Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2021, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensports (View Post)
Absolutely!

You cannot get any better than James Earl Jones.

These brilliant guest stars had to buy into the story, the energy of the show. They never would’ve guest starred on Dawson’s Creek or One Tree Hill.

Only Everwood.
Exactly. Like you've said, the show really was a gem.

Quote:
I would have as well! I loved it so much. My favorite car by far. I’ve had Honda’s ever since mostly and I do like them overall. Smooth drive, if you keep up with maintenance they will last forever… but my Ford Thunderbird will always be my first love.
I understand! My 1997 Thunderbird was the first car that I ever ordered from the factory so I was able to pick the color and trim etc. I loved it. I've had Ford Fusions since then.

Quote:
Agreed. Well said. It just doesn’t make sense because she was literally the mayor of Everwood. You shouldn’t be passive as a mayor. Especially in such a conservative town. It’s amazing enough a woman was elected mayor. You would assume she would have a large voice as a result. Yet at home with her husband she was passive concerning her children.
It really didn't make sense at all.

Quote:
^^^ Berlanti knew Ephram and Amy were way too powerful together so he had to separate them during this time period.
I completely agree. Remember is Season Four when they had that soulmates flashback after Irv died? It was right at the time that Ephram was with Madison and Amy was with Tommy, but that scene showed us how they were meant to be together even when they were with other people who were wrong for them. When Ephram told Amy that she had a soulmate standing right in front of her, I melted. It also showed that what Ephram felt for Amy was so much stronger and all encompassing than what he felt for Madison. In that flashback scene, if Amy had told Ephram that she loved him, and that he was her soulmate, he would have dropped Madison so fast that it would have made our heads spin.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Exactly. Like you've said, the show really was a gem.
Definitely. I remember going from Dawson's Creek to Everwood and couldn't believe the difference. The WB had no clue what they had with Everwood. They wanted it lower quality, a teen show and soapy. They were upset that's what Everwood was not. It was unreal.

Quote:
I understand! My 1997 Thunderbird was the first car that I ever ordered from the factory so I was able to pick the color and trim etc. I loved it. I've had Ford Fusions since then.
What color was your 1997?

Quote:
It really didn't make sense at all.
It did not.

Quote:
I completely agree. Remember is Season Four when they had that soulmates flashback after Irv died? It was right at the time that Ephram was with Madison and Amy was with Tommy, but that scene showed us how they were meant to be together even when they were with other people who were wrong for them. When Ephram told Amy that she had a soulmate standing right in front of her, I melted. It also showed that what Ephram felt for Amy was so much stronger and all encompassing than what he felt for Madison. In that flashback scene, if Amy had told Ephram that she loved him, and that he was her soulmate, he would have dropped Madison so fast that it would have made our heads spin.

This is one my favorite Ephram/Amy scenes of the series. Thanks for posting it! A good reminder that Ephram always considered Amy his first choice, and look at him yearning for her here while still with Madison. He never loved Madison, Berlanti made sure we understood as much with this scene alone.

The part when Ephram pauses and says he thinks she's wrong... my heart just thumps. It's so powerful. Amy gets so nervous... she stumbles on her words because she immediately understands it's Ephram. I also love how Colin is entirely dismissed in this scene as nothing but a childhood crush.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Definitely. I remember going from Dawson's Creek to Everwood and couldn't believe the difference. The WB had no clue what they had with Everwood. They wanted it lower quality, a teen show and soapy. They were upset that's what Everwood was not. It was unreal.
It was like night and day. The WB really had no clue how good Everwood was, and then The CW cancelled it entirely.

Quote:
What color was your 1997?
It was a beautiful dark green metallic color.

Quote:
It did not.
It really didn't.

Quote:

This is one my favorite Ephram/Amy scenes of the series. Thanks for posting it! A good reminder that Ephram always considered Amy his first choice, and look at him yearning for her here while still with Madison. He never loved Madison, Berlanti made sure we understood as much with this scene alone.

The part when Ephram pauses and says he thinks she's wrong... my heart just thumps. It's so powerful. Amy gets so nervous... she stumbles on her words because she immediately understands it's Ephram. I also love how Colin is entirely dismissed in this scene as nothing but a childhood crush.
I absolutely loved that scene for so many reasons:
  1. Because it showed that Ephram was still in love with Amy even when he was with Madison.
  2. Because it showed Amy dismissing her "love" for Colin as a childhood crush and equating how she felt for Colin to when she wanted to marry Big Bird when she was six.
  3. Ephram telling Amy that she had a soulmate and he was standing right in front of her.
I also liked how they then switched to the present day and they showed Amy realizing that Ephram was there for her all along.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-03-2021, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It was like night and day. The WB really had no clue how good Everwood was, and then The CW cancelled it entirely.
Definitely. I remember during the last part of the WB (and Everwood) they cared so little for the show they threw it on a different night. Ratings got even better. Ratings were always exceptional compared to other lower quality shows like OTH. It didn’t matter. They wanted teen soaps and so did the CW.

Quote:
It was a beautiful dark green metallic color.
Beautiful.

Quote:
It really didn't.

I absolutely loved that scene for so many reasons:
  1. Because it showed that Ephram was still in love with Amy even when he was with Madison.
  2. Because it showed Amy dismissing her "love" for Colin as a childhood crush and equating how she felt for Colin to when she wanted to marry Big Bird when she was six.
  3. Ephram telling Amy that she had a soulmate and he was standing right in front of her.
I also liked how they then switched to the present day and they showed Amy realizing that Ephram was there for her all along.

Exactly. You can tell it was very important for Berlanti to carefully construct this flashback scene. It was powerful and conveyed so much.
Old 09-03-2021, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Definitely. I remember during the last part of the WB (and Everwood) they cared so little for the show they threw it on a different night. Ratings got even better. Ratings were always exceptional compared to other lower quality shows like OTH. It didn’t matter. They wanted teen soaps and so did the CW.
What always got me is that The CW based the cancellation of Everwood because Seventh Heaven had good ratings for what was supposed to be its Series Finale. Of course, a Series Finale is supposed to have good ratings! So they brought that crapfest back, and the ratings tanked the following season, and the other show that they cancelled Everwood for, Runaway, only lasted 3 episodes before it was cancelled.

Quote:
Beautiful.
It will always be my favorite car.

Quote:

Exactly. You can tell it was very important for Berlanti to carefully construct this flashback scene. It was powerful and conveyed so much.
Definitely, which is why it made no sense whatsoever for him to bring back Madison if the show wasn't cancelled.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
What always got me is that The CW based the cancellation of Everwood because Seventh Heaven had good ratings for what was supposed to be its Series Finale. Of course, a Series Finale is supposed to have good ratings! So they brought that crapfest back, and the ratings tanked the following season, and the other show that they cancelled Everwood for, Runaway, only lasted 3 episodes before it was cancelled.
Exactly right. Karma. Dawn specifically received some as well.

Quote:
It will always be my favorite car.

Quote:
Definitely, which is why it made no sense whatsoever for him to bring back Madison if the show wasn't cancelled.
He claimed it was just for 1-3 episodes and she’d try to fight the adoption. I don’t know what purpose it would serve beyond upsetting Ephram and delaying Ephram/Amy a bit. But it wasn’t for a romantic triangle. Still, what a joke it would have been.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Exactly right. Karma. Dawn specifically received some as well.
Yes she did!

Quote:
He claimed it was just for 1-3 episodes and she’d try to fight the adoption. I don’t know what purpose it would serve beyond upsetting Ephram and delaying Ephram/Amy a bit. But it wasn’t for a romantic triangle. Still, what a joke it would have been.
I just don't understand why he'd bring such a hated character back.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes she did!

I just don't understand why he'd bring such a hated character back.
It doesn’t make any sense. He probably used her for cheap drama and figured what better way to show the new network his series could go soapy than bring back an adult character who got pregnant with an underage boy and wants to possibly fight the adoption. I think he knew it sounded soapy and assumed the CW would be impressed. Probably why he was open to Nina pregnant with Jake’s baby while romantically with Andy.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
It doesn’t make any sense. He probably used her for cheap drama and figured what better way to show the new network his series could go soapy than bring back an adult character who got pregnant with an underage boy and wants to possibly fight the adoption. I think he knew it sounded soapy and assumed the CW would be impressed. Probably why he was open to Nina pregnant with Jake’s baby while romantically with Andy.
After hearing about both of those proposed storylines, the cancellation was like a blessing in disguise.

Old 09-03-2021, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
After hearing about both of those proposed storylines, the cancellation was like a blessing in disguise.
... the Hannah/Ephram one as well.
Old 09-05-2021, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

i meant to say edna not rose in that top 5 list lol
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
i meant to say edna not rose in that top 5 list lol
Haha! Got it!
Old 01-13-2022, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everwoodlover (View Post)
I could totally relate to Ephram's frustration at his dad choosing a car for him, I remember when I first drove and my dad tried to steer me in a certain direction for a car, thankfully I held firm and got the car I wanted(a used 1998 Honda Civic, had it for a while until I got rear-ended, thankfully I wasn't hurt but the car was totalled, then I ended up inhering my grandmothers 1998 Toyota Camry after she could no longer drive it due to losing a leg to smoking and i've still got that car today and it works quite well).
Sorry about your grandmother. I had two Honda’s in early high school/college and loved them so much. Both were accords, such a smooth ride. I also got into an accident with my first one in the winter time hitting a sheet of black ice. It wasn’t totalled but needed repaired. I also eventually had a Black Ford Thunderbird I loved as well. My friend had a Toyota Camry and I loved driving her car. Cool car. It was a stick and and such a great ride. My parents were pretty good about picking out the right cars for me but I do remember how important it was to like what I was driving and was reminded of it during this episode.
Reply   Post New Thread