View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 12:18 PM
sunnykerr
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by placebobsh (View Post)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
Rowdy Roddy Piper does not ring a bell for me, but it sounds very close to the name of the guy who used to do the "Come on down" stuff on The Price is Right, no?

The truth is, much as I don't think very much of Justin Bieber (by which I mean that he literally occupies zero percent of my time), the "real" charges here aren't very much.

The drag racing has apparently been debunked, so we're left with being drunk, possibly being high, and certainly assaulting a limo driver.

These are all honest charges and I don't mean to minimize them.

I'm just saying no one's been seriously hurt yet.

Which means this could just be the little twerp's attempt at getting himself an "adult" image. You know, Miley twerks, Justin... becomes a low-life.

Wasn't the price is right announcer's name johnny or something? I haven't seen that show in so long (though my mom was on two episodes...just in the audience, she didn't get called).

I think a new title to this thread could be, "Celebrities: Love em, Hate em, Talk All About em"
As it turns out, his name was Robert Ray "Rod" Roddy.

So I wasn't that far off.

I went with a quote from Confucius for the title. Hope everyone likes it.

We can always change it, of course. But I really like that quote.

To me, it speaks about how subjective entertainment is.

For instance, nothing bores me more than celebrity gossip. But others love that.

On that note:

Quote:
White House preparing response to petition calling for Bieber's deportation

The White House is preparing its response to a petition calling for the deportation of Canadian pop star Justin Bieber.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Friday that a response to the online petition is on its way.

The petition, created on Jan. 23 on the White House's "We The People" website, calls on U.S. authorities to deport Bieber and revoke his green card. It claims that Bieber is endangering public safety and calls the star "dangerous, reckless, destructive and drug abusing."

Carney said Friday that on matters related to visas, it would be better to consult with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

As of Friday afternoon, the petition had collected over 200,000 signatures. The White House is required to issue a response to submitted petitions that reach over 100,000 signatures.

The petition was created shortly after Bieber was arrested in Miami last week for allegedly drag racing and driving under the influence. Bieber has pleaded not guilty to charges of driving under the influence, resisting police without violence and driving with an expired licence.

On Wednesday, Bieber was in Toronto to face charges in connection with an alleged altercation with a limo driver last December. In a statement issued after he left police headquarters, Bieber's lawyers said that the pop star is innocent.