Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2018, 06:29 PM
Addicted Fan

I talked about that awhile ago. The Rose and Jane thing is a weird. Jane is the protagonist and Rose is the antagonist but they never interact. Rafael isn't even the title character and we know his feelings towards Rose. He brought up Rose kidnapping Mateo, killing his father many times. Jane, nothing. Rose kidnapped her son and shot her husband. But nothing. I'm not going to even care if Jane brings it up in the season finale because it's 100 years too late. I will definitely be able to watch tomorrow night's episode live.
Spoiler:

https://images.spoilertv.com/Jane%20..._275bc.jpg.php
Old 04-12-2018, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
I talked about that awhile ago. The Rose and Jane thing is a weird. Jane is the protagonist and Rose is the antagonist but they never interact. Rafael isn't even the title character and we know his feelings towards Rose. He brought up Rose kidnapping Mateo, killing his father many times. Jane, nothing. Rose kidnapped her son and shot her husband. But nothing. I'm not going to even care if Jane brings it up in the season finale because it's 100 years too late. I will definitely be able to watch tomorrow night's episode live.
Spoiler:

https://images.spoilertv.com/Jane%20..._275bc.jpg.php
Spoiler:

Yes, they've really kept the characters quite separate haven't they?
Wiill that change in the finale i wonder
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
Old 04-13-2018, 10:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy_Simba (View Post)
Exactly how I feel! It is not normal for a telenovela main character who is so involved in everything to not having any feelings toward the main villain of the show. It would've been easy to connect the two together and would've made Rose more relevant. I keep forgetting she exists. JTV writers have done a terrible job with the crime aspect of this show. The only person in the show who wants Rose to pay is Rafael. Jane's husband was technically murdered, shouldn't she want justice? She was mad at God because Michael was shot. Erm... how about be mad at the criminal who killed your cop husband?
Old 04-13-2018, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfangel5655 (View Post)
Exactly how I feel! It is not normal for a telenovela main character who is so involved in everything to not having any feelings toward the main villain of the show. It would've been easy to connect the two together and would've made Rose more relevant. I keep forgetting she exists. JTV writers have done a terrible job with the crime aspect of this show. The only person in the show who wants Rose to pay is Rafael. Jane's husband was technically murdered, shouldn't she want justice? She was mad at God because Michael was shot. Erm... how about be mad at the criminal who killed your cop husband?
I think part of it is Bridget Regan's schedule. They might be saving for a big Jane/Rose showdown towards the end of the series.

BTW, does anyone besides Luisa know that Susanna was Rose in disguise? Michael identified Susanna as his shooter.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
I think part of it is Bridget Regan's schedule. They might be saving for a big Jane/Rose showdown towards the end of the series.

BTW, does anyone besides Luisa know that Susanna was Rose in disguise? Michael identified Susanna as his shooter.
Nope. There's a small scene in the season premiere. But it's forgotten right after. Raf remembers Rose's favorite snack is powered donuts but the police doesn't go after the woman who shot their own. Michael doesn't even put it together. Dennis doesn't even mention anything about Rose killing Michael (Yes, she caused his death) when he tells Jane about the police department believing Michael was working with Rose or something like that. Nobody does. They didn't even do an investigation! "Suzanna" was forgotten by everyone.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)

This is always what I assumed.

I finally am all caught up on the show. Maybe I am spoiled, but the show has slowed down quite a bit for me. I wouldn't call it boring, but I am not as excited as I typically am for the show's past seasons (yes, even Season 2 and 3a).

Spoiler:
Old 04-13-2018, 02:34 PM
Passionate Fan

I don't remember the little details. Who do they think killed (shot) Michael?

Jorge and Alba would be the only wedding I would care about. No one else needs to marry, although I like Darci and Esteban. I think Darci is amazing and Esteban is clearly more mature than Rogelio.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:55 PM
Addicted Fan

I also said they're probably saving it for the series finale but I said it's a strange move by the writers. Now, about the wedding. I believe it is not Alba & Jorge. Because of what happened in the last episode and from the SF stills. It's either DE or PJ. The actress who plays Lina isn't guest starring next week, so Lina isn't getting married on JTV.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:09 PM
Passionate Fan

I forgot about that! I wonder if they will forget about Lina's wedding. I know not everything has to be shown but Jane's bff's wedding should be a big deal to Jane. So it should be shown.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love Lina and wish we had more of her.

As of tonight, I think I'm going to be 3 episodes behind. I'm off on Sunday. I'll try to catch up then.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Read great things about the episode on twitter

is he proposing??
Old 04-13-2018, 07:59 PM
Master Fan

Could that be the secret or are they dropping a red herring...? hmm

I'm looking forward to watching, waiting for the episode to show up!
Cath
Old 04-13-2018, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Probably a red herring, but we'll get that proposal eventually and this time she's going to say yes
Old 04-13-2018, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
Probably a red herring, but we'll get that proposal eventually and this time she's going to say yes
you icon makes me smile

i heard there's a bit of a time jump in the new episode
Cath
Old 04-13-2018, 11:08 PM
Addicted Fan

This was another meta heavy episode. J/R: Their plot was about them trying to get a place together. They manage to save the money, but then Mateo breaks a 4k item at the flea market and they have to pay for it, so there goes the money. They decide to move in with Alba while Raf rents out his apartment. Since they're not married, Alba will not allow them to share a room. Jane is upset because they cannot be intimate with each other. Rafael is cool with sleeping in Mateo's room. Besides, they can meet up at work. They actually get the chance to move into that first apartment together. Rafael yells at Mateo for spanking Mateo. A rift is created between A/R. Alba tells Raf, it's her house, her rules. He moves out. They don't talk for nine weeks. There's a nine week time jump in this episode. They eventually make up. Raf decides to go back in business with Chase. He shows Jane the lot they're going to build on. On the swing, he tells Jane the project will take even longer than intended. After watching Jane write, he decides to drop out of the project and just take that old real estate job offer. He surprises Jane by showing her his bench ad. Jane won't have to work so hard because he will now make more money than he did being a bartender at the Marbella. Jane can now focus more on her writing because his salary will cover an apartment for them. Jane is emotional then they kiss. Rose calls him from prison and Jane is right there. Rose tells him, she has some information that will change his life forever! Jane's face is hilarious when Raf tells Rose, he doesn't care she knows about his bio parents, he's not giving up Luisa's location. The episode ends after that. It's the cliffhanger the episode talks about. RF/Rogelio: River wants the American version of TPoS to have no telenovela elements. She wants it "grounded" and the producers agree with her, but Ro does not agree with this but says yes anyway. But after meeting a Latina nurse who loves Ro and the original version, he decides to put his foot down. It will feature telenovela elements. River is upset and close to the end of the episode goes to his house but he's not home, but Xo is. Xo convinces River to watch a telenovela with her and it wins River over. She now wants all of it. J/R are seen as the main couple in a telenovela. Not on the telenovela Xo/River/then Ro are watching, but in the actual telenovela we are watching. Xo explains everything to River. Xo/Cancer: Xo meets a cool lady named Donna doing chemo. They hit it off and become friends. Xo decides to do a cold cap, so she won't lose all of her hair but it's hard. The treatments takes a toll on Xo like it does to everyone and it shows. Like I said, there's a nine week time jump. Xo goes in for chemo and notices Donna is late. She asks the nurse and the nurse gives her the terrible news. Donna died 3 days ago. This makes things all too real for Xo. She can also die just like Donna. She decides to stop doing the cold cap and do it the old fashion way. Donna leaves a final note and some pot brownies for Xo. I don't care about Petra/JR/Anezka murder, maybe not murder stuff. Someone else can go through that. lol

Last edited by Muffy_Simba; 04-13-2018 at 11:58 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread