View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 10:39 AM
just one dream
Master Fan

Well that was actually a pretty decent episode considering none of the characters I truly like appeared in it. If you watched this 4 years ago you would never know it's FEAR. Threw me for a loop when Morgan tried to blame June for the miscarriage. She lives in a different place completely because she's building a hospital. She was on the way there. What else could she do? It's not her fault that Morgan's stubborn and has to control everything around him. I'll admit it was satisfying to watch June walk away from Morgan mid-conversation like, "Bro, I'm not doing this."

Moving on, how appropriate that Dorie Sr. is at Tank Town at the same time as June, Dwight and Sherry. I wasn't surprised that it was John's dad. It was pretty obvious from the promos and clips. Such a strange decision to bring him onboard just a few weeks after his son dies. I guess it could be viewed as, by killing John first, it made a lot of us think that the theory of Teddy being Dorie Sr's serial killer wouldn't pan out.

Nice to see Dwight getting some screen time. I can't stand Sherry after the horse incident. She's so reckless. I could see her dying in a way similar to her comic fate, possibly at the (unwilling) hands of Morgan. I didn't expect her to change her mind about Dwight until June started reading the letter from John. Once she started on with it I thought, "Oh, okay, this is why Dwight and Sherry are here. This will bring them back together". I don't know about others but I don't really like it when I can see these things coming from a mile away like my personal predictions have been lately. I remember when this show truly kept me of my toes.
This show is the most insane "quality rollercoaster" I've ever experienced. At points during its run my jaw has been on the floor while at others I can only roll my eyes at. Sometimes it just gets a bit too sappy for me nowadays.

Definitely not the best of the season. Definitely not the worst by a long shot either. I am liking TEITB group though. They bring an ominous, almost Whisperer like presence to the show. They could be anywhere at any time with as much graffiti work as they do. I wish the writers would play with that idea more, having our people run into them a bit more often.

The preview for next week looked pretty great. I'm always happy for anything involving Alicia.