Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2020, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Peyton List is amazing. The CW seems to like to keep their own. Like with Chris Wood, Peyton has been on many The CW shows. Have you seen Frequency? Both shows, that and Tomorrow People, didn't last long though.

I liked Lucy too. Didn't always agree with her choices/decisions, but it's good that we saw more of Lois's family.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, I watched Frequency. Liked it fine but not as much as The Tomorrow People... which I mean wasn't really the greatest show but Peyton had such great chemistry with Luke Mitchell that it made my bitter old cynic heart melt a little every week. I'm sad it got cancelled. I felt it was a vicitim to The CW trying go go down more the superhero route back then... I know they started The Flash and acquired Supergirl from CBS etc. etc. I guess the show was too similiar in a sense but didn't fit the line-up?

I'm glad I'm not the only one. And also that no, absolutely did not agree with her decisions but it was understandable to some degree where they came from I guess. For me it's like –*you don't necessarily have to love or agree with a character 100% to appreciate him or her. Like I said I was just pleased we saw more of Lois's background. It's one thing being 'told' things and another being 'shown' them. And the latter is always better, I think, makes more of an impact. So I valued the Lane family scenes.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-18-2020, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

And we know her family is dysfunctional, so it made sense for Lucy to be the way she is.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:06 PM
Elite Fan

Exactly and it's not like Lois isn't dysfunctional either in a way, she is just let's call it functional dsyfunctional... having built this armor around herself. So I liked the episodes for that alone to compare how they dealt with their mother's death and the General treating them so differently obviously oblivious that it would cause problems in their sisterly relationship.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").

Last edited by Nikki K; 01-20-2020 at 12:48 AM
Old 01-19-2020, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Like Abandoned?
Old 01-20-2020, 06:40 AM
Extreme Fan

I just recently watched Hypnotic from S5 and it was funny to compare it to Instinct in S8, Lois catches Clark canoodling some girl that has him under a spell. In the former, she's unmoved and is like "oookay, weird" but in the latter, you can tell just how upset she was seeing him kissing someone else (even though they weren't together at all), especially from the way she called out "Smallville" in a high pitched voice. And another thing, When Clark called Lana to break up with her over the new girl, he didn't care one bit that he was breaking the heart of his supposed love but in Instinct, the moment he saw Lois, the spell was broken.

This applies to Warrior in S9 as well, doesn't he stop kissing Zatanna, breaking yet another spell because of Lois?
Old 01-20-2020, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I made it to Season 4 already in my rewatch. That was fast.
Old 01-20-2020, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 01-21-2020, 06:12 AM
Extreme Fan

"I can't live in a world where you don't love me."

My how far we've come Clarkie! It's one of my favourite lines from the show.

Last edited by rpmaluki; 01-21-2020 at 06:20 AM
Old 01-21-2020, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awwe, beautiful scene. Well, sad. But great quote!
Old 01-25-2020, 01:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great Gifs!
Old 01-25-2020, 03:17 PM
Elite Fan

I liked the "Luthor"/"Kent" episodes in season 10. The former a bit more than the latter but both were probably among my favourites of that season. In "Kent" Lois looked so bloody dignified as Oliver's widow.

Old 01-25-2020, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmaluki (View Post)
"I can't live in a world where you don't love me."

My how far we've come Clarkie! It's one of my favourite lines from the show.
It was amazing to watch his growth! and how much he loved Lois.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a fine mess (View Post)
Awwe, beautiful scene. Well, sad. But great quote!
That quote is even more meaningful after the Crisis crossover with how in all the earths we've seen thus far, it seems any version of Clark and Lois are destined for each other... even on Earth-96, Brandon's Clark instantly felt a connection to Lois from Earth-38 before he even knew her name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
I liked the "Luthor"/"Kent" episodes in season 10. The former a bit more than the latter but both were probably among my favourites of that season. In "Kent" Lois looked so bloody dignified as Oliver's widow.

"Kent" was definitely special and I felt bad for Lois only because we know that Clark is who she is meant to be with but Clark is so evil in that earth. So she was pretty much in a loveless marriage... well she loved him but not to the full depths of how she'd love a Clark.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
"Kent" was definitely special and I felt bad for Lois only because we know that Clark is who she is meant to be with but Clark is so evil in that earth. So she was pretty much in a loveless marriage... well she loved him but not to the full depths of how she'd love a Clark.
I saw it as –*she loved Oliver in the alt!universe but when good and true Clark arrived from the regular universe and they had this encounter as shown in the gif series she probably saw what would may have been possible if her world had been different.

I must say I always thought I would be bothered by Lois/Oliver but strangely I was not. Probably because it was always clear that she was going to be with Clark in the end and during her scenes with Oliver she managed to make him more likeable to me. So I couldn't hate on it.

Anyway back to the Crisis crossover – I re-watched the scene today and Erica and Tom were so adorable. I wondered though, so it wasn't said, was it –*Lois just said to Clark that "the girls made a mess"... so how many daughters do they have, do we know?

Old 01-26-2020, 01:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Both are absolutely awesome episodes!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top