View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Finnegan
Loyal Fan

Thank you!

YAfanatic,

Thank you very much for the lovely summer 2001 photos of Havre de Grace and Baltimore during the First YA Gathering. Sounds like a lot of fun. All kids? Or were there some adult fans there, too? (I ask because I'm in my late 50s, and fell in love with YA in my late 40s, when I watched it with my wife and kids.)

I particularly like the photo of the canoes with the Rawley crest stuck onto their bows. Those were at the Loch Raven Fishing Center, about 10 miles north of downtown Baltimore.

And Rawley Girls' is The Castle at Maryvale Prep School, also in the northern suburbs of Baltimore.

The marina where Hamilton tells Jake he loves her in episode 6 is the Middle Branch Marina, in Middle Branch Park, on the Patapsco River, about two miles south of downtown Baltimore. The bridge in the background during that scene is the Hanover Street Bridge, built c. 1915, across the middle branch of the Patapsco.

In return, permit me to refer you to this board's last "YA Pictures" thread, here, one which I posted more recent photos of many YA filming locations. For your particular amusement:

Pazza Luna, the restaurant where Jake and Hamilton dine (and Hamilton does his male chauvinist pig act) in episode 6.

The Tyrconnell Estate (Rawley Boys' exterior and grounds)

Tide Point, YA production HQ

"The Block" in downtown Havre de Grace at Christmas 2011

YAfanatic, I live in Washington, the next town down the road from all this. And there are still a lot of YA sites I haven't seen. All I've seen is Havre de Grace, nothing in Baltmore or its suburbs.

P.S.: Maybe I should take my wife to Bengie's drive-in ... Was it nice?

P.P.S.: Pazza Luna has changed hands since you dined there, but ... how was the food?

P.P.P.S: Reality can be almost as lovely as YA. Welcome to my little corner of Washington:

Last edited by Finnegan; 08-30-2012 at 02:48 PM