Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2015, 06:47 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Maybe Jen just knew, just like when she knew Pacey and Joey were falling for each other in Four to Tango before everyone else.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think Jen's scenes with Joey were before her scenes with Pacey in the series finale
thanks

Quote:
regardles of how Jen found out, I think she knew (she may have just guessed...maybe based off Joeys scared reaction when Dawson came in, or her knowledge of the three people involved and Joey's relationship with them) beccause why else would she have spoken to pacey about Joey the way she did when they last talked before his death?
good point. I think her asking Pacey if he was going to steal or borrow Joey could have implied Jen knew Joey wanted to be with Pacey

Quote:
Maybe Jen just knew, just like when she knew Pacey and Joey were falling for each other in Four to Tango before everyone else.
good point

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 10-16-2015, 12:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I don't know if Jen knew for certain that Joey was talking about Pacey. Pacey told Jen that having Joey around made him feel more alive and Jen said that was an inside job. The writers just wanted to keep the viewers guessing on Joey's choice until the end. In my mind, though, Jen knew.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

For some reason I always felt that Jen knew deep down. She seemed to have that intuition.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

I will have to have a re-watch to check out all the hints at their relationship.

In the commentary of the last episode KW actually said it wasn't til the last minute that he decided to put P/Jo together at the end. He was going to go down the D/Jo path but changed his mind at the last minute. In my opinion he made the right choice as if he had gone for D/Jo one of them would have had to give up their career as you couldn't have a relationship with one working in NYC and one working in LA.

Joey had worked far to hard to give up her burgeoning career and so had Dawson.

By the way Josh looks great in the behind the scenes pics of him directing.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
In the commentary of the last episode KW actually said it wasn't til the last minute that he decided to put P/Jo together at the end. He was going to go down the D/Jo path but changed his mind at the last minute. In my opinion he made the right choice as if he had gone for D/Jo one of them would have had to give up their career as you couldn't have a relationship with one working in NYC and one working in LA.
He said he couldn't see DJ living day to day together. He said he couldn't sleep at night. He said when he saw Pacey hugging Joey, it was like they had been together their whole lives. I think he just went in with a biased opinion, but realized he was wrong. He said the second hour was written with a PJ ending in mind. I don't see what their career choice had to do with anything. RC could have found a way to write that if that is what he believed.

Quote:
I don't know if Jen knew for certain that Joey was talking about Pacey. Pacey told Jen that having Joey around made him feel more alive and Jen said that was an inside job. The writers just wanted to keep the viewers guessing on Joey's choice until the end. In my mind, though, Jen knew.
agree. For her to bring it up showed she knew there was still something there between them. Maybe, she was trying to get the ball rolling

Old 10-16-2015, 07:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
He said he couldn't see DJ living day to day together. He said he couldn't sleep at night. He said when he saw Pacey hugging Joey, it was like they had been together their whole lives. I think he just went in with a biased opinion, but realized he was wrong. He said the second hour was written with a PJ ending in mind. I don't see what their career choice had to do with anything. RC could have found a way to write that if that is what he believed.
I agree,I know they said that the PJ ending was last minute. I just don't think they meant literally last minute. The second hour was with PJ in mind.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree,I know they said that the PJ ending was last minute. I just don't think they meant literally last minute. The second hour was with PJ in mind.
thanks

Pop is playing season 3 right now. I recorded them. Jen was really trying to be there for Pacey and Joey. She made Joey realize she wouldn't have overreacted to Pacey kissing her if it meant nothing. The scene with PJ in the store was really good. Even though they said they were going to be go back to just friends, it was so obvious they didn't mean it. I am so happy they kept the song "Go Be Young" A lot of the songs changed I noticed

Old 10-16-2015, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am glad they changed the ending, it just wouldn't have seemed right without them being together.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:53 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I'm glad they changed it too (and I thought they would be predictable and have Dawson/Joey end up together *gags*) I can't see Dawson and Joey being a couple in everyday life. They act like children and siblings, that's one of the many reasons they didn't work out. Pacey and Joey just easily fit like puzzle pieces no matter how much time passed. Dawson didn't make Joey feel ALIVE and full of PASSION like Pacey did. As for the end of Neverland, yeah it's obvious they didn't mean it when they said thier back to being friends. That front didn't last long when they had all that tension in SK. Pacey wasn't even trying to hide that he was aching to be with Joey in that episode, with all the awkwardness and stares. What makes it even cuter is when he admits that he hates how wierd and awkward it is but he went there cause he wanted to be near her. In general I LOVE when couples have moments that are full of sexual tension. Sometimes I like it a little more then when they actually get together, one of the many reasons SK is one of my favorite DC episodes.
Old 10-17-2015, 05:12 AM
Elite Fan

I really liked those episodes even though there was little PJ interaction because the episodes revolved around them. Joey's scenes with Morgan and AJ had a similar vibe to PJ. Morgan even says don't let the friendly banter fool you, we hate each other. She mentions how Ralph Lauren isn't AJ which reminds me of Pacey saying the earrings weren't Joey later on. When Joey is talking about how Morgan encourages AJ was about PJ. She calls Pacey later when she could have called anyone to get her. Pacey and Buzz were hilarious together. Jen said things had been shifting between Joey and Pacey when Joey thought she knew about the kiss, but she didn't know about the kiss until later. Jen knew something was up in Four to Tango. I liked seeing the girls hang out. I liked Joey's reaction when Andie is talking about how Pacey use to give her the look. Joey told Bessie earlier that Pacey gave her the look

I recorded Stolen Kisses and plan on watch it later

Last edited by hshapir2; 10-17-2015 at 05:17 AM
Old 10-17-2015, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I'm glad they changed it too (and I thought they would be predictable and have Dawson/Joey end up together *gags*) I can't see Dawson and Joey being a couple in everyday life. They act like children and siblings, that's one of the many reasons they didn't work out. Pacey and Joey just easily fit like puzzle pieces no matter how much time passed. Dawson didn't make Joey feel ALIVE and full of PASSION like Pacey did. As for the end of Neverland, yeah it's obvious they didn't mean it when they said thier back to being friends. That front didn't last long when they had all that tension in SK. Pacey wasn't even trying to hide that he was aching to be with Joey in that episode, with all the awkwardness and stares. What makes it even cuter is when he admits that he hates how wierd and awkward it is but he went there cause he wanted to be near her. In general I LOVE when couples have moments that are full of sexual tension. Sometimes I like it a little more then when they actually get together, one of the many reasons SK is one of my favorite DC episodes.
I totally agree that Dawson and Joey were more like siblings. At first I was routing for them until Joey broke up with Dawson the first time. Then I started looking at them as more family than two people that would be in a romantic relationship. I never really felt the on screen chemistry between the two, whereas the on screen chemistry between Josh and Katie was undeniable.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 10-17-2015, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I totally agree that Dawson and Joey were more like siblings. At first I was routing for them until Joey broke up with Dawson the first time. Then I started looking at them as more family than two people that would be in a romantic relationship. I never really felt the on screen chemistry between the two, whereas the on screen chemistry between Josh and Katie was undeniable.
I felt like after season 2 that when DJ were played as romantic that it didn't feel like they put much into it. I felt like even if the writers were mocking them. I remember Dawson spends a weekend with Joey and she doesn't know how to relate to him and a part of her was relieved when he left. Joey spent three months with Pacey on a boat and was glowing when she got back. In season 3, she runs off with Pacey with no money or clothes because she has to be with him or she'll never know as she tells Dawson. In season 5, Joey refuses to even spend a few days in LA with Dawson and had nothing stopping her

Old 10-17-2015, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I felt that Joey just let her guard down more with Pacey and just seemed to be glowing with happiness with him.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I felt that Joey just let her guard down more with Pacey and just seemed to be glowing with happiness with him.
agree. I just watched Stolen Kisses. Some underrated moments which I really liked was when Aunt Gwen asks why Joey and Dawson aren't together and she mentions he asked Pacey to watch her which should have been a red flag that Joey was into Pacey, but Dawson was oblivious. When Joey and Dawson are talking, he says they make sense and she's like things change and drop away like that was her way of saying she doesn't feel the same about him anymore. After Pacey says he can't kiss her anymore, she is crying. I noticed they edited out Andie sing "Ooh Child". If they were going to get rid of something, I guess I am glad it was that and not PJ stuff

Closed Thread   Post New Thread