Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2023, 12:11 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

https://www.fanforum.com/f40/2nd-bes...-5th-63272158/

I guess since others have posted it, I'll do it this time. New round in the survivor, not many votes yet but just went with the early flow since I'm sure they will all try to vote P/J off AGAIN. Funny how they don't think to switch it up sometimes, never thought something could be so boring and annoying. Still also putting it out there that I think Chandler/Monica are the biggest threat to win, so I still get uneasy the longer they stick around IMO.

Love those pics with the cute little PDA in the hallway over Pacey's good grade lol.
Old 07-05-2023, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Such cute pictures.
I am an original”
Old 07-05-2023, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He did beat up a bully and buy her a wall. That's hard to compete with.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 07-05-2023, 10:52 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Great video, showing a shot of Dawson getting knocked out doesn't hurt either lol.
Old 07-05-2023, 11:03 PM
Master Fan

I love how they explicitly say it's not him to beat up a bully who hurt her or to buy her a whole wall to herself lol.

Loser behavior. (Yeah yeah I know it's not right to beat up anyone blah blah it's still hot af, so *shrug*)
Old 07-06-2023, 08:50 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

This is the Survivor list:

Talking about each other with other people.
Kissing
Banter
Pacey carrying or picking up Joey
Neck kisses
Old 07-06-2023, 10:20 AM
Master Fan

Thank you!

I think it was the 'Talking about each other with other people' that was the other one that had been at the top of my list. So my vote is for that one.
Old 07-06-2023, 06:25 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkson_fan (View Post)
I love how they explicitly say it's not him to beat up a bully who hurt her or to buy her a whole wall to herself lol.

Loser behavior. (Yeah yeah I know it's not right to beat up anyone blah blah it's still hot af, so *shrug*)
Me too, cause Dawson could never touch the cool and badass swag Pacey always had. There is also a difference between defending someone's honor when they defaced artwork that was very important to her and acting like a deranged and insecure d--- that could of gotten many people (including his father) hurt or killed over an immature pissing contest.

Yay, glad you found the Survivor list! How could I forgot the picking up/carrying Survivor? I think that was one of mine lol. I would love that or neck kisses the most, but as usual I'm fine with any one we pick.
Old 07-07-2023, 08:31 AM
Master Fan

I recently re-watched that episode that you're referring too.
Old 07-07-2023, 10:40 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)

Yay, glad you found the Survivor list! How could I forgot the picking up/carrying Survivor? I think that was one of mine lol. I would love that or neck kisses the most, but as usual I'm fine with any one we pick.
How many times did Pacey pick up/carry Joey?

Boathouse make out -lifting her onto the counter.
Carrying drunk Joey 2 times in 4X04 - Future Tense
Twirling in the school hallway
Carrying drunk Joey in Clean and Sober
Twirling in series finale

Any more?
Old 07-07-2023, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Me too, cause Dawson could never touch the cool and badass swag Pacey always had. There is also a difference between defending someone's honor when they defaced artwork that was very important to her and acting like a deranged and insecure d--- that could of gotten many people (including his father) hurt or killed over an immature pissing contest.

Yeah, idk why they have Pacey say 'if anything you love him more' about his behavior during that boat race. It was truly horrid behavior, nothing romantic about it. But I guess the writers, in some weird twisted way, thought it was. *sigh* whatever

https://www.fanforum.com//f40/2nd-be...8/index16.html

We've got a new round and they're coming for PJo once again, so a reminder to vote. They're saying "man PJo is holding on for it's life" and it's like...yeah because you guys keep coming for them and more people actually like/love them than hate them haha.
Old 07-07-2023, 03:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkson_fan (View Post)
Yeah, idk why they have Pacey say 'if anything you love him more' about his behavior during that boat race. It was truly horrid behavior, nothing romantic about it. But I guess the writers, in some weird twisted way, thought it was. *sigh* whatever
I feel like this was Pacey's insecurity talking, rather than any actual truth in the statement. Still, i wish Joey had refuted it stronger.

I feel like Dawson didn't really understand masculinity. When he tries to imitate it, it always comes out toxic. (The boat race, punching Jack, trying to take over dancing with Jen from Cliff, the double date thing, etc).
Old 07-07-2023, 05:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by postie (View Post)
I feel like this was Pacey's insecurity talking, rather than any actual truth in the statement. Still, i wish Joey had refuted it stronger.

I feel like Dawson didn't really understand masculinity. When he tries to imitate it, it always comes out toxic. (The boat race, punching Jack, trying to take over dancing with Jen from Cliff, the double date thing, etc).
I would agree that he says it out of insecurity, but the writers don't have Joey refute so it feels like they were trying to play it that way too, because some could interpret her silence as kinda agreeing with Pacey idk.

I agree about Dawson, because he takes so much of what it means to be a man from movies. He even kind of looks down at his own dad some times because he's not acting how a "man" should act or doing things that a "man" should do. He lives so much in the movies that he takes so much what it means to be a man from them. And movies, in general, have horrible ways of showing men and masculinity and what it really means to be a good man.

Also to everyone in the thread, we're neck and neck right now with people voting Pacey/Joey. Shawn/Angela is the way the tide is going, so if you haven't gotten over to that survivor, pls do when you can <3
Old 07-07-2023, 05:29 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
How many times did Pacey pick up/carry Joey?

Boathouse make out -lifting her onto the counter.
Carrying drunk Joey 2 times in 4X04 - Future Tense
Twirling in the school hallway
Carrying drunk Joey in Clean and Sober
Twirling in series finale

Any more?
Dang, I always thought it was more than that lol. I still wouldn't mind doing it if people don't mind a short Survivor lol. I agree it was Pacey's insecurity talking in that scene, but I do think Joey should of fought against Pacey's suggestion about Dawson's jackass behavior at the boat race making her love him more. They were just writing Joey so weak and spineless in those last S3 episodes (Which still makes me want to vomit to this day. They took away her voice and had her act like Dawson's property. That's so sexist and chauvinistic to me) They did show how pissed off she was right after it happened, so I think that showed how she really felt about it. Dawson has always been a toxic and very insecure person, so of course him trying to prove his lack of masculinity would come out toxic too.

As for the Survivor, yeah now people are just loudly complaining that P/J are still in it after literally ALWAYS coming after them the whole Survivor and really the last few rounds. Everyone is apparently so boring, they only vote for P/J. I wouldn't mind voting for Peter/Olivia either (Since one of them keeps whining about there being two JJ pairings. Funny they never go for that though) but the votes are never there. Shawn/Angela is my other couple left besides Pacey/Joey that I nominated, so I can't vote for them *sad* If they get voted out, I'm glad they made it to sixth place though.
Old 07-07-2023, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

I'll love all survivors we do, the order doesn't matter too much to me, really. So whatever you wanna do, ChristinaL80, is fine.

And that's why I'm saying I think the writers wanted it to come off as romantic or like Joey thought it was romantic, *because* they didn't have her fight against that assertion by Pacey. Not only because it's misogynistic because they're trying to make her all subservient and all meek about Dawson, but because they wanted to make it seem like it was a really hard choice she was making between them romantically. They wanted it to be a true love triangle and the way to do that? Make her somehow possibly "love him more" after the way he behaved, which is ridiculous, but of course the writers would capitalize on that to make it seem even more confusing of who she could possibly choose.

Yeah, it is annoying how loudly they're complaining about it, and just because they think the rest of the couples are boring, doesn't mean they are or that they are to the rest of us. It's just annoying.

Idk, they're literally tied right now, so Pacey/Joey might get voted out this round? Just saying *shrug*
Closed Thread   Post New Thread