Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2004, 05:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

yeah, the document at the end was the only 47 i caught in the finale. those papers are stressin me out already.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by chattanooga girl
yeah, the document at the end was the only 47 i caught in the finale. those papers are stressin me out already.
yeah, it was S.A.B Project 47 or something like that... there was a 47 there, though.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Gah .. without any new episodes, it's hard to remember all the 47s and look for them... However, with the new Season 3 on DVD, maybe we can find some.

While I was waiting on 3 to come out, I rewatched part of 2. Can't remember just off hand what I saw, but there was a 47! I'll rewatch it and be back!
Old 09-12-2004, 02:15 AM
New Fan

Even if it isn't something directedly related to Rambaldi, it can just be something writers stuck into the show as a reference to their own experiences. A linked site mentioned how often people supposedly notice the number forty seven constantly. I've read similar thoughts on 11:11 and frequently notice it myself.
Old 09-12-2004, 03:27 AM
Passionate Fan

I read something to other day that was titled "You know you are to envolved in Alias when....." One of the points was "you see the number 47 and wait for something earthmoving to happen"

Thats so me but I just laugh so hard when I see it. And I have everyone else I know in to it now to cause of me and when ever I catch up with someone they tell me all there 47's since I last saw them. And it was so bad the other day my housemate and I went and saw Man on Fire and there is a keycard and the pin for it is 4747. It was a really serious moment and we both laughed so loud, everyone around us gave us dirty looks but we couldn't help it!

I just want to know why it is significant to Alias. Or if JJ was just evil and just threw it in there to frustrate us. In X-files Chris Carter always used 1310 and 1113 cause they are his and his wifes birthdays but what is with 47 in Alias!!!!!!!!

Even Lucifer retained his beauty after his fall. Julian Sark
Old 09-12-2004, 04:01 AM
Master Fan

I do not even try to unravel the great mystery that is the number 47
who you will be.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by The True Cat
I read something to other day that was titled "You know you are to envolved in Alias when....." One of the points was "you see the number 47 and wait for something earthmoving to happen"

Thats so me but I just laugh so hard when I see it. And I have everyone else I know in to it now to cause of me and when ever I catch up with someone they tell me all there 47's since I last saw them. And it was so bad the other day my housemate and I went and saw Man on Fire and there is a keycard and the pin for it is 4747. It was a really serious moment and we both laughed so loud, everyone around us gave us dirty looks but we couldn't help it!

I just want to know why it is significant to Alias. Or if JJ was just evil and just threw it in there to frustrate us. In X-files Chris Carter always used 1310 and 1113 cause they are his and his wifes birthdays but what is with 47 in Alias!!!!!!!!
It's been in the show from the start. I don't know why JJ (or whomever) put it there. However, is is important to Rambaldi. But it's not just that. Sometimes it's a room number, or a password or anything.
Old 10-31-2004, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

47 has almost become my favorite number, simply because I see it all the time in "Alias".

Wonder what subtle hints we'll get in S4 about the number '47'
Old 10-31-2004, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by CutieKatie
47 has almost become my favorite number, simply because I see it all the time in "Alias".

Wonder what subtle hints we'll get in S4 about the number '47'
Katie, so great to see you on all these boards Yeah, I usually miss the first references to 47, though, because I'm all into the plot, action, suspense, etc. It's usually only on the reruns or the DVDs that I actually catch the referencs to 47.

Carol
Old 11-02-2004, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

Whenever I watch and I notice the 47 somewhere, I am all proud of myself . Like "Oh I bet no one else saw that!" which of course like a million people did way before I did
who you will be.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

As I was rewatching S3, I noticed in 3.5 "Repercussions" 47! I don't know how I missed it the first time except that I must have been all caught up in the actual show!

However, on Sydney and Lauren's beepers, when they are both in the hospital visitng Vaughn, their pagers go off and on the pager is the number 47911 -- the CIA paging them that something is important is going on.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

I haven't even looked for the number 47 in season 3! I should do that!
who you will be.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Impressions
I haven't even looked for the number 47 in season 3! I should do that!
Do look at S3. There is more there than you see at first.

What I want to know is what's JJs fascination with 47?
Old 11-05-2004, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

Has anyone decrypted the letter push in for locations? Did that even make sense . In the commentary for season 3, they talked about how in the past seasons, whenever a location would come up and the camera would push through a letter, the culmination of letters would make certain words or phrases. I haven't looked at it myself but it seemed quite interesting.

Oh, anothing interesting thing I found about the number 47, was it posted here and that's where I remember it? I can't seem to find where I read it but it was that the number 47 was a tribute to JJ graduate school. And that all of it's graduates incorporate the number 47 as a nod to the school.
who you will be.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Impressions
Has anyone decrypted the letter push in for locations? Did that even make sense . In the commentary for season 3, they talked about how in the past seasons, whenever a location would come up and the camera would push through a letter, the culmination of letters would make certain words or phrases. I haven't looked at it myself but it seemed quite interesting.

Oh, anothing interesting thing I found about the number 47, was it posted here and that's where I remember it? I can't seem to find where I read it but it was that the number 47 was a tribute to JJ graduate school. And that all of it's graduates incorporate the number 47 as a nod to the school.

Ooooo Ashley no, that last part wasn't posted here, I don't think. Thanks for posting that. How cool. So that is JJs fascination with 47 -- it is a tribute to his school. How cool is that?

And I hadn't heard about the first stuff either. I'll need to listen to S3 commentary.

In 3.3 Reunion Russia's early warning system was activated at 4:47 (47!) Moscow time in response to the sattelitte that fell out of the sky.

Also, when Jack is installing the bug to mess up Marshall's program so that it would not identify Sydney as the killer, you can see the percentage "28.2474%"

Carol