Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-23-2004, 01:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CutieKatie
It's mints. They are these super tiny blue balls (heehee) that come in a super-tiny case (for carrying around without being weighed down) and you put them on your tongue which they then melt. It's quite a burst of mint, might I add.
Dude, I must say that was a bit of a let down, you led me to believe that it would be alcoholic. Lmfao.
Old 06-23-2004, 05:01 AM
Elite Fan

Well, the American press are mostly comparing them professionaly, Sam. It started when reviews after 13 Going on 30 called her the next JR. It's just that the Norwegian mag had to find something extra, I suppose.

Yes, you have to tape it, Katie. I'm dl'ing it right now. *squeals*

I saw that from that Who mag, Jen. It was a short list as well and she made it. Yay. But I realise these lists are very up and down, and it seems like there are a lot of reasons why some people are on it one year and others not. Just stuff I've read. Hollywood and the business fascinates me more and more every day, heh.

Okay, so I saw the good to be stuff. It's not like any of the stuff they brought up were news, but it really is good to be Jennifer Garner. Lucky woman. But like Bijal said in her LJ, the voiceover hosts were beyond annoying. Jeez.

Last edited by Eliii; 06-23-2004 at 06:11 AM
Old 06-23-2004, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Samii
Dude, I must say that was a bit of a let down, you led me to believe that it would be alcoholic. Lmfao.
I would die of laughter if Jessica ever made a beer commercial.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:53 PM
Master Fan

Omg speaking of '13 going on 30' well, do I have news. Okay, so I went to see Shrek 2 on Tuesday, and I'm sitting in the theatre with my mates you know just minding my own business, and then the trailer for this movie comes on. Anyway, I mention to my friends that this is supposed to be a pretty good movie, but am suddenly distracted by the fact that they have changed the god damn name of the movie. WTF! It's not like we speak another ****ing language to the bleedin' film. So the movie is NOT called '13 going on 30' it is called, (wait for it people) 'Suddenly 30'. Pfft. Dude, what were they trying to take some creative charge? Pathetic. I don't know why, but its annoyed me that they changed the name. I don't understand it, because it's not like they need to translate it, helooo, we speak friggen' English morons.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

Dude, that is so stupid. "Suddenly 30"? That name could not sound any stupider. Poor Samii.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I read the Aussie title somewhere a while ago. Ridiculous title. The movie premieres here tomorrow, but there is a chance I won't get to see it til next week. :sniffle:
Old 06-24-2004, 09:14 PM
Master Fan

Dude Eli.... haven't you alread seen the movie?

And yeah it is a stupid name, it makes me think of that crappy TV show "Suddenly Susan", but its not so much the name, it's why the hell was it changed? I mean thats bizarre, we never usually get names changed. I wonder why it happened? Like was it the people at our end or theirs?
Old 06-25-2004, 06:39 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, I've seen the movie several times. But are you kidding me? Of course I have to see it at the movies as well. The huge screen, the great sound and the whole atmosphere. It'll be my first JG movie at the movies. Also, I have to help with the box office numbers. And they've just opened a new movie theatre in my city. One of the best in Europe. So I have to check that out as well.

It's people at your end. We usually translate the titles over here. I refuse to use the Norwegian titles, though, so if I buy a ticket at the ticketbooth we always get fun and entertaining situations, hee. Until I sigh dramatically and use the Norwegian title to indulge the morons in the ticketbooth. Usually I buy tickets online, though. Sometimes they go all out and give the movie a new English title here as well, (like they did in Australia) and that's beyond ridiculous. What's the point then? So normally it's Norwegian titles here, cause apparently they feel like that's necessary.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

Where is everyone at? This thread has slowly been dying which is most definatly not allowed because this thread rocks my socks.

Let's just say I'm saying that if people don't start posting her soon, I will then be forced to post more pictures of Jake Gyllenhaal and Kirsten Dunst and gush at their cuteness. Don't send me to my breaking point.

I bought "The Notebook" the other day...I don't know if I want to read the book before seeing the movie though..I really, really want to see the movie, I have been hearing such awesome things about it.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Dude Eli, man I'm sooo looking forward to when I go and see it and I'm going to be asking for '13 going on 30' and I'll be bloody sure to inform them that the change of name is bloody retarded. There is absolutely no need for a translation, we speak the same damn language as them.

Hee, post away Katie, liven this dead thread up.

*performs CPR*
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

It's so lame when they change movie titles over here! "Suddenly 30" sounds so stupid! I agree with the "Suddenly Susan" thing...I hated that show. A couple of years ago they advertised the movie "Joyride" with Paul Walker and Steve Zahn, but then when the movie actually came out it was called "Roadkill". Stupid title changes!

lol My sister is taking me to see "Mean Girls" on Tuesday! And I think we're seeing "The Prince and Me" tomorrow. Yes this holidays we're all about the teen movies!!

The Notebook looks so good! Usually I find the books are better than the movie-makes because they tell you so much more, so I rekon you should watch the movie first, Katie Oh and post as many pics of JG as you want!

I'm bummed becuase I think I missed GG last night! But I don't actually know if it was on TV...?
Old 06-27-2004, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah, I wanna see "Mean Girls"! You gotta tell me if it's worth watching

And about the "Notebook!" I HAVE to see that movie, I watched the trailer just before the movie came out and I was like:"OMG! Gotta see this."

Old 06-27-2004, 07:07 AM
Master Fan

Omg, hey Caroline. Hee.

BTW, what is "NoteBook"?
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.