Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2003, 03:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

McGonagall/Maggie Smith appreciation thread!! b/c she's umbridge's arch nemesis

I think McGonagall is the coolest and it's time she had her own thread, esp. in light of OOTP. If there already is a thread sry, but I think she definitely should be brought up again! She has definitely made my FAVORITE CHARACTER LIST!!
Why?
1. Because she stood up to umbridge so spectacularly
2. Her loyalty to Dumbledore has never wavered
3. She's helping Harry to become an Auror
4. She loves to support Gryffindor Quidditch
5. Her slight but cool sense of humor

[ 06-28-2003: Message edited Gilmoracholic ]

======================================================================

A Portkey has been created for this topic.
Just click on this title in the list and be transported immediately.

not enough room for my HP quote - damn it

*marina*

Last edited by Gilmoracholic; 08-29-2004 at 02:47 PM
Old 06-28-2003, 03:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Mcgonagall is the deffinatly one of the coolest teachers, Especially since Ootp. She showed that umbridge good! Besides umbridge reminded me of trunchbull from metilda. And I love how quick she was to comment when Umbridge kept intrupting her. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2003, 03:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, I loved when she said, "ARE YOU SURE YOU WOULDN"T LIKE A COUGH DROP DELORIS?

*marina*
Old 06-28-2003, 07:01 PM
Loyal Fan

I love her! , why?

- She is brave in the face of danger
- She is fair and just
- She is loyal to no end with her side
- She is always there, to be well grounded and for some good advice.

SHE IS GREAT!
Old 06-28-2003, 09:31 PM
Master Fan

I've always liked McGonagall, even when she appeared to be unfair (to Harry and Ron). It's cool that even though she's usually polite towards all teachers, she sort of lost it with Professor Umbridge and the Divination teacher (sorry, her name's so long that I can never remember how to spell it [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ).

When Umbridge had those guys stun McGonagall, I wanted to chuck my book at something! How cowardly was that? I mean, it was dark and it was 4 against 1. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I don't remember who said it in the book, but it's true. Those guys wouldn't have stood a chance had it been light out and she were properly prepared.
Old 06-29-2003, 06:56 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by /./ Aya /./:
<STRONG>I've always liked McGonagall, even when she appeared to be unfair (to Harry and Ron). It's cool that even though she's usually polite towards all teachers, she sort of lost it with Professor Umbridge and the Divination teacher (sorry, her name's so long that I can never remember how to spell it [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ).

When Umbridge had those guys stun McGonagall, I wanted to chuck my book at something! How cowardly was that? I mean, it was dark and it was 4 against 1. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I don't remember who said it in the book, but it's true. Those guys wouldn't have stood a chance had it been light out and she were properly prepared.</STRONG>

Oh that Umbridge is one big fool. She thinks just because she is in the ministry that she is something special. She can't even teach DADA properly. She's such a darn..GRRR. Mcgonogalle sure did make her feel right at home didn't she? That umbridge...Erg, I wonder if she's even that powerful.
Old 06-29-2003, 07:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

like neville, before this book, i didn't really like McGonagall that much, she was always too hard on harry and too strict. But she changed in this book (come to think of i think that all the characters changed -harry was v. angry - DD made a mistake and proved he was only human- neville showed he could do anything when he was determined- cho im not even going to mention...) McGonagall, along with all the other teachers showed that they could be as rebellious as the students, getting umbridge to do all the work:
Quote:
'of course i could have done it myself, but i wasn't sure i had the authority!'
Old 06-29-2003, 12:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

I've ALWAYS liked McGonagall, but the most in this book..I hope we find out more about her in future books

SHE ROCKS!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

*marina*
Old 06-29-2003, 03:45 PM
Master Fan

fawkes - What you quoted was said by Flitwick. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] But that's all good.

I've always liked McGonagall, but I never really admired her as much as I do now. I mean, she can be a bit of an uptight witch, but she's right. She's strict and it's for the good of the students. She's smart. She's loyal. And thank Ipthar she's sarcastic!! *sigh* She'd probably be my favourite teacher after Snapeypoo and Lupin.
Old 06-29-2003, 03:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Snape's Secret Sex Slave:
<STRONG>fawkes - What you quoted was said by Flitwick. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] But that's all good.

I've always liked McGonagall, but I never really admired her as much as I do now. I mean, she can be a bit of an uptight witch, but she's right. She's strict and it's for the good of the students. She's smart. She's loyal. And thank Ipthar she's sarcastic!! *sigh* She'd probably be my favourite teacher after Snapeypoo and Lupin.</STRONG>

Yeh, me too- i always liked her but i loved her after OOTP- it was sssssooooooooooo funny when she kept on sticking up to that B**** Umbridge *shudders* I HATED THAT WOMAN [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2003, 03:47 AM
Loyal Fan

I liked McGonnagall from the beginning. She's strict but extremely just at the same time. And loyal ... definitely loyal. She could get sacked too but she stood up against Umbridge. And how... Now I love her!

And she's definitely on friendly terms with Snape. This bickering is just for the students...
Old 06-30-2003, 03:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nily:
<STRONG>She could get sacked too but she stood up against Umbridge. And how... Now I love her! </STRONG>
Yep, she was awesome standing up to the Umbridge Woman! I liked her before, but now i love her!
Old 06-30-2003, 05:32 AM
Addicted Fan

After reading OOTP, I have more respect and admiration for Professor McGonagall, she's pretty cool. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] The way she stood up to that evil Umbridge woman, that was priceless! I was seriously afraid that she wouldn't make it through to the end of the book, but she came through, thank goodness.

Minerva rocks. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 06-30-2003, 12:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Anybody have any speculation about the future for McGonagall? I think that she will become Miss Minister of magic [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

*marina*
Old 06-30-2003, 04:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh no. Let the idiots do the Ministry! Dumbledore will retire. He'll buy a nice little house in the south of France or something and Minerva will become Headmistress of Howarts. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]