Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2004, 07:41 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I know. It's JKR upped the ante in OotP. I thought Prof. McG was funny with Prof Trelawney in PoA, but man! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] She was so freaking hilarious with that toad of a prof. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] And when she was attacked, that just came as a surprise to me and I was just happy she's still staying at Hogwarts. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2004, 07:49 PM
Supreme Fan

I LOVED the talk McGonagall had w/ Harry about his career! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That was the ultimate face-off for Umbridge and McGonagall [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-07-2004, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

Her personality is just incredible.

I loved this:

Umbridge - "You will receive the results of your inspection in ten days' time."
McGonagall - "I can hardly wait."

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] She's the best! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 03-07-2004: Message edited Sharon86 ]

Old 03-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Master Fan

And how about when she told Peeves that the thing screws the other way? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I can just imagine Maggie Smith acting those parts out with sheer brilliance. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2004, 09:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey, hey, hey! My thread is here again! I haven't posted since July of last year - THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR BRINGING IT BACK UP - I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

not enough room for my HP quote - damn it

*marina*
Old 03-28-2004, 02:30 AM
Extreme Fan

I am fairly new to this board, but not to FF, just finished reading the books several days ago.

I can't believe it took me this long to get my but in here (and some other threads...), but I only had so much time to spend here each day, and I was visiting FAs a lot, as well as the questions/news threads having just finished the books, and the Snape thread because I like him too, and had tons of questions about him from the books (which have now been answered ) But at any rate...

Better Late than Never

While Sirius is my absolute favorite, I have a lot of other favs, and McGonagall is up there......

Other than Lupin, she is IMO the best Teacher Hogwarts has had, and she's my favorite too after him

I love how she is stern but fair, and surprisingly kind and supportive at moments when it is least expected! I almost feel like she and Dumbledore have been Harry's "parents" from a distance, never letting him know just how long or how much they have been watching over him but they have.

Of course one of the best moments was when she selected Harry for House team, and bought him his Nimbus Two-Thousand.

I also liked how she stood up to Umbridge, as I noticed has been mentioned, and the coughdrop line.... I could hear Maggie Smith saying that line probably more clearly than any line in one of the books not yet adapted to film

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shouldn't this also be a Maggie Smith appreciation thread????? I know no one will really be posting swoony things like many of the male actors, but she is one da** amazing actress!!! She should be on here too!!

She is also the one and only member of the Harry Potter cast I have had the pleasure of meeting in person, and she is just quite cool to talk to, so very regal, yet with this incredibly sharp dry sense of humor, but very interesting and willing to have a conversation [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

anyway hello to everyone [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-28-2004: Message edited LadyOfLorien ]
Old 04-16-2004, 11:58 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyOfLorien:
<STRONG>
I also liked how she stood up to Umbridge, as I noticed has been mentioned, and the coughdrop line.... I could hear Maggie Smith saying that line probably more clearly than any line in one of the books not yet adapted to film

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shouldn't this also be a Maggie Smith appreciation thread????? I know no one will really be posting swoony things like many of the male actors, but she is one da** amazing actress!!! She should be on here too!!

She is also the one and only member of the Harry Potter cast I have had the pleasure of meeting in person, and she is just quite cool to talk to, so very regal, yet with this incredibly sharp dry sense of humor, but very interesting and willing to have a conversation [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

</STRONG>
McGonagall was awesome in standing up to Umbridge..I loved the part when they were discussing Harry's future career [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
That's awesome that you got to meet Maggie Smith! She is the perfect McGonagall. I really liked her in Sister Act too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 04-17-2004, 12:20 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah Sister Act was the first thing I ever saw her in, when I was like 9 or something...so its the way I first knew who she was. Then later Hook of course.... from then on out loved just about everything I saw her do! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

So can we add Maggie to the title and intro thread?? Mods??
Old 07-28-2004, 04:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi all!

I'd just like to remind everyone (or inform you if you don't already know) that the Mod Application for the Harry Potter Board has been extended.
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry D
Hi everyone. We're extending the application deadline on this board to July 30 to see if we can get a larger pool of candidates to select from. Thank you.
It officially ends 11:59pm PST (or your your time zone, whichever is later)
July 30.

So to those of you who are interested to apply (but didn't send in your application because you thought the application period has elapsed), send in your applications to ffmodapps@kaxy.com right away!

Please send each email with a subject line of:
Board Applied For - Currently Displayed Name

And Don't forget to include:
  • 1. Your Currently Displayed Name.
  • 2. Your Age
  • 3. Your Gender (this way, if you get appointed, we can post our welcome thread for you properly, as many posting names are ambiguous, and it’s hard to tell if someone is male or female)
  • 4. If you are a current moderator here, please indicate the message board or boards that you moderate. If you were a former moderator here, please indicate the message board or boards that you used to moderate.
  • 5. Your AIM, ICQ, or MSN ID Number so one of us can talk to you one on one about your candidacy (AIM/AOL is preferred). Note: We will only talk to you one on one if we have questions about your application. Everyone is in different time zones, and some candidates may not be available to talk to us, and we may not be available to talk to them, so we don't intend to talk to everyone individually through one of the above chat programs.
  • 6. A link to your profile here at Fan Forum. (You can get this by clicking on the "Profile" icon on top of your username in your posts.) This will enable us to check your posting frequency on the board that you want to moderate.
  • 7. A brief paragraph describing why you want to be a moderator, and what you can bring to the board that you want to moderate.

If you have any questions, you could ask it at
a) the Moderator Application Process thread at the Q & A Board,
b) the Moderator Opening Announcement here at the Harry Potter Board,

or if you're shy
c) simply PM either Ben or Me (Sade).

I'd also like to say that it wouldn't really hurt to try.
And that only a handful of people would know that you did, anyway.
(just the 3 managers and Ben & me) so don't be shy. *wink*

Also, there really isn't any post count requirement nor minimum number of years you've been a member of FanForum (I myself was only "6 months old" when I applied).
What matters here is the "quality" of your posts, how well you deal with your fellow posters, your "overall impact" on the Board, how crazy you are and how well you rate in the "obsession meter" when it comes to Harry Potter... that kind of thing

But seriously, you should apply!

Best off luck to everyone, and continue posting like crazy to keep our board one of the most active ones in all of FanForum. (Go us!)

&
~ Sade
And somewhere... a man reunites w/ his bestfriend.

The Dog Star would forever shine in the night sky... and you will always be in our hearts.
Rest in peace, Messr. Padfoot. Have a safe journey home.

~ Sadé
Old 08-08-2004, 02:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

i think adding maggie to the title is cool - i dont know if i can do that or if a moderator has to...
Old 08-08-2004, 03:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Gilmoracholic you can do that yourself. Just go to the opening post and click edit. There you can also edit the thread title

I'm glad to see this thread coming back to action. McGonagall rocks
I love how she gives h*ll to Umbridge during Harry's Career Advise session.

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Old 08-29-2004, 02:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

okay, cool, I fixed the title, too bad the original didnt fit with Maggie Smith, but i think this one is okay too

*marina*
Old 08-29-2004, 02:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

nope, wait i didnt - i guess i can't really, but if you look in the little line in the first post - that's what i tried to change it too, maybe i'll just start a new thread

*marina*
Old 08-30-2004, 04:24 PM
Addicted Fan

No need to start a new thread. I thought you could change the title yourself but I was wrong.

But being a mod, I can change the title. And I just did.

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Old 09-01-2004, 12:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

cool, great pic!

*marina*
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top