Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2005, 01:46 AM
Master Fan

One of the biggest things I hated it how many years it took for her to make a real choice between Dawson and Pacey. And how she wined alot.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:59 AM
Loyal Fan

This thread is wonderful, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the decline in the character - though I guess it would take a lot to NOT notice. I absolutely loved Joey in Season 1, she was my favorite, she was probably a big reason why I became addicted. I loved her snark, her sarcasm, her wit ... how she was able to stand up for herself; like in the breakfast club/detention episode how she decked that guy with her lunch tray because he was givng her a hard time.

Then by the time she was in college she was this insecure little people pleaser who had completely lost her spine.

I always thought that maybe because my DC watching habits were choppy (due to not having the show/channel for a year - season 2) that maybe I had just missed some important character development that explained the major shift - but I think I've seen enough of them now and it still doesn't make sense.

Glad I'm not alone

we both go together if one falls down
talk out loud like you're still around

© JESS | tm | tw | lj
Old 07-01-2005, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer ~*Justified1/2*~
One of the biggest things I hated it how many years it took for her to make a real choice between Dawson and Pacey. And how she wined alot.
I agree.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi
I never did like Joey. She always annoyed me. I don't like her with anyone on the show. I think the main reason for that has already been stated here: the Hepburn references, etc. I don't know where they got that everyone who they came in contact with fell in love with her. She is nothing special. I never got that. Why was everyone in love with her? I think Jen was much more real and pretty. At the same time I don't think everyone should have fallen in love with her (obviously not saying they did). I totally agree with the "Joey's Creek" idea. I thought the same thing. Maybe it should've been renamed. She is the one that was in every episode from the beginning to the end. I didn't like the way the story turned into her point of view. That sucked. I almost quit watching, but couldn't turn it off. I had to watch for those moments with the others. I thought I was watching a show about the things teenagers go through as they grow up, but it turned into "what is Joey going to do this week? How is she feeling today? Who is she going to pick? Who is going to declare their love for her this episode?, etc." I hated it. I do love the show though. I guess if shows hope to hold on for awhile they have to do what they have to do. Meaning I guess their research turned up Joey as the favorite so they wrote everything around her to keep viewers. I don't know. It seems that my protest wasn't loud enough. Too bad. A side note that may not belong here, but, I didn't like her ending up with Pacey in the end. I do believe he really loved her and would hate to see him hurt yet again, but WHY HER? Sorry, I'm too passionate about a tv show. Of course you all wouldn't be on here if you weren't passionate so I guess it's okay.

I agree with everything Brandi. Also with Jennifer and falling is like thi
Old 07-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

Yay! Glad there is a thread for this. I may be a Pacey/Joey shipper (I'm a Pacey whore.) I CAN'T stand Joey though. I don't know something about her irritates me to no end.

ICON CREDIT // TUMBLR
Old 07-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling is like this
This thread is wonderful, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the decline in the character - though I guess it would take a lot to NOT notice. I absolutely loved Joey in Season 1, she was my favorite, she was probably a big reason why I became addicted. I loved her snark, her sarcasm, her wit ... how she was able to stand up for herself; like in the breakfast club/detention episode how she decked that guy with her lunch tray because he was givng her a hard time.

Then by the time she was in college she was this insecure little people pleaser who had completely lost her spine.

Glad I'm not alone
I thought she lost her spine pretty early on, and everything she did was dictated by Dawson in one way or another. Even choosing Pacey in TL, it was only with Dawson's "permission." Then S4 and the college money. I stopped watching around the prom horror, and have only seen a bit of her in college (in syndication) and never saw any improvement.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Banned

Joey was a great character but the ONE thing I hated about Joey which made me hate her is the fact that SHE got all the credit when it came to Pacey and Dawson's lives. Not so much Dawson but Pacey, my god! He would say stuff like, "You and I are the one thing, perhaps the only thing that made complete and utter sense in my life." He is acting like Joey was the only person in his life and basically written off Andie and Audrey.

My point I am getting at is that Joey shouldn't have gotten all the credit for all the good things in Pacey and Dawson's life.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:55 PM
Addicted Fan

Not to mention so many episodes and plot lines were OVERCROWDED with Joey, Joey, Joey Sometimes I wondered if they forgot the show wasn't called "Joey's Creek"
Melissa&Joey Emily&Aiden Logan&Veronica Mick&Beth Ross&Rachel
Old 07-02-2005, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Omg, IE "Downtown Crossing", the most contrived ep ever!
Old 07-30-2005, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

*hugs thread*

Yes, we have an anti-Joey thread! Amazing how she started as a great character and became such a selfish b*tch. Didn't help the fact that Dawson would do anything for her neither the fact that Pacey seemed to worship her. She certainly didn't deserve any of the guys, not even Drue.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:31 AM
Banned

I will never understand why Joey was always called feisty, she was a major bitch to mostly everyone who didn't bow down to her every whim.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana Luthor

*hugs thread*

Yes, we have an anti-Joey thread! Amazing how she started as a great character and became such a selfish b*tch. Didn't help the fact that Dawson would do anything for her neither the fact that Pacey seemed to worship her. She certainly didn't deserve any of the guys, not even Drue.
Thanks for reviving this, and I could not agree more, she didn't deserve anyone, in the end she always treated them like crap.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Banned

Another aspect about Joey I COULD NOT stand was the fact that she was SUPPOSED to be this underdog that everyone could relate to. She was a never underdog. An underdog to me is a person who, no matter how much they try, get burned in the end. Joey, to me, was never that person. First of all She got all A's and got into the college of her choice, she could draw, sing and have her poems published. Actually, to me, Joey got EVERYTHING handed to her. She never worked for anything! She gets all A's although we never see her pick up a book! She also gets handed men's love! She got her true love not to mention a job as a book editor. She was also handed money when she couldn't go to Worthington.
Also, she was also complaining about how unbeautiful she is. I don't BUY that one bit! I mean, she looked like a model for crying out loud. The only person I could SEE feeling bad about how they look is Jen. Jen was 5'4, blonde and according to Jen, looked like a duck. I don't think she looks bad but in this society being brunette and tall is IN! Look at all the magazine covers with tall women. Joey had nothing to be complaining about, especially her height.

Joey was never an underdog.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

^ I know what you mean. I actually related more to Jen then Joey most of the time. But it has more to do with Jen's background, as for my personality it's a mix between Jen and Joey.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshandChristinaCursed
Another aspect about Joey I COULD NOT stand was the fact that she was SUPPOSED to be this underdog that everyone could relate to. She was a never underdog. An underdog to me is a person who, no matter how much they try, get burned in the end. Joey, to me, was never that person. First of all She got all A's and got into the college of her choice, she could draw, sing and have her poems published. Actually, to me, Joey got EVERYTHING handed to her. She never worked for anything! She gets all A's although we never see her pick up a book! She also gets handed men's love! She got her true love not to mention a job as a book editor. She was also handed money when she couldn't go to Worthington.
Also, she was also complaining about how unbeautiful she is. I don't BUY that one bit! I mean, she looked like a model for crying out loud. The only person I could SEE feeling bad about how they look is Jen. Jen was 5'4, blonde and according to Jen, looked like a duck. I don't think she looks bad but in this society being brunette and tall is IN! Look at all the magazine covers with tall women. Joey had nothing to be complaining about, especially her height.

Joey was never an underdog.

Thank you, she and Pacey (sorry, but to me same thing), were NEVER underdogs to me...although, he was maybe at times, but Joey wasn;t for me.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread