Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2004, 06:48 PM
YBB
Part-Time Fan

its really difficult to pick my favorite season 3 episodes. i love most of season 3 but if i had to pick it would be:

home movies
four to tango
valentines day massacre
a weekend in the country
cinderella story
neverland
and true love.

im one of the very few who didn't like the longest day at all. i mean the grope fest was excellent but the episode as a whole wasn't good to me at all. good luck in finding all the episodes you want to download, hopefully tptb won't take to long in releasing the season 3 dvd.

on a final note season 6 begins tomorrow. can't wait for the p/j love in 614. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2004, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

season 5 is officially over on TBS. As much as I hate Swan Song, it doesn't bother me that much anymore. Really, what was it about. Joey being stuck in the past with Dawson and Pacey being the most grown up. Joey being "scared" to grow up. She spent the entire year "running" from Pacey. You don't spend a year long with relationship with someone you were so in love with, that you had to run a way with them and then have those feelings disappear so fast. Not acknowledging a relationship is totally running from it. Come on. There was never closure. For their to be closure, it would have to be something more than talking to someone on a boat and making jokes. I have seen closure, that was not it. I don't even really believe in tv closure. Whether intentional or not, it totally comes together in the end. Joey had no problem running off with Pacey for three months. All Dawson gets is a stupid kiss at the airport and she still won't go with him. I've always loved too. I love chocolate in the past, present, and definitely future, but I am not in love with it. Like she told Pacey in 402, Dawson could never inspire me to run away with him. Like she told Pacey in season 4, her and Dawson are stuck at fifteen. Joey's always believed in Pacey, even in season 1. I think 602 is the final coffin for Dawson and Joey. Joey finally realizes that the Dawson fantasy is no more. He didn't live up to the reality. I like how she finally stands up to him and tells him that he has put limitations on her for years.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 01-20-2004, 11:07 PM
YBB
Part-Time Fan

i liked swang song for the p/j scene and also the jen and jack scene. now that i think of it there isn't many jack and jen scenes i don't like. they helped make the show interesting even when it was bad.

its strange how joey won't go to los angeles with dawson when nothing was preventing her from not going and then spends the entire summer not talking to him at all. but your right, it all ties together in the end. and what an ending huh! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Elite Fan

YBB, I also love Jack and Jen. They are my second favorite almost couple on DC. They had better chemistry than most of the couples. To be honest, I don't really like the Joey and Pacey scenes in Swan Song. Sure, the dialogue between them was sweet and acknowledged that they were a couple, but what happens later ruins that for me. Oh well, we all know Joey was running from Pacey anyway, so I will let it slide. That's why she had to get him to leave because she knew they would be working at the same place all summer. Then, they might had to actually talk about things and Joey wants to run a way from her issues with Pacey because when she sees him on the boat, she only wants to remember the good times. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

In terms of running from Pacey, well I have heard many different opinions on this. Here are mine. Obviously, at the end of season 3, she was running from Pacey when she told him that she was denying her feelings. Yes, she ran to him on the boat, but even when she came back, she still was emotionally running. The lie and her feeling guilty about Dawson, season 5 was totally emotionally running. Not talking about your relationship and acting like nothing bothers you. Season 6, Joey was running from Pacey again when she ran back to Eddie because he was a fantasy relationship

In terms of Dawson, Joey ran from him in season 2, but season 3 she fell in love with Pacey. She didn't want Dawson. She was crying her eyes out when she thought Pacey was going to leave her all summer. As she said, her and Dawson were keeping each other from growing up, but Pacey was all about moving forward. Season 4, she ran back to him after Pacey left. She didn't run from him in season 5 because he hooked up with Jen, and not going to L.A because she didn't want to. She said they were stopping each other from growing up. That is not love. In season 6, well what Dawson did may not seem like a big thing, but it's not even what he did. It was how he manipulated Joey into it being her fault. He never accepts responsibility for anything.

Old 01-21-2004, 11:00 AM
YBB
Part-Time Fan

countdown till the p/j love in season 6.

i really like episode 602, points out all the reasons dawson and joey are wrong for eachother. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 11:39 AM
Elite Fan

I caught the last fifteen minutes today and Pacey's face says it all?

Old 01-21-2004, 12:05 PM
YBB
Part-Time Fan

that look does say it all. he seemed really hurt by this which really conflicts with him saying later on at hells kitchen that he is all for them getting their shot.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:20 PM
Elite Fan

YBB, why do you think Pacey said he was for them all getting their shot. Because he wanted the final nail in the coffin. If Dawson and Joey had never slept together, there would be a what if question for the rest of their lives. You know it and I know it. Let it be over once and for all. Pacey also called them structually unsound. It all goes back to 504. Pacey didn't mean it then, nor did he mean it in this episode.

Old 01-21-2004, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah i agree, i mean granted i like both couples, but as many times dawson and joey had their chance, their relationship wasnt healthy at all for both of them...
Old 01-21-2004, 10:13 PM
YBB
Part-Time Fan

"structually unsound" pretty much sums up d/j in the romance department. This was obvious to me even in season 1.

603&604 continue tomorrow, the anticipation for p/j love continues. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2004, 06:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by hshapir2:
<STRONG>I caught the last fifteen minutes today and Pacey's face says it all?
</STRONG>
That's the only scene I can watch during the episode. Well, that and the D/J fall-out. I felt bad for Pacey, and then when Audrey was yanking him out of the dorm and he said "Happy birthday, Jo"

It's like infinite – it's kinda how I feel about us.
Jake&Peyton. Brooke&Lucas. Bright&Hannah.
Joan&Adam. Ephram&Amy. Clark&Chloe.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

yeah you can see that [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Rory and Jess
Cordy/Angel
Wes/Fred
W/T and C/C
Old 01-22-2004, 10:31 AM
YBB
Part-Time Fan

one of the things i will never understand is why the tptb hired oliver hudson to play joey's love interest. he just annoys me everytime i see him. i was worried before the series finale aired on tv that they might actually chose that character for her to be with in the end. thank goodness they had him leave again for good. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2004, 03:55 PM
MST Manager

Jenn- I loved your latest videos. Like I always tell you, you pick the best songs! I have yet to get Brand New's album, though. Shocker, right? Hee.

Janelle- I "friended" you and added you to my list, babe. *muah*
Old 01-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Nik~ I saw that you added me, thank you for that! ::muah::
Denise~ You're welcome for the info on season 3 P/J eps. I am not sure of where they are available online, I personally taped all of mine from TBS when they aired this past spring.

Hmm I haven't had a P/J fix in awhile, I really might have to take some time to watch some eps this weekend. Plus it will get me in the mood to work on my fic which I am excited about because now I know what I want to do in the next update!

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Janelle