Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-18-2004, 06:57 AM
Elite Fan

Welcome.

Last edited by Eliii; 05-18-2004 at 04:49 PM
Old 05-18-2004, 07:23 AM
Master Fan

Sam's paragraph about her dad had 9 lmfaos.
Dude, didn't your sister wait outside your house to scare the ***** out of us?

Mum got me an Aigner bag. I love it.

Saying goodbye is totally going to suck, Bijal. I hate goodbyes. They are so hard and I never know how to act when the time comes.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:17 AM
Passionate Fan

So we're back. I didn't cry, but that's only because it hasn't really hit me yet that M's gone. It will tomorrow or next week or when we speak on the phone and I ask her to come over and she can't.

I'm going to lose it completely, though, when E leaves. I can't talk about it right now, but next week, I'm going to have to begin a roommate search. Sigh.

Anyway, I can't remember the other title I was going to use. I'll try to think of something else, though.

Highly amusing Sarkney. I giggled. And snickered.

I know this is good in the long run, but it's SUCH A LONG WAIT.

Quote:
The good news: "Alias" will air entirely without repeats next season.
The bad news: It won't premiere until January.

ABC announced Tuesday (May 18) that the fourth season of its cult-hit spy series is being held back until midseason as way to solve the on-this-week, off-the-next-two-weeks scheduling that has plagued the show. The network will also air "NYPD Blue" consecutively beginning in the fall, meaning its season will end earlier than normal.
Full Article

Last edited by Bijal; 05-18-2004 at 09:16 AM
Old 05-18-2004, 01:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Why is no one here to play with me?

It's only 4:30 but it feels like 10:30. We were up so early and we're already on our third movie of the day. Wheeeee!

Oh, and I have some graduation photos for your viewing pleasure, so let me know if you wanna see. I'll PM you the link, since other people are in the pics and I don't want to post them without consent.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:03 PM
Elite Fan

I'm here, snuffy. Finally is FF back. Been down for me since I came home an hour ago.

Okay, I am FURIOUS about the Alias news!

Those news could not have been worse. Okay, worse would've been one in the main cast dying or the show being taken off the air completely or some crap like that, but January? Are they ****ing KIDDING me?!! Okay, I'm calmer now, cause I've already cried to Bijal on MSN. Maybe it was better FF was down when I first read the news. For everyone's sake, I mean.

I can't believe they're doing this. I'd rather have reruns and long breaks than having to wait months longer to get it in the first place. The funny thing is, that if it had been in the fall lineup, it would've premiered late September. So a season premiere in January isn't really that much longer to wait. But it feels so much longer.

Okay, I'm done with this for now. ****.

All should check out the grad pics. They're so great.

Blimey (hee, that word is hilarious), I've forgotten my Elektra pic of the day.

Hee. Yeah, let's just say this one has gotten a lot of attention at the superherohype Elektra board. I wonder why.

Last edited by Eliii; 05-18-2004 at 04:19 PM
Old 05-18-2004, 04:20 PM
Elite Fan

WHAT?!? You have got to be kidding me. We all basically know that this season ending is going to be good (as they always are) and now we're being told that instead of waiting the long 3-4 months, it's going to be 6-7 months? THIS IS CRAP!! Why not just stop airing stupid things in it's timeslot and let Alias air normally.

DAMN YOU ABC!!
Old 05-18-2004, 04:23 PM
Elite Fan

I know. Or they could've moved to another timeslot. Even though I like the one they have now, even that would've been better. Like the summer isn't long enough. And they're talking about it being easier keeping the fans watching when they don't have those long breaks. Well, let me tell ya, there's not gonna be anyone left to watch it when it first airs, cause everyone will have DIED while waiting!

So how are we managing the dramatic effects here tonight? Brilliantly? Excellent.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

We are quite dramatic, aren't we? On that note...*whines*

I'll die without my Alias!!

It seems to me while although they claim to be "helping the fans" - they are making it 20 instead of 22 and extending the wait. I'm kind of nervous as to whether or not the next season will be the last.

*spins around in a circle a la horror movie style*

What do you want from us?! Huh?! What do you want from uuuuuuuuussssssssss?
Old 05-18-2004, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

That's what worried me as well. The last season thing. When I first read it I first thought the waiting and then, is this the death penalty. But thankfully Bijal calmed me down with that and said they've done that with NYPD Blue for several seasons. So it doesn't have to mean anything. Also, not that Alias has the best ratings, but the way I've understood it, it's one of the few things on ABC keeping the network alive. So I say keep it.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

Me! Me! Me! I want grad pics!

Dude. They are making you wait til Jan? Wow. I can't even begin to imagine the withdrawals y'all are going to go through. You'll be reading a lot of fics that's for sure. Can't they show the whole season without reruns in fall? Hmmm. I don't quite get it. Are they done shooting?
Old 05-18-2004, 10:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Now that I've had some time to process the Alias season retooling, I think it's actually not a bad idea. Season 3 has been disjointed and has been rife with sloppy, careless writing, filler episodes that didn't even pretend to further any sort of plot, and weak characterization and storytelling. Also, there's no way of knowing that ABC decided this on their own. Who's to say that the writers and JJ didn't want this? The Zap2it article indicates that JJ is supportive of the delayed season and while I realize that the article isn't necessarily 100% the truth, it's worth recognizing that perhaps this wasn't a decision solely stemming from ABC execs.

A 20-episode run from January to May gives them a chance to regroup, come up with cohesive storylines that will (hopefully) seemingly flow from one episode to the next, focus on continuity and develop and portray better characterization throughout the season since the episodes will be closer together and more tightly put together.

Yes, it's a long wait, but if reruns and long breaks means another season like season 3, a delayed season could be the best thing that's ever happened to this show after a craptastic and mediocre (at best) season (compared to seasons 1 & 2).

I don't think they can do the entire season in the fall, since that would probably entail starting shooting now and well...that's kind of short notice for the actors, yes? Plus, as I understand it from the article I previously linked to, Alias is a location-heavy series, which was part of the reason for the gaps between episodes this season (among other reasons, i.e. ABC scheduling, etc.).

Meanwhile, I fully plan to enjoy Desperate Housewives in the Sunday 9 p.m. timeslot, as I'm eager to see Felicity Huffman on network television again. Besides, January will be here before we all know it. Time flies.

Thus endeth my PSA.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by yoshhh
Dude, didn't your sister wait outside your house to scare the ***** out of us?
Yes, lmfao (), and it was just after I had told you that although that underpassage would be a great place to murder someone, its a relatively safe place (well it was then, now theres some different crime/murder every week) to live, and then my sister ran out of the pushes screaming. Bitch!

Dude, that does kinda suck that you have to wait so long, but I can definately see the upside to it. Absolutely, definately. I hate it when there are five week gaps, I'd rather have it one after the other continuously personally. That's one good thing about the way we do it here. Oh, oh, omg, I just realised that if you guys don't get new episode till January... we won't get them till like friggen' next July! WTF! No, wait... screw the positives BAD IDEA... BAD! And I reckon that ALIAS will absolutely have at least another two seasons in it!

Jen - OMG, your gym has yogalattes???? Dude mine doesn't! Lmfao, we have Yoga and Pillattes... but not 'Yogalattes'... that blows dude. Oh and dude, about the me being a psycho thing, and how I'm like 'it happens very rarely' lmfao... well you should have been in my house yesterday, lmfao it happened again. Lmfao! But it *totally* wasn't my fault!

Oh, and we have 'spinning' classes, although we don't call them that there called 'RPM'.. I have no idea why its called that... but ugh, I hate those classes, I always cheat and only pretend to turn the nob up, and then I get to slow my legs down so it looks like its on the hard bit - which completely, defeats the purpose of going to the damn class. But, ugh I hate the music that they play out our one... I hate trance/techno... it makes me insane... I need lyrics not monotonous repetitive sounds with one stupid line like 'Somebody answer the phone'. Ugh, I loathe that song with the fire of a thousand suns. I think my favourite gym class is Step though as far as a cardio workout goes, its kinda like dancing, and the music is wayy better. Hee!

I'm looking forward to seeing that 'Day after Tomorrow' movie. I love world ending movies, so much fun. Hee! And I love the predictability, and the fact that I know I'm going to cry, I know they will be saved at the last minute... and I just always enjoy those movies. Kinda weird huh, I hate olden day war movies they depress me, but world ending movies excite me. Lmfao. Weird!

Oh and Bijal, I totally wanna see your graduation pictures! Send them over dudette!
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:31 AM
Elite Fan

I've slept on it too now, and I'm calmer about the whole thing. Good points, Bijal.

The possibility of making the show better is a very good reason for taking it later. But yeah, the things that worried me at first were the wait and what this meant in the negative sense. Now that I've understood it doesn't have to mean anything, I'm sure I'll survive the wait.

No, they can't have it in the fall. Obviously cause of the reasons Bijal mentioned, but also, we would still be at the same point if they did that anyway. Then we would have to wait from say January cause the season would've been over so fast.

I'm not completely convinced there won't be negative results of this, though. I think they will lose a lot of people in the waiting process. The "promise" of better times and possibly better episodes isn't enough for everyone. Also, I can't help feeling that the second a network puts something in the midseason lineup, it's like saying "You're one of our B shows and this is the beginning of the end." I have no idea if it works like that, but it feels like that. And I don't want that for my show.

I'm gonna go with the flow and see what happens, though. There's no time to spend energy moaning about something like this. I trust they know what they're doing. Actually, I don't trust that ABC does, but if JJ is a part of this, I trust him to know what he's doing at least. Let's hope the positive will outweigh the negative. CAuse positive reasons there are.

No GG comments?? Torrent is dl'ing, but it's slooooow.

Last edited by Eliii; 05-19-2004 at 01:41 AM
Old 05-19-2004, 01:37 AM
Master Fan

Heya' poop!

It's sooo fun when you see that someone else is on the board. TeeHee!

Just out of curiosity waht negative results are you worrying about? Is it just the show ending, or like is there something else?
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:39 AM
Elite Fan

Hey babe.

I edited my post. Go read regarding neg. res.

Oh! So Regina is already on the mission on what to recap for the first half of the season. She definitely won't do the housewife show, heh.

Anyway...

Quote:
I am doing the DVDs, though. That's confirmed. I'm covering "The Two," the first episode of the season. My commentary partner hasn't been decided yet. But one or more of the producers might be involved as well.
*squeals* Omg, that's gonna be so much fun!

And GG torrent is doing a little better as well. It'll be done by the time I come home from school today, which is kinda late. GG then, yay.

Last edited by Eliii; 05-19-2004 at 01:46 AM