Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
when it was a hypothetical question about Pacey and Jen, Joey wasn't taking it seriously or acting kind of nonchalant, but when she actually sees them together, she wasn't happy about it at all.
RIGHT! Also, when they're studying, Pacey mentions that Tamara and Andie trained him to equate studying with sex. Joey's face kinda says it all. As soon as Pacey mentions sex, her eyes widened and she looks around, speechless. She really thought Pacey was talking about sex with her for a second. She even mentioned to him, that it was the worse pick up line she's ever heard. He told her, he wasn't hitting on her, then brought up the casual sex talk, but I too, don't think Joey took him serious, because she mentioned that if he wanted to be having casual sex, that he would be. It wasn't until she saw Pacey kissing Jen, that she realized, he actually wasn't hitting on her, but that he was also serious about the casual sex pact and it seriously caught Joey off guard. That's when her jealousy took over and she lashed out at them, because it hurt her seeing them together, knowing that they were possibly having sex. She didn't like it at all.

However, I really believe Pacey's feelings for Joey, is what really kept him from sleeping with Jen. We're talking about a sexually active teenage boy, who had chance, after chance to sleep with a girl, with no strings attached, but it never happened between them. I think it's because he had already developed feelings for Joey, before he and Jen actually made their pact. He might have had casual sex with Jen on his mind, but it was very clear from the beginning that his heart was with someone else, because when it came down to it, Pacey could never go through with it. It never felt right, because his heart was with Joey all along.

That PJ video is gorgeous. Brought me to tears.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
Old 06-25-2012, 09:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***BLONDIE*** (View Post)
RIGHT! Also, when they're studying, Pacey mentions that Tamara and Andie trained him to equate studying with sex. Joey's face kinda says it all. As soon as Pacey mentions sex, her eyes widened and she looks around, speechless. She really thought Pacey was talking about sex with her for a second. She even mentioned to him, that it was the worse pick up line she's ever heard. He told her, he wasn't hitting on her, then brought up the casual sex talk, but I too, don't think Joey took him serious, because she mentioned that if he wanted to be having casual sex, that he would be. It wasn't until she saw Pacey kissing Jen, that she realized, he actually wasn't hitting on her, but that he was also serious about the casual sex pact and it seriously caught Joey off guard. That's when her jealousy took over and she lashed out at them, because it hurt her seeing them together, knowing that they were possibly having sex. She didn't like it at all.

However, I really believe Pacey's feelings for Joey, is what really kept him from sleeping with Jen. We're talking about a sexually active teenage boy, who had chance, after chance to sleep with a girl, with no strings attached, but it never happened between them. I think it's because he had already developed feelings for Joey, before he and Jen actually made their pact. He might have had casual sex with Jen on his mind, but it was very clear from the beginning that his heart was with someone else, because when it came down to it, Pacey could never go through with it. It never felt right, because his heart was with Joey all along.

That PJ video is gorgeous. Brought me to tears.
You really think Joey was the reason he never went all the way with Jen?
Old 06-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
You really think Joey was the reason he never went all the way with Jen?
Yes! I think Pacey always had a soft spot for Joey. Even back when they were disgusted by each other during season one. The way Pacey looked after Joey at that party and knocked that guy out and even when they were paired for the snail assignment and Pacey tried to kiss her, you could see a connection then. I know nothing ever happened then, but It just wasn't their time. Even Before Pacey and Jen made their pact, Pacey and Joey's friendship was already blossoming. He might not have admitted it to himself at that point, but I think along the way he started developing feelings for Joey early on. You could see a spark, even at the beginning of season 3, when he and Joey skipped school and he showed her his boat. The only person who had seen it at that point. He even showed her the 'True Love' sign. The name of his girl. I know he never said it out loud that it was in deed Joey, but I think it's safe to assume, it was her.

So yes, I think Pacey never could go through with his pact with Jen, because deep down, his heart belonged to someone else and no matter how much he tried to deny it, at the end of the day, sleeping with Jen, just didn't feel right to him, because he had already fallen for Joey at that point.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
Old 06-26-2012, 12:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Yes! I think Pacey always had a soft spot for Joey. Even back when they were disgusted by each other during season one. The way Pacey looked after Joey at that party and knocked that guy out and even when they were paired for the snail assignment and Pacey tried to kiss her, you could see a connection then. I know nothing ever happened then, but It just wasn't their time. Even Before Pacey and Jen made their pact, Pacey and Joey's friendship was already blossoming. He might not have admitted it to himself at that point, but I think along the way he started developing feelings for Joey early on. You could see a spark, even at the beginning of season 3, when he and Joey skipped school and he showed her his boat. The only person who had seen it at that point. He even showed her the 'True Love' sign. The name of his girl. I know he never said it out loud that it was in deed Joey, but I think it's safe to assume, it was her.

So yes, I think Pacey never could go through with his pact with Jen, because deep down, his heart belonged to someone else and no matter how much he tried to deny it, at the end of the day, sleeping with Jen, just didn't feel right to him, because he had already fallen for Joey at that point.
I remember that smile he gave her when he helped her climb "true love" when it was first introduced, it had such spark. They were always small hints that Pacey cared about Joey, even hints that Joey cared about Pacey, it always made me laugh that they all claimed to think that joey and pacey hated each other. she claimed to hate his driving yet she got in the car with him willingly alone or more than one occasion.

Season 1 joey would of not cared for Pacey being with another girl but Season 3 Joey, suddenly she was really upset over Pacey and Jen kissing. she only got snippy over jen trying to get with someone she wanted.. lo
Old 06-26-2012, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I remember that. He was making her nervous like he was affecting her. In the past, she would hav acted disgusted if he would have been talking to her like that. I remember her saying that if he was really going to do it, he would be with that girl. When she sees them together, it sets her off because she is jealous

Quote:
Jen and Pacey said they weren't attracted to each other or didn't feel anything for each other. I don't remember. They seemed atleast attracted. If they were able to makeout like that, they had to have some attraction. They could be attracted without feelings. I think because Pacey had such strong feelings for Joey, it could have played a part. Pacey had atleast two girls hit on him when he was dating Joey and he turned them both down. It's refreshing because almost everyone nowadays is a cheater on tv

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 06-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

^^^ There was never cheating and never sleeping with other people to get back at each other. They also didn't run back and forth every five minutes. They waited til they got to a good place before trying to pursue a relationship with each other again and in the end, True Love prevailed.

Some couples I see on TV literally say their ILY's after two dates, cheat, use each other, really abuse each other feelings, then get back together like it was no big deal. Pacey and Joey were never like that. EVER! They took the time to fall in love with each other completely and never fell out of love. Pacey and Joey's relationship is very rare. You don't see that kind of love very often with TV couples. It's refreshing.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:36 PM
Addicted Fan

You know Pacey and Joey wanted to have sex again in his office lol
Old 06-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

^^^ Of course.

This is the moment that literally made me jump up and down in my living room.

PJ had so many moments leading up to this one, that teased us, that something was possibly gonna happen between them, but it wasn't til this episode, that it was made clear. The moment he covered her with the blanket, I seriously melted into a puddle of goo. Then, when it showed him watching her by the fire, you instantly think of what Grams said, right before. "You know you love someone when you can spend the entire night just sitting by the fire, watching them sleep." That was it. No more teasing, no more dancing around the subject, it was finally spelled out for us crystal clear, Pacey was in fact, head over heels in love with Joey and he wasn't denying it anymore.

One of the best moments for me personally. I just remember thinking OMG, this is really happening, Pacey's in love with Joey.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Pacey loved Joey SO much, I loved how he loved Joey, it was so deep and intense, he wanted joey's happiness, period.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
She was definitely jealous of seeing Pacey and Jen kissing. When she came back for her coat, she was looking around to see if Pacey and Jen was there. Instead of leaving when she saw Pacey, she goes up to him. She takes his hand at the end which goes back to the conversation with Dawson about wanting to hold someone's hand at the end of the day

when it was a hypothetical question about Pacey and Jen, Joey wasn't taking it seriously or acting kind of nonchalant, but when she actually sees them together, she wasn't happy about it at all. Jen called her out on it when talking to Pacey like there's no logical reason for Joey to act like that if she didn't have feelings for Pacey. Joey didn't care when she found out Pacey was sleeping with Tamara. It wasn't like Jen and Pacey were cheating on anyone or illegal, so there was no logical reason to act like that
I agree.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

thanks logan

great scene Blondie. I love when Mitch asks him why he cares so much

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 06-28-2012, 02:40 AM
Master Fan

Hi everyone! Loving all the PJ talk!

Quote:
PJ had so many moments leading up to this one, that teased us, that something was possibly gonna happen between them, but it wasn't til this episode, that it was made clear. The moment he covered her with the blanket, I seriously melted into a puddle of goo. Then, when it showed him watching her by the fire, you instantly think of what Grams said, right before. "You know you love someone when you can spend the entire night just sitting by the fire, watching them sleep." That was it. No more teasing, no more dancing around the subject, it was finally spelled out for us crystal clear, Pacey was in fact, head over heels in love with Joey and he wasn't denying it anymore.

One of the best moments for me personally. I just remember thinking OMG, this is really happening, Pacey's in love with Joey.
I could not agree more! It's definately one of my favourite moments too Pacey was just glowing with love for her, it was so pure and sincere and innocent
Old 06-28-2012, 04:39 AM
New Fan

Probably in my top 5 ships of all time. That is all.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:02 AM
Master Fan

^ Same here!

Welcome here! I'm Anka Would you like to be added? Are you new to the board? If so, if you wanna introduce yourself, you can do it here
Old 06-28-2012, 11:37 AM
Master Fan

Yes they easily jumped into my top 3 all time after recently discovering them. Please add me to the list.