Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2021, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Yes, Three Miners From Everwood really engaged me, but this one didn't as much, but I think that a lot of it was due to Madison not being in the last episode and her being prominently featured in this one.
So true. Three Miners From Everwood played out like a mini-movie. It was so perfectly put together. I think why this current episode is weaker in this sense is because of the foreshadowing parts we have to endure for Ephram/Madison. Clearly this episode was setting them up for a romantic relationship so we have to watch it slowly play out, while reaching for anti-nausea medication. Yes, not having Madison in Three Miners From Everwood was glorious.

Quote:
That's awesome that you know so much about this. I've seen the actor who played Phil in a lot of different things, including commercials for Farmers Insurance.
I only know because I have some of these abilities so learning from family members that I was not crazy (and within the family lol) along with research is how I have learned this stuff. Clearly someone within the Everwood creative team either has similar abilities or researched and learned about it which was very nice to see.

Oh really? I haven't seen the actor who plays Phil in anything else.

Quote:
I think that Andy saw the car as a safe car for Ephram as it was big and built like a tank. I think that was his main concern.
Good point. I do remember when my parents got me my first car it's the first thing my mom said. She didn't want me to have a super small car which is what I desired due to gas mileage. She wanted me in a bigger car that she felt was safer should I get into an accident. I jokingly told her OK but then they can help me with purchasing gas. They did, too. They knew I couldn't work then due to being consumed with sports and studies so they did pay for most of my gas.

Quote:
Emily did an incredible job as Amy. She really depicted someone who's so lost and like you said literally drowning. I couldn't believe how Harold reacted to her condition and that Linda also seemed to ignore how depressed she was.
Emily shined. Yes, I just don't understand the Abbott siblings. It was right in front of them.

Quote:
Thanks! This episode really illustrated how bad Madison and Ephram were for each other, and she brought out the worst in him. He regressed instead of progressed with her.
Can you believe some fans literally thought Ephram/Madison was a good learning experience for Ephram? I will never understand this line of thinking. How? She got pregnant! She was embarrassed to be seen with him. It was not a legal relationship. Nothing about this relationship brought anything good to Ephram. Nothing.

Quote:
That storyline really was incredible and Debra Mooney and Marcia Cross did an incredible job in their scenes together.
Such high quality you had to watch it twice. I did!

Quote:
He really was.

She really did!

Yes, this was one of the tougher episodes for me to watch.

So far we have survived Madison and Ephram/Madison S2. I guess we should be happy about this.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-01-2021 at 11:41 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 12:49 PM
Master Fan

The actor who played Phil won an Oscar for “ Whiplash.” He’s fantastic.
Saranoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranoh (View Post)
The actor who played Phil won an Oscar for “ Whiplash.” He’s fantastic.
Wow. Really?! That’s incredible. I’m going to have to watch this!
Old 09-01-2021, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensports (View Post)
So true. Three Miners From Everwood played out like a mini-movie. It was so perfectly put together. I think why this current episode is weaker in this sense is because of the foreshadowing parts we have to endure for Ephram/Madison. Clearly this episode was setting them up for a romantic relationship so we have to watch it slowly play out, while reaching for anti-nausea medication. Yes, not having Madison in Three Miners From Everwood was glorious.
Three Miners from Everwood was an absolutely incredible episode. I think it was one of the best episodes of the entire show.

Quote:
I only know because I have some of these abilities so learning from family members that I was not crazy (and within the family lol) along with research is how I have learned this stuff. Clearly someone within the Everwood creative team either has similar abilities or researched and learned about it which was very nice to see.
That's wonderful. You have such a gift.

Quote:
Oh really? I haven't seen the actor who plays Phil in anything else.
J.K. Simmons, who played Phil, is a very gifted character actor who's an Academy Award winner. Here is an article about him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._K._Simmons

One thing that also made Everwood so great is that it had top-notch actors even in guest starring roles.

Quote:
Good point. I do remember when my parents got me my first car it's the first thing my mom said. She didn't want me to have a super small car which is what I desired due to gas mileage. She wanted me in a bigger car that she felt was safer should I get into an accident. I jokingly told her OK but then they can help me with purchasing gas. They did, too. They knew I couldn't work then due to being consumed with sports and studies so they did pay for most of my gas.
That was so nice of them. You had a Ford Thunderbird correct? I had a 1986 Ford Thunderbird and a 1997 Ford Thunderbird. My 1997 Ford Thunderbird is my favorite car of all time. My first car was a piece of junk Dodge Colt. It was literally in the shop more than it was on the road. I swore that I would never buy a used car after that and I haven't.

Quote:
Emily shined. Yes, I just don't understand the Abbott siblings. It was right in front of them.
Exactly, it was definitely right in front of them, especially Harold.

Quote:
Can you believe some fans literally thought Ephram/Madison was a good learning experience for Ephram? I will never understand this line of thinking. How? She got pregnant! She was embarrassed to be seen with him. It was not a legal relationship. Nothing about this relationship brought anything good to Ephram. Nothing.
I remember that and it was so ridiculous that anyone would view Ephram and Madison as something positive.

Quote:
Such high quality you had to watch it twice. I did!
Exactly!

Quote:

So far we have survived Madison and Ephram/Madison S2. I guess we should be happy about this.
LOL!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
When I was watching the episode, Teresa walked by when Madison was singing and she said "Who's that singing? She's awful!"

The sacrifices that I make for this board!
Teresa has good taste!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Teresa was not only wise picking you for a husband, but wise about Dawson's Creek and everything else for that matter.

Quote:
She is so right about how Katie changed acting styles for Joey in the later seasons.
The Pacey and Joey scenes where they both mugged for the camera were nauseating.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-01-2021, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Teresa has good taste!

Old 09-01-2021, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

The Pacey and Joey scenes where they both mugged for the camera were nauseating.
Right? I love your description. That is precisely it. Seriously, I hate to admit it but I rather see Madison over Pacey/Joey. At least Madison was never a true romantic threat to Ephram/Amy and while she did her share of causing chaos in general, it was never a true triangle and Sarah did do a good job with Madison given the intention of the character.

Pacey/Joey were a nightmare, changing the entire essence of the series. Joey's character turned into a cutesy mess and Pacey had this sullen, deep, dark depressing voice that made you want to poke your eyes out. Couldn't stand anything about Pacey/Joey, their individual characters, or how the actors portrayed them from S3 and on.

So I guess score one for Madison.
Old 09-01-2021, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Three Miners from Everwood was an absolutely incredible episode. I think it was one of the best episodes of the entire show.
I agree.

Quote:
That's wonderful. You have such a gift.
Thank you!

Quote:
J.K. Simmons, who played Phil, is a very gifted character actor who's an Academy Award winner. Here is an article about him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._K._Simmons
Wow, I am embarrassed. I live under a rock so much. I had no idea, thank you for the article!

Quote:
One thing that also made Everwood so great is that it had top-notch actors even in guest starring roles.
This is so very true. This show was a gem from start to finish. There was nothing low-quality about Everwood.

Quote:
That was so nice of them. You had a Ford Thunderbird correct? I had a 1986 Ford Thunderbird and a 1997 Ford Thunderbird. My 1997 Ford Thunderbird is my favorite car of all time. My first car was a piece of junk Dodge Colt. It was literally in the shop more than it was on the road. I swore that I would never buy a used car after that and I haven't.
I did, indeed! Ford Thunderbirds were wonderful. What are you currently driving?

Quote:
Exactly, it was definitely right in front of them, especially Harold.
Especially Harold.

Do you blame Rose at all for her passiveness?

Quote:
I remember that and it was so ridiculous that anyone would view Ephram and Madison as something positive.
I will never understand it.

Quote:
Exactly!

LOL!
Old 09-01-2021, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

I could see teens viewing Ephron/Madison as a positive just because the age difference doesn’t seem that big. As an adult you see how gross it is, though.
Saranoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranoh (View Post)
I could see teens viewing Ephron/Madison as a positive just because the age difference doesn’t seem that big. As an adult you see how gross it is, though.
Spot on. We had several teens on the EM thread back in the day. We had a few that liked them "remembering" their teen days. A couple guys who thought it was like a fantasy to have an older girl/adult liking them. So there were various reasons but precisely what you said... thinking like an adult, it's clear how utterly gross it is and the pairing was not meant to be seen in a positive light.
Old 09-01-2021, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I agree.

Quote:
Thank you!
You're welcome!

Quote:
Wow, I am embarrassed. I live under a rock so much. I had no idea, thank you for the article!
Don't feel embarrassed. I didn't know all that either, and I didn't know the actor's name until I looked it up. He's had quite a career though!

Quote:
This is so very true. This show was a gem from start to finish. There was nothing low-quality about Everwood.
Absolutely.

Quote:
I did, indeed! Ford Thunderbirds were wonderful.
What year was your car?

Quote:
What are you currently driving?
A 2017 Ford Fusion. I like it, but I don't like it as much as my 1997 Thunderbird.

Quote:
Especially Harold.

Do you blame Rose at all for her passiveness?
Yes I do. She should have stood up to Harold and put her foot down. She tried, but it wasn't enough.

Quote:
I will never understand it.
Neither will I.

Quote:

Old 09-01-2021, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

You're welcome!

Don't feel embarrassed. I didn't know all that either, and I didn't know the actor's name until I looked it up. He's had quite a career though!

He certainly has! He’s won 4 major different kinds of awards. Absolutely incredible. Everwood had this guy (and so many other brilliant actors) as a guest star. Incredible.

Quote:
Absolutely.

What year was your car?

A 2017 Ford Fusion. I like it, but I don't like it as much as my 1997 Thunderbird.
Why did they stop making Thunderbirds? They were the best!

Mine was a black 1998 Ford Thunderbird. I drove it around so proud and happy. I seriously loved it.

Quote:
Yes I do. She should have stood up to Harold and put her foot down. She tried, but it wasn't enough.
Exactly. I really wish she would have. My mom would have lead the charge.

Quote:
Neither will I.

It’s not a coincidence that Berlanti prevented Ephram and Amy from sharing scenes during this time. Not only would it make a mockery of their current love interests (with the Ephram/Amy connection visible Ephram/Madison never would be able to be forced down our throats) but Ephram would have been the one immediately picking up on Amy’s paralyzing suffering.
Old 09-02-2021, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:

He certainly has! He’s won 4 major different kinds of awards. Absolutely incredible. Everwood had this guy (and so many other brilliant actors) as a guest star. Incredible.
Yes, Everwood had first rate actors, even as guest stars. They had James Earl Jones as a semi-recurring character, and he's a legend!

Quote:
Why did they stop making Thunderbirds? They were the best!

Mine was a black 1998 Ford Thunderbird. I drove it around so proud and happy. I seriously loved it.
I'll never understand why they stopped making Thunderbirds. It was an incredible car. They stopped making our style of Thunderbird in 1997, (so your 1998 Thunderbird was manufactured in 1997, which is normal) and then they came back as a Two-Seater version from 2002–2005 that was supposed to resemble the original 1955-1957 Two-Seater Thunderbirds, but the cars were way overpriced and they didn't sell well, so they discontinued the brand. It's really too bad because I loved my Ford Thunderbird and I would have kept buying them.

Quote:
Exactly. I really wish she would have. My mom would have lead the charge.
I always felt that Rose was somewhat of a passive character in general. I really liked her but I wish that she would have stood up to Harold more, especially at this critical time.

Quote:

It’s not a coincidence that Berlanti prevented Ephram and Amy from sharing scenes during this time. Not only would it make a mockery of their current love interests (with the Ephram/Amy connection visible Ephram/Madison never would be able to be forced down our throats) but Ephram would have been the one immediately picking up on Amy’s paralyzing suffering.
That's very true. Ephram already had picked up on Amy's suffering, but they purposely kept them both apart so they could be in their bad relationships, Ephram with Madison and Amy with Tommy.

Old 09-02-2021, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, Everwood had first rate actors, even as guest stars. They had James Earl Jones as a semi-recurring character, and he's a legend!
Absolutely!

You cannot get any better than James Earl Jones.

These brilliant guest stars had to buy into the story, the energy of the show. They never would’ve guest starred on Dawson’s Creek or One Tree Hill.

Only Everwood.

Quote:
I'll never understand why they stopped making Thunderbirds. It was an incredible car. They stopped making our style of Thunderbird in 1997, (so your 1998 Thunderbird was manufactured in 1997, which is normal) and then they came back as a Two-Seater version from 2002–2005 that was supposed to resemble the original 1955-1957 Two-Seater Thunderbirds, but the cars were way overpriced and they didn't sell well, so they discontinued the brand. It's really too bad because I loved my Ford Thunderbird and I would have kept buying them.
I would have as well! I loved it so much. My favorite car by far. I’ve had Honda’s ever since mostly and I do like them overall. Smooth drive, if you keep up with maintenance they will last forever… but my Ford Thunderbird will always be my first love.

Quote:
I always felt that Rose was somewhat of a passive character in general. I really liked her but I wish that she would have stood up to Harold more, especially at this critical time.
Agreed. Well said. It just doesn’t make sense because she was literally the mayor of Everwood. You shouldn’t be passive as a mayor. Especially in such a conservative town. It’s amazing enough a woman was elected mayor. You would assume she would have a large voice as a result. Yet at home with her husband she was passive concerning her children.

Quote:
That's very true. Ephram already had picked up on Amy's suffering, but they purposely kept them both apart so they could be in their bad relationships, Ephram with Madison and Amy with Tommy.
^^^ Berlanti knew Ephram and Amy were way too powerful together so he had to separate them during this time period.
Reply   Post New Thread