Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2005, 10:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Joey's character changed waaaaaaay to much for me liking.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i think joey has her moments, sometimes you think how is she the main character of this show. but i like her for the most part.
rearview mirror — it’s in the past, it’s behind her. He’s still running.
He’s in the same running outfit he wore in the pilot.”
Old 08-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicofNight07
Yay! Glad there is a thread for this. I may be a Pacey/Joey shipper (I'm a Pacey whore.) I CAN'T stand Joey though. I don't know something about her irritates me to no end.
i'm the same way except with DJ...i shipped them but not b/c of Joey.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 08-24-2005, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

I hate Joey because SHE wrecked the friendship of Dawson and Pacey..............she may have repaired it in the end after years, but without her, it never would have happened. Frankly both Dawson and Pacey deserved better than her (and I am a huge D/J'er, but not for Joey!)
Old 08-24-2005, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, I know that should never have happened!
Old 08-24-2005, 05:06 PM
Elite Fan

i hate how Dawson gets villianized for that...Pacey wanted to tell Dawson, but Joey wouldn't let him.

BAD BAD Joey.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 08-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, I know, Joey was just...she ended up hurting him way more than anything.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hated how the writers completely changed Joey from a girl we could alll relate to... to a girl we eventually couldnt stand.... I mean its unbelievable. I hated how she indecisive all through the seaons especially with Dawson and pacey.... she was always indecisive when it came to both of them...... "Oh i want you.... no I dont want you........ blah, blah.....I stopped rooting for her after season 4........ I mean then during the nightmare called season 5... she didnt even remotely apprecite the way she got to college its like she forgot how she go there in the first place..... and she was bitch towards audrey when audrey was having a drinking problem because ms joey potter was to self absorbed with her current boy toy to tend to someone else's needs for once...... selfish little twit...

sorry there was alot bad stuff that made me hate joey.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

^ no need to apologize thats what this thread is for!

i toally agree, they both deserved better than ms. potter

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 08-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep, she should have never ruined their friendship.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by How ya diddlin
Great idea! I love Joey, but there are parts I dislike. BTW, Britney, you've spelt 'stupid' 'stupied' in the thread title.
I fixed the title. This is definitely the topic for me, because I've pretty much disliked Joey from Season Two on, and I hated the way that Dawson's Creek focused on her character more and more over the years. It really made my stomach turn to see so many of the characters bend over backwards to tell Joey how wonderful she was, because I felt that Joey Potter was one of the most self-absorbed and whiny characters ever presented on a television show.

If you objectively compare the Joey Potter of Season One to the Joey Potter of Seasons Two and beyond, the differences are quite astounding, and very disheartening. In Season One, Joey Potter was introduced to us as a young woman who, beneath her tough and seemingly cynical exterior, hid an endearing vulnerability that instantly made her the main focus of the show, and the character that everyone grew to love and root for. From that season on, however, in my humble opinion, Joey became “the heartbreak kid,” and I sometimes shook my head over how selfish she became, and how heedless she was of the feelings of other people, especially the people who cared about her the most, like her sister Bessie, and her best friend Dawson. I even thought she treated Pacey badly, who turned out to be the love of her life. I feel that Joey, throughout her entire relationship with Pacey the first time around, had no real sympathy for the difficult time that Pacey was going through, as she focused only on herself, and she seemed completely oblivious to Pacey’s struggles. Two episodes that really brought that point home for me were “Future Tense,” where Joey basically whined through the whole episode for “only” being fourth in her class, while Pacey was having to struggle with having to take extra courses just to be able to graduate, and “Admissions,” where she lashed out harshly at Pacey, who was still struggling to graduate, and who hadn’t been accepted into any college, and who, despite that, offered her his complete and loving support, simply because she didn’t get a full scholarship to her “dream college.” We saw Joey give lip service to helping Pacey in episodes like “Failing Down,” and “The Te Of Pacey,” but all she basically did was sweep any of Pacey’s honest concerns about their future together under the carpet, and she never had the ability, or the understanding of what Pacey needed, to inspire and challenge Pacey to succeed like Andie did. I also was incensed by the way that Joey led Pacey on in Season Six, only to dump him in a very hurtful way when Eddie returned, so I’ll never understand why both Dawson and Pacey continued to worship the ground she walked on, along with all of the other characters, like her roommate Audrey, who told her that “Because... you're beautiful and you don't know it. Because you're smart and you don't believe it. You're the kind of girl that guys never get over. Joey, you're the kind of girl that other girls get compared to.”

I think that Dawson’s Creek was basically ruined when it became “Joey’s Creek,” and I’ll never understand why so many people liked her character so much, because as time went on, I found it impossible to like her character.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-26-2005, 06:58 AM
Elite Fan

^ exactly, couldn't say it better myself.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 08-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

^ Well, except for the part about Pacey being the love of her life, but other then that, agreed.

Thanks for fixing the title Jerry.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:16 PM
Elite Fan

^ lol i just took it as a sarcastic "love of her life" hehe.

maybe thats the DJer in me.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread