaniels. There was a lady there who was a Breeder/Dog Shower, and we asked her if she had any puppies, and she said that she did, but she was looking to find a home for an older dog (Andrew, who was 2 at the time) who was a Show Dog but he wasn’t Show Dog material for reasons that mean nothing to a pet owner, (his legs were short) and she said that he was a sweet dog, and once she showed him to us, we fell in love with him (I’m actually getting choked up typing this). We had to agree to get him neutered, which we did, and she gave him to us for free, and he was our baby for the next 10 years.

We got Chance through a rescue organization that got us in touch with his owner/breeder. These people were basically back yard breeders who never bothered selling their puppies when their dogs had puppies so they basically neglected all the dogs and didn’t interact with them. They fed them, but when we got Chance he was filthy and he had cherry eyes, so we gave him a bath and then we had the cherry eyes removed. Chance was great with us, but he was skittish and he was more standoffish than Andrew was or Goldie is, but he was a nice dog, and we loved him.

Quote:
I don't think he realizes he's a very small dog. He's strong, he's not a delicate dog like a Yorkie. His legs are very muscular and he has substance to his body. But he's still small and I don't think he realizes some large dogs consider him fresh meat over anything else.
That’s hilarious! Our next door neighbor has a mean German Shepherd that is always barking whenever we’re out there, and Goldie will rush the fence growling and barking at the dog to defend us even though that German Shepherd could eat her for a snack if they were ever in the same yard!

Old 09-29-2017, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
We got Andrew at a Dog Show. We were interested in getting a dog, so we decided to go to a dog show to talk with the people who were going to be showing Cocker Spaniels. There was a lady there who was a Breeder/Dog Shower, and we asked her if she had any puppies, and she said that she did, but she was looking to find a home for an older dog (Andrew, who was 2 at the time) who was a Show Dog but he wasn’t Show Dog material for reasons that mean nothing to a pet owner, (his legs were short) and she said that he was a sweet dog, and once she showed him to us, we fell in love with him (I’m actually getting choked up typing this). We had to agree to get him neutered, which we did, and she gave him to us for free, and he was our baby for the next 10 years.
Awe, I can feel how much you love him. I don't mean "loved" either, I mean in the present, love. You will see him again, I can guarantee it. What a story. Most people would have gone for the puppies but not you and your lovely wife, you guys were meant to have that little angel named Andrew.

Quote:
We got Chance through a rescue organization that got us in touch with his owner/breeder. These people were basically back yard breeders who never bothered selling their puppies when their dogs had puppies so they basically neglected all the dogs and didn’t interact with them. They fed them, but when we got Chance he was filthy and he had cherry eyes, so we gave him a bath and then we had the cherry eyes removed. Chance was great with us, but he was skittish and he was more standoffish than Andrew was or Goldie is, but he was a nice dog, and we loved him.
How old was Chance when you rescued him? I use the word "rescue" because that's precisely what you did. It sounds like this owner/breeder was awful... sounds more like a puppy mill.

Do you have pictures of Andrew and Chance you could share or privately PM me?

Quote:
That’s hilarious! Our next door neighbor has a mean German Shepherd that is always barking whenever we’re out there, and Goldie will rush the fence growling and barking at the dog to defend us even though that German Shepherd could eat her for a snack if they were ever in the same yard!
So cute how Goldie will defend/protect you. She probably doesn't even think about the mean German Shepherd. All she's thinking about is protecting her owners.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I haven't applied it yet. I'm going to put it on after showering in a couple hours. Oh yeah, I definitely have insomnia again.
Ugh this sucks . I wonder what is the reason for this?
Old 09-29-2017, 03:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I needed to grab a bunch of work I can complete over the weekend. Since I couldn't sleep at 1 AM, I ended up showering and going to work right then. I arrived at 2:30 AM and just got home now at 5:30 AM. I closed my eyes in my office for 30 minutes. Going on not even 30 minutes of sleep, but this is better than forcing sleep for two hours then having to drive downtown. I am very tired now so shortly I'll try to sleep some.
Did you manage to sleep a bit?

Quote:

Quote:
Awesome! Exactly, you were proven right and they have to respect it. They have no other choice. So maybe now they won't question things so much and just allow you to do your job because in the end, they know you will be proven right once again. The business trip is a success just based on this fact too. Hopefully you have an overall better working relationship with them in the future.
Even my boss admitted that what I did forced them to admit something they were not ready to see. It was so funny because the Brazilian guy is claiming all the time that he knows his guys and that they talk to each other daily. I started estimating for the team and he started arguing with me and I told him that I would estimate as the way the team would do. He suggested to ask the team members to estimate to see how it goes and they did it like me. In the end I guess he still does not know them enough because he did not invite them for that reason. He even tried to manipulate a bit one of the guys by telling him to look at him . I chose different tactic. I decided to ask the two guys questions to lead them in a direction .

I also basically got an agreement to tell the team what to do . Basically the guy that usually gives the task priority can't decide on specific task that are pure technical. And I got an agreement to do this job. So I will be the one assigning priorities on those tasks and tell the team that they need to work on something no matter whether they like it or not. Well I won't be that rude, but still now I have the power to drive them in specific direction.

What I disliked is that they focused the whole on time badmouthing certain guy from our team. I told them that he is not the one that should do stuff and they should look at their guy too. I expect them both to take initiative and talk. I assume they would continue this way, but then I would expect something similar from their guys too. It's stupid that we have to play games like that, but I guess for now there is no other way.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Awe, I can feel how much you love him. I don't mean "loved" either, I mean in the present, love. You will see him again, I can guarantee it. What a story. Most people would have gone for the puppies but not you and your lovely wife, you guys were meant to have that little angel named Andrew.
Yes, I still love him and I always will.

Quote:
How old was Chance when you rescued him? I use the word "rescue" because that's precisely what you did. It sounds like this owner/breeder was awful... sounds more like a puppy mill.
Chance was 2 when we rescued him. We had him for a little over 12 years.

Quote:
Do you have pictures of Andrew and Chance you could share or privately PM me?
Yes, I'll e-mail them to you.

Quote:
So cute how Goldie will defend/protect you. She probably doesn't even think about the mean German Shepherd. All she's thinking about is protecting her owners.
Yes, it's really funny. A little Cocker Spaniel growling and barking at a German Shepherd to protect us!

Old 09-29-2017, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, I still love him and I always will.
I know, and he loves you too.

Quote:
Chance was 2 when we rescued him. We had him for a little over 12 years.
That's great!

My last dog, Teddy, the L Apso lived to be close to 14. He didn't have any health issues whatsoever until one day he started breathing heavy. He also didn't eat much for that past week. We took him to the vet thinking heart related issues that hopefully they could control. Found out he had cancer in his lungs, kidneys, and who knows where else. It was awful having to put him to sleep. He was turning blue apparently and we didn't even know it. Our dog before Teddy was named Scooter and he was an English Springer Spaniel. He was a piece of love, an angel. He was so sweet and gentle. He lived to be around 12/13 which is really good for such a big dog. He died of old age... his neurological function was gone... he was shaking and didn't have bladder control. I will never forget having to say goodbye to him. I was in middle school, my sister was in high school. My dad was taking him in while we were in school. I remember my sister screaming at the top of her lungs saying no and not wanting to let go of Scooter. I cried for several hours in school that day off and on. It was so awful. Dogs are so special. They fill you up with love and when it's time to say goodbye it's gut-wrenching.

Quote:
Yes, I'll e-mail them to you.
Perfect!

Quote:
Yes, it's really funny. A little Cocker Spaniel growling and barking at a German Shepherd to protect us!
Goldie for the win. How does the German Shepherd react to Goldie barking?

Last edited by jediwands; 09-29-2017 at 03:43 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread