Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2020, 08:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

Yep, and you can tell that Lois felt that connection with Clark that even she probably didn't truly comprehend much. But she believed every word Clark told her and when he said, "I can't live in a world where you don't love me." That was too much!

Oh I loved Oliver/Lois. lol I didn't ship them but I enjoyed every scene they shared and how they were able to transition to an amazing friendship even after their break up.

I just assume 2 daughters but who knows.

I know more general comic book knowledge than probably the season 11 Smallville comics since I didn't read all of them yet.

I agree. That's how I saw it... Lois will be in relationships but never with the love of her life who is suppose to be Clark but his upbringing is so terrible that I wouldn't want Lois around that even if I'd be intrigued as to how a relationship between them would be if they fell in love.
If they could have ever fallen in love, I think Lex and Lana are as close to that type of relationship we could get, toxic. There'd be genuine feelings only without the baggage of a past lover to rival for Lois feelings. Only Clark's past and character would stand in the way of them ever finding true happiness. Which is so darn tragic because i would have liked to see it.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

Well, naturally I disagree regarding Lex/Lana... but otherwise, perhaps, I don't know.

Totally agree with what you said about Lois and Oliver in the actual SV reality, Tia.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-29-2020, 08:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Well, naturally I disagree regarding Lex/Lana... but otherwise, perhaps, I don't know.

Totally agree with what you said about Lois and Oliver in the actual SV reality, Tia.
I actually think Lana and Lex were quite good if only the show didn't reset things and push Lex closer to the point of no return down the road of villainy. Things only fell apart at the end, this is the comparison i am making when I say AU Clark and Lois would have been toxic. Lex and Lana had trust issues compounded by other things, mainly Clark. I don't see AU Clois having the same issues other than Clark's Luthor-ness and between Lex and that Clark, only Clark is too far gone to make a relationship with Lois viable.
Old 01-29-2020, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
if only the show didn't reset things and push Lex closer to the point of no return down the road of villainy.
That was definitely a problem with and I think the trust issues that you mentioned with Clark at the centre were mainly also a show reset button thing though insofar as they were pushing Clark/Lana back together again, which I found personally frustrating at this point especially since after their break-up in season 5 Martha had pointed out to Clark that Clark not only broken Lana's heart but gave her reason to hate him. But anyway. I think Clark Luthor ... well, to be honest it's hard to image: How can you redeem somebody who was never good? I mean with Lex it was always a fight between his good and bad side. At least say most of the first seven seasons you see him struggle with that and actually wanting to be good on some level but also being unable to give up the idea of power because that means acceptance in his view. I feel with Clark Luthor it's different, he never really knew much or cared much about ethics to begin with so it would be about teaching him from the top. He was taught how to be a certain way by Lionel and never questioned it but tried to do him one better even.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-29-2020, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for sharing those gifs!
Old 01-31-2020, 04:43 AM
New Fan

Quote:
they were pushing Clark/Lana back together again, which I found personally frustrating at this point especially since after their break-up in season 5 Martha had pointed out to Clark that Clark not only broken Lana's heart but gave her reason to hate him. But anyway.
I hate how they were pushing Clana down our throats until mid season 8, after it was already made obvious to the viewers that Lois likes Clark, Lana should have left right after high school so we could have gotten Clois earlier than we did.
Old 01-31-2020, 05:54 AM
Extreme Fan

I think the original premise of Smallville worked fine with Clark and Lana but once they started incorporating more Superman stuff like Lois, DP, Jimmy etc that's when they should have ended all things Clana. The longer they kept Clana going, the worse it looked on them. Clark and Lois sort of went through the same relationship beats as Clana, theirs was devoid of unnecessary drama and seemed mature, which breathed life back into the show. I would have structured the show definitively, S1-3 high school/Lana/Superboy, S4-7 single Clark transitioning from boy to man/Smallville to Metropolis and finally S8-10 Daily Planet/Lois/Superman, be decisive and absolutely no going back and forth on anything.
Old 01-31-2020, 08:39 AM
Elite Fan

I totally agree, which is why to keep in my view to keep Lana on the show it was necessary for her to evolve and for them to move away from Clana. So I wasn't mad at them putting her with Lex, I was mad when they started to take it all back because it felt like that was stupid step back for the show. They could have just had Clark move on with Lois then.

Old 02-01-2020, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Clana fans always wanted more Clark & Lana.
Old 02-01-2020, 04:10 AM
Elite Fan

That's natural for everyone who ships a certain couple, isn't it?

Old 02-01-2020, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsEnough (View Post)
^ Clana fans always wanted more Clark & Lana.
That's beautiful for them but for people like me, it got overplayed and it was way too much.

Quote:
I totally agree, which is why to keep in my view to keep Lana on the show it was necessary for her to evolve and for them to move away from Clana. So I wasn't mad at them putting her with Lex, I was mad when they started to take it all back because it felt like that was stupid step back for the show. They could have just had Clark move on with Lois then.

Well let's not forget that in the beginning they couldn't do Clois because of the stupid DC restrictions. So stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scattered One (View Post)
I hate how they were pushing Clana down our throats until mid season 8, after it was already made obvious to the viewers that Lois likes Clark, Lana should have left right after high school so we could have gotten Clois earlier than we did.
I agree. It was just tiring and so overdone. Horrible to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmaluki (View Post)
I think the original premise of Smallville worked fine with Clark and Lana but once they started incorporating more Superman stuff like Lois, DP, Jimmy etc that's when they should have ended all things Clana. The longer they kept Clana going, the worse it looked on them. Clark and Lois sort of went through the same relationship beats as Clana, theirs was devoid of unnecessary drama and seemed mature, which breathed life back into the show. I would have structured the show definitively, S1-3 high school/Lana/Superboy, S4-7 single Clark transitioning from boy to man/Smallville to Metropolis and finally S8-10 Daily Planet/Lois/Superman, be decisive and absolutely no going back and forth on anything.
[FONT="Tahoma"]You are sure correct but after season 5 it should've been done for good. They showed that Lana moved on and got older and more mature and that Clark and Lana pretty much outgrew each other. Season 7 made no sense... them as a couple just did not connect or work anymore. I think many were fed up by that point. Lana knew everything about Clark yet this time she was the one keeping the secrets and Clark didn't like the person who Lana had become, yet he was trying to make the relationship work that just wasn't there anymore. As Lionel mentioned, has he ever taken a good look at Lana... and he didn't. He just had this ideal image and was not facing reality of what changed.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That's natural for everyone who ships a certain couple, isn't it?
I, luckily, ship Clark with all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
That's beautiful for them but for people like me, it got overplayed and it was way too much.
I know you are not the only fan who was irritated.
Old 02-02-2020, 03:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well let's not forget that in the beginning they couldn't do Clois because of the stupid DC restrictions. So stupid.
Ah, I didn't know there were restrictions but I guess that makes sense to hear (though the restrictions do not make sense)... like in the Crisis aftershow when they talked about what Gotham characters they are not allowed to use on 'Batwoman' because DC wants them exclusively for the big screen and I'm like seriously... are you for real? Because haven't we seen in recent years how much can be done on television and how it won't take away from you making a movie every three or five years if that. When did they finally get the green light for Clois?

Quote:
yet he was trying to make the relationship work that just wasn't there anymore
Well, it's also fair to say that this didn't work out well. Lana felt judged by Clark all the time and wasn't terribly comfortable in the relationship – just thinking about the post-Bizarro blow out, when Clark finally realized what he denied for so long "You were the one who fell in love with Lex." – it was just a really awkward thing that they stayed together in season 7.

Last edited by Nikki K; 02-03-2020 at 03:42 AM
Old 02-03-2020, 12:21 AM
Extreme Fan

I think it's stupid to have restrictions on television where some of these characters are concerned. It's very backward to think the only platform where we can get good representation is in film. That's like putting all of ones eggs in a basket so when the movie bombs, you basically sour the public perception of these characters to the new fans/general public, that they are simply not doable in this new modern age of CBMs. I don't know how disheartening it was to hear opinions of how the Superman character is not viable anymore for the movies because WB bungled their own property through their age old practice of putting restrictions on tv because they thought movies were the only profitable market to showcase him at his fullest. TV is a great opportunity to iron out certain things while building great expectation and so forth.

OT: I watched Bad Boys 3 over the weekend
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsEnough (View Post)
I, luckily, ship Clark with all!
Lucky you, living such a drama free existence. I'm a one gal (Lois) for Clark sort of gal. I wasn't hardcore while growing up but now I am. I accept other relationships prior to (but never after) Lois. Once she comes into his life, everything switches and she is "it" for him.

Quote:
Well, it's also fair to say that this didn't work out well. Lana felt judged by Clark all the time and wasn't terribly comfortable in the relationship – just thinking about the post-Bizarro blow out, when Clark finally realized what he denied for so long "You were the one who fell in love with Lex." – it was just a really awkward thing that they stayed together in season 7.
I don't understand how the writers could not see how untenable they'd become past S5. Lana was evolving, both growing into themselves with differing outlooks on life. S7 and that small weird arc in S8 (which honestly belonged in S7) regressed them so badly. They managed form a strong friendship bond between Ollie and Lois why couldn't they do the same for Lana and Clark? It shouldn't not ave been an all or nothing relationship with those two, to the point where they seemed like strangers when you note the glaring absence of Lana in the last season.

Last edited by rpmaluki; 02-03-2020 at 05:37 AM
Old 02-03-2020, 04:13 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know for some people it is all or nothing. I guess Clark is one of them.

Quote:
They managed form a strong friendship bond between Ollie and Lois why couldn't they do the same for Lana and Clark?
Despite lacking maturity in other parts of his life, I found that Ollie was more emotionally mature. Even after Lois told him that he couldn't be with him because she had moved on when he was clearly still in love with her and trying to get back together, he was the grace understand those are her feelings and it's better to come to term with mine because I want Lois in my life if not as a girlfriend then as a friend. Meanwhile I think for Clark and Lana it was different –*I think she would have been happy to have him as a friend because let's face it for the most part they were dancing around the romance but it never really happened. Lana, I don't think wasn't hung up on the romance, especially since it never seemed to work out well. She was focused on finding her own path. Meanwhile I think for Clark, Lana was mostly just this fantasy even when they were together – which is why I often thought he wanted her to remain ignorant and it wasn't merely for safety reasons. So that was the problem, in my view, you cannot be friends with someone you never really saw as a friend but always wanted more from and then idealized.

Quote:
TV is a great opportunity to iron out certain things while building great expectation and so forth.
I agree. Especially because it helps you tell a story, explore a story for longer whereas I feel as soon as you start out with movies, the first thing you always do is an origin movie because that's to reel in the new fans. If that doesn't bomb then you have some hope to perhaps one or two more movies over the span of the next five years to telll other stories. I mean apparently that didn't even happen with the last Superman franchise as far as I understand. I didn't even mind the first one so much but... oh well.

Quote:
I accept other relationships prior to (& never after) Lois.
And yes, that's sadly how I operate as well, I want to be more of a multi-shipper but in some fandoms, it's like –*once one couple gets together, that's it for me.

Source: https://janeeleanorcoblt.tumblr.com/

Closed Thread   Post New Thread