Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2017, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe Neymar will be #1. He probably will seeing as he's behind those 2.

Yeah I remember them saying Barcelona and real Madrid would be playing each again soon.
New England Patriots Super Bowl LIII Champions
Old 08-11-2017, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

We'll see how it all turns out.

Yes, the first leg is on Aug 13th and the second one on Aug 16th. Two Clasicos are just what I need at the start of the season. xD

Premier League starts today!

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 08-12-2017 at 03:12 PM
Old 08-13-2017, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yikes I understand that.

I'm so disappointed that I missed the start of the Premier League. I knew it was starting soon but I didn't realize it was this weekend.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

El Clasico turned out to be as crazy as you could expect, so much drama. I had to leave the room from time to time because I couldn't take it, I really need to work on handling stress better. But Real Madrid won! Our defense was really shaky. But the win was totally deserved after that bs penalty Barca got. Pique's own goal (sorry but that is ironic ). Cristiano's golazo. Cristiano being sent off, seriously the second one wasn't a yellow, it wasn't diving (there was contact) if the performance that earned Barca the penalty wasn't either. Granted his first yellow was on him but then again, he's Iconiqueâ„¢ so I don't even hold it against him. And then Asensio's golazo when Real was one man down. Pretty awesome first leg with 3 away goals, we see what happens on Wednesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Cyatt (View Post)
I'm so disappointed that I missed the start of the Premier League. I knew it was starting soon but I didn't realize it was this weekend.
Aw, I'm sorry you missed it. It was a pretty awesome first match day. I watched all the matches they aired live here (6 in total) and they were really entertaining, lots of goals scored. The most surprising one was probably Chelsea losing to Burnley. I wanted to watch more Premier League this season and after this weekend I'm definitely happy with that decision (especially since it's stress free for me xD).

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 08-13-2017 at 04:52 PM
Old 08-15-2017, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I was flipping back and forth between El Clasico and a tennis match. That match wasn't part of La Liga club play was it?

Ronaldo did look good without his shirt.

It's definitely less stressful when it isn't your team playing.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

No, it's the Spanish Super Cup which is played between the winners of La Liga and the Copa del Rey (Spanish Cup).

He does look incredible. Sucks about his ban though. :/ He shouldn't have touched the referee but I understand his frustration because the red card was absolutely ludicrous. Real Madrid have appealed so let's see if the ban will be less than 5 games. Fortunately Real has enough depth to handle those games without Cristiano although of course it would have been so much better if he could play. As we could see, he's a major impact when he plays. ETA: The appeal was unsuccessful and the ban remains.

The 2nd leg is tonight, home game for Real. I hope they will take this one.

Quote:
It's definitely less stressful when it isn't your team playing.
Much less stressful, you can just sit back and enjoy.

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 08-16-2017 at 10:57 AM
Old 08-16-2017, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Double post, please delete.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh ok. Thanks for explaining it to me. Can the same team win La Liga and Copa del Rey?

It is thought I usually get stressed out even when it isn't my team.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome. Yes, the same team can win both in which case the runner up of the Copa del Rey will play in the Spanish Super Cup.

Aw, I understand that too. I guess it depends on how much you care about the team(s) even if you're not emotionally super invested.

Well the 2nd leg of the Spanish Super Cup was much less stressful for me, I could actually watch the entire match without having to leave the room. xD Asensio's spectacular golazo gave us the lead in the 4th minute. And when Benzema scored another one making it 5-1 for Real on aggregate that pretty much wrapped up the whole thing. This match was pretty much perfect for Read Madrid, everyone played perfectly (even our defense ) so this cup was totally deserved! I hope to see them dominating throughout the entire season.

La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga are back this weekend! Just watching the first two matches of La Liga.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched some Premier League soccer and some La Liga. I'm mad because last year they used to show every PL game and this year they don't.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh no, that really sucks. I really hate it if a match I'd like to watch isn't available. Have you tried finding a stream online?
Old 08-27-2017, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know it sucks. I hate when that happens. I probably could watch it online.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I've usually been able to find a good stream when I've needed one.

I'm watching Real Madrid vs. Valencia at the moment. They've been a tough opponent for us in the recent years, and we're missing several players like Ronaldo and Ramos. So Real is making me suffer again. (It's tied 1-1 at halftime but I hope I'll be happier rather than sadder after the 2nd half. xD)

I also watched Liverpool vs. Arsenal today. It was brutal, I feel kinda bad for Arsenal although I don't support either team. But Liverpool deserved that win for sure.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I stream Patriot games when they aren't on tv here. Sometimes it's tough to find a good stream.

Arsenal is a mess again. I know the fans want their manager to be fired.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I do the same with Real Madrid games. And true, it's hard sometimes. But let me know if you want help with finding a good stream for soccer games.

It seems to be a huge mess. The fans do want Wenger fired and maybe it would be for the best, some say for his own sanity. Maybe a change would be good. There are also transfer rumors going on since the transfer window is open for two more days.