Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2022, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
I agree. I think that's why what he does upsets the fandom so much. It is SO out of character for Ephram to do. He even gave her that Infinity necklace then laughs about it later on. Out of character and borderline cruel.

The real Ephram might want to get away from Andy, but he would take Amy with him or try to... certainly not break up with her but ask if she wanted to go with him to Europe or back to NYC, together they would deal with the shock and pain over how betrayed he felt by both Andy and Madison. Instead, he dumps Amy like she was trash. It's awful. It never matched up with the Eprham and Amy story. His determination to win her back immediately upon return from Europe and finding out he wrote her postcards, THAT is Ephram; but the crap before then, breaking up, leaving her (especially with Rose's cancer diagnosis), laughing about her seeing a forever for them, it all was cruel and entirely out of character and you are so right... look no further than how he acts at the cabin as to just HOW out of character it was.
I really wish that they never had this storyline. It was a disaster from the start, it was cheap melodrama, and it did real damage to the main characters and the main couple on the show. Nothing good came out of it and to me it somewhat diminished Everwood's legacy.

I'll be honest when I say that I'm dreading re-watching the Madisongate episodes. I hated them so much the first time around that I didn't even write episode commentaries for them, and it's going to be really hard for me to write episode commentaries for them now.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I really wish that they never had this storyline. It was a disaster from the start, it was cheap melodrama, and it did real damage to the main characters and the main couple on the show. Nothing good came out of it and to me it somewhat diminished Everwood's legacy.

I'll be honest when I say that I'm dreading re-watching the Madisongate episodes. I hated them so much the first time around that I didn't even write episode commentaries for them, and it's going to be really hard for me to write episode commentaries for them now.
I agree. It was clearly the biggest mistake of the series.

I just looked at what I said right after watching the episode when Ephram finds out. I say a lot but look at my first thoughts minutes after watching for the first time ever:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
I'm pretty speechless right now. So much happened tonight that it's quite difficult to even gather my thoughts together as a whole.. I think I'll just do my job and moderate the board tonight, and add in a thought or two here or there, while digesting the episode.

I will say one thing, though.. I am fuming that Ephram found out before the audition. Absolutely FUMING. LIVID. Madison did NOT have to tell him right then.. She could have waited until after the audition. She has waited for how long now? What was another day? I am beyond pissed that he was told at that moment. It was a terribly wrong and cruel choice on her part. That's all I'll say on the subject for now.. And I can't even get started on what I feel about Andy..

Back to moderating for me.
I was spoiled (Fanbolt spoilers) as you know but watching it live play out... I literally was holding in emotions when I typed that up. I cried and was very emotionally devastated and hated Madison so much I almost felt weird for having such hatred for a stupid TV character. I totally remember that moment as I typed and sent that post.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I guess we should be REALLY happy Ephram and Amy had this time though. I know we all go back and forth on if Ephram should have immediately found out or not. I do think Harold had some good points initially about them being in love and deserving this time given everything they had been through. He said this right after he knew Amy had fallen in love with Ephram. But I think overall the fact from the end of S2 until Ephram finds out around the final part of S3, Ephram and Amy are a solid couple minus a couple hiccups but they solidified their romantic relationship. I think the fact that they had the romantic relationship during this time period is why they could not only reunite but get that happy ending we all knew they deserved.

As a result, I love these episodes right now because it is only strengthening their romantic, emotional and spiritual bond.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread