Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2021, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

FTWD Season 6 episode discussion thread #5: 6x16 - The Beginning (13 June)

Season 6 Episode Discussion

Episodes 6x01 - 6x04: #1
Episodes 6x05 - 6x07: #2
Episodes 6x08 - 6x09: #3
Episodes 6x10 - 6x13: #4
Episodes 6x14 - 6x??: #5

Last edited by Movies; 06-12-2021 at 01:08 AM
Old 05-18-2021, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh new thread thanks

EC | ADC

Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

Sorry to kinda block the ongoing conversation but we needed one
Fan Forum Legend

No worries

EC | ADC

Old 05-18-2021, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

I wanted to reply to Dave's post because covid is a valid point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
i'm not defending the writers or decision-makers at AMC at all, but i read that the entire season was based on covid protocols meaning minimal cast and more individual stories, with just two or several characters. they had to make small productions because of social distance guidelines and much of the episodes were actually pieced together from different locations and times. inconsistency, yup i'd say so. all over the place. i agree. ugh.

i can see some of the story developing, but you could totally leave out that tasteless and boring Grace episode, and not miss a bit. i wouldn't even care how that scumbag riley got the key, i have so little invested in this show at this point. just Alicia.

i just want to know where the submarine in the desert came from, and how in the blue blazes did it not break apart without water to displace, a drydock with beam supports, or constant maintenance to keep it from rotting away and spilling it's nuclear cooling water, reactor, and missiles. but i digress.
Felt like John junior leaving left a void in the sharp shooting department so the writers said lets bring his dad in, that will be dramatic. Beyond that, I think covid shooting has made it more difficult to have good flow to the overall story. You're right, you can tell the difference between pre-COVID and post COVID filmed episodes. This is why the show seems a bit off to me
Old 05-18-2021, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

TFTNT

yeah agreed, a lot of it was incredibly grating and blatant, but covid is surely a huge topic on set. has to be. anyway my favorite bit was when Dorie Senior just looked around the cabin and sat down in silence, letting the music and acting successfully carry the scene's emotion and meaning far more effectively than the endless un-creative dialogue in some other scenes.
Old 05-18-2021, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I skipped this one but can't wait for 6x14 finally!
Fan Forum Legend

it better be good
Fan Forum Star

I do have high hopes I admit.
Old 05-18-2021, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

me too but this is still my motto as usual when it comes to FTWD

Old 05-18-2021, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

You have a point
Old 05-18-2021, 10:39 AM
Supreme Fan

Well that was actually a pretty decent episode considering none of the characters I truly like appeared in it. If you watched this 4 years ago you would never know it's FEAR. Threw me for a loop when Morgan tried to blame June for the miscarriage. She lives in a different place completely because she's building a hospital. She was on the way there. What else could she do? It's not her fault that Morgan's stubborn and has to control everything around him. I'll admit it was satisfying to watch June walk away from Morgan mid-conversation like, "Bro, I'm not doing this."

Moving on, how appropriate that Dorie Sr. is at Tank Town at the same time as June, Dwight and Sherry. I wasn't surprised that it was John's dad. It was pretty obvious from the promos and clips. Such a strange decision to bring him onboard just a few weeks after his son dies. I guess it could be viewed as, by killing John first, it made a lot of us think that the theory of Teddy being Dorie Sr's serial killer wouldn't pan out.

Nice to see Dwight getting some screen time. I can't stand Sherry after the horse incident. She's so reckless. I could see her dying in a way similar to her comic fate, possibly at the (unwilling) hands of Morgan. I didn't expect her to change her mind about Dwight until June started reading the letter from John. Once she started on with it I thought, "Oh, okay, this is why Dwight and Sherry are here. This will bring them back together". I don't know about others but I don't really like it when I can see these things coming from a mile away like my personal predictions have been lately. I remember when this show truly kept me of my toes.
This show is the most insane "quality rollercoaster" I've ever experienced. At points during its run my jaw has been on the floor while at others I can only roll my eyes at. Sometimes it just gets a bit too sappy for me nowadays.

Definitely not the best of the season. Definitely not the worst by a long shot either. I am liking TEITB group though. They bring an ominous, almost Whisperer like presence to the show. They could be anywhere at any time with as much graffiti work as they do. I wish the writers would play with that idea more, having our people run into them a bit more often.

The preview for next week looked pretty great. I'm always happy for anything involving Alicia.
Old 05-18-2021, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heda_Khaleesi (View Post)
TFTNT

yeah agreed, a lot of it was incredibly grating and blatant, but covid is surely a huge topic on set. has to be. anyway my favorite bit was when Dorie Senior just looked around the cabin and sat down in silence, letting the music and acting successfully carry the scene's emotion and meaning far more effectively than the endless un-creative dialogue in some other scenes.
Yep but that still does not explain why there was so little alicia compared to other characters.
Old 05-18-2021, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT!

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 05-19-2021, 01:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Overall the episode was okay.... I had some issues though. They are searching for Teddy, and trying to figure out what Teddy's group is up to... the main plot points of this episode do not make much sense since they already know where Teddy is and after the last two episodes, I'm pretty sure what Teddy is up to is no frickin good so why keep on trying to figure out what he is up to by other people? Why not tell John Dorie Sr. That Teddy is in Dallas? John Sr. immediately shoots to kill when they are looking at the cars but when June is in his trailer, now is the time to talk?

The season has been partly very good but the frustrating part is we are almost done and we barely have had any Strand and only one episode of Alicia...