Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2018, 06:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
I appreciate that, CD ,though actually her words were something like "I think you'll really like it"....not love. I can only say what my impressions have been for the last two cons based on hearing her actually speak and comparing it to her comments about other times, like S6 finale. I can't help it - that's the closest comparison I have. I'm not saying the reunion won't be good, that it won't be romantic.....by all accounts it is. I just hoped for more enthusiasm from Em.

Here's more - from today.

Obviously this came from a hater, but…..I really wish Em wouldn’t validate these people so much. I’m not saying she should be rude to them (that’s not her at all), but she doesn’t have to agree with them - or give them tidbits that makes them all giddy because now they have proof (so they believe) that she doesn’t support Rumbelle. Oh and yes, I know Rumbelle isn't real and that that kind of relationship would never work in the real world, but I still think it's feeding the haters.

The problem with her being in HH is that they would have had to separate Rumbelle in some been there/done that way. That said, they COULD have been creative. My biggest issue with this story is really that they dumped Em, who wanted to be back. Em was "fired" because of Rumple needing an arc; as much as I love his arc and that Belle has been present ,I can't say I disagree with those who are angry that she's being treated pretty much as an object, that her only purpose is to be someone for Rumple to love and to be motivated by. I'm not being overly emotional when I say this, it's just how I feel.

Yes, I agree. She SHOULD have been a part of S7, she deserved it. Newbie actors are getting the farewell tour, and Em gets nothing; she's even been ignored by the conventions. She put in 6 years of her life to this show, gave her heart and soul, and it's like she doesn't exist.

Well actually she has mixed feelings about the LOST finale...but, that's for another time. I still think she was referring to the entire finale (ONCE) and not Rumbelle reunion, but her tweet that I posted below seems rather blah and perfunctory. I've listened to several of her clips, etc. and I just sense that she's fine with the reunion, but not like she thinks it's anything special. Of course, it could be that she has completely disconnected from the show and, therefore, isn't really invested in the reunion. She's clearly not watching S7 - she doesn't even know what it's about, lol.

She did, but....., I don't know, to me Emilie blows hot and cold. She says one thing one time, another another time. For instance, she'd said several times that she loves Beauty either more or almost as much as Skin Deep, and now SD is "by far" her favorite. One con she said Rumbelle was abusive, another con she got PO'd by haters saying that kinid of thing about Rumbelle....... I'll be honest, I'm sort of glad she's not doing the con circuit; she gives me whiplash, lol
I wonder if Emilie bases her comments on what is happening on the show at the time and others tend to twist them. Maybe she thought Belle and Rumple were abusive to each other at the time or at an unhealthy point and the haters twist things around?

By the way, I sent out a tweet not naming names saying in effect to stop twisting Emilie's words around and I included her in the tweet. It just annoys me to see trolls twisting her words and asking rude questions. When they pull stuff like this and harass the actors, than they are less inclined to go to these things and engage with the fans.

Last edited by Grace52373; 04-07-2018 at 07:06 PM
Grace52373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I wonder if Emilie bases her comments on what is happening on the show at the time and others tend to twist them. Maybe she thought Belle and Rumple were abusive to each other at the time or at an unhealthy point and the haters twist things around?

By the way, I sent out a tweet not naming names saying in effect to stop twisting Emilie's words around and I included her in the tweet. It just annoys me to see trolls twisting her words and asking rude questions. When they pull stuff like this and harass the actors, than they are less inclined to go to these things and engage with the fans.
I don't know, but even if that were the case, she'd be speaking as of Beauty..........and clearly she wasn't here.

I don't believe the haters are twisting her words because she HAS said stuff like that in the past. I saw your tweet, and I sent you an ask on Tumblr (I was going to tweet you back, but didn't want to invite trouble). I think it's GROSS that she continues to get rude questions, but I also think she invites it by not putting these haters in their place. I'm not saying she has to be mean, but by validating their ideas that Rumbelle is abusive, she feeds the hate and they feel encouraged to ask her such questions because they know she will give them the answer that they want.

All that said, I was having a conversation woth my friend about this, and I started wondering about how Rumple is cursed - for centuries - so that’s what makes him/Rumbelle different (even though they are relatable and realistic also with their ups and downs). Without the curse, he wouldn’t be like that, there wouldn’t be all the issues. Of course no man or woman would hopefully stay in a relationship where one person lied much of the time and did often bad things, but because of the curse, Rumbelle isn’t exactly comparable to an ordinary relationship. Maybe that’s what Em meant, and the haters don’t understand that Rumbelle (while relatable in many ways) is not a direct comparison to an ordinary relationship

Last edited by Betsybelle; 04-08-2018 at 02:13 AM
Betsybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I just ignore the haters and tweets..people can twist things.

Mod Post: Also just to say this is a Robert Speculation/Spoiler thread, not an Emilie one

Of course Rumbelle is different from other couple's, he's had the dark one curse for centuries, it's going to make the couple different from others...

Last edited by crazy_diamond; 04-08-2018 at 03:34 AM
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:53 AM
Master Fan

In fairness, Robert has also said one thing one day and one thing another, in some of the Comic Con interviews. I don't think it's something they do consciously. They do so many interviews and talk to so many people.

He has also said in the past he doesn't know that Rumple deserves a HE. So I'm just trying to go with the flow, LOL.
Belleislove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
In fairness, Robert has also said one thing one day and one thing another, in some of the Comic Con interviews. I don't think it's something they do consciously. They do so many interviews and talk to so many people.

He has also said in the past he doesn't know that Rumple deserves a HE. So I'm just trying to go with the flow, LOL.
Sorry! I thought since it was about Rumbelle it was ok.........but I admit that it probably went a bit too far.

Last edited by Betsybelle; 04-08-2018 at 10:52 AM
Betsybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:11 AM
Master Fan

I really think she didn’t mean it wouldn’t be good just that she may have done it differently. She also said she thinks we would like it.

She said Robert tells the best jokes that she tells her daughter.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I really think she didn’t mean it wouldn’t be good just that she may have done it differently. She also said she thinks we would like it.

She said Robert tells the best jokes that she tells her daughter.
I still think she was referring to the finale as a whole, not the episode, but I DO think we're going to love it. She doesn't have context for the finale.

Yes, she did say that - and more. I'll post the entire thing in the Friendship thread.

Um, I'm warning you for what I'm about to post below; have tissues handy or a towel to cry into:

Rebecca took photos on Friday, I think - looks like the cast taking selfies. Take a look at this one........you can see Rumple lying on the ground. This is probably his death scene, from what I've heard.

The Show Must Go On - Am I the only one seeing things here? Thank you...
Old 04-08-2018, 11:34 AM
Elite Fan

It does look like it, yes.

Quote:

That's why I never get too excited when they do cons (unless they do them together). Either they are asked ridiculous questions or they say things (that may or may not be twisted by people/haters on Twitter) that upset some fans. So I always take the stuff that's said at cons with a grain of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond
Seamstress - yeah that is going to be bit hmmm, I just hoping she apologies, it's the least she could do..
That would be a start, yes. But not nearly enough. Not to me at least.

What I'm looking forward to most next week is the promo for "The Guardian" And next episode is also the buildup to 7x18, so it should be interesting on that front.

icon by me

Last edited by Seamstress90; 04-08-2018 at 12:08 PM
Seamstress90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 11:35 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I don't know, but even if that were the case, she'd be speaking as of Beauty..........and clearly she wasn't here.

I don't believe the haters are twisting her words because she HAS said stuff like that in the past. I saw your tweet, and I sent you an ask on Tumblr (I was going to tweet you back, but didn't want to invite trouble). I think it's GROSS that she continues to get rude questions, but I also think she invites it by not putting these haters in their place. I'm not saying she has to be mean, but by validating their ideas that Rumbelle is abusive, she feeds the hate and they feel encouraged to ask her such questions because they know she will give them the answer that they want.

All that said, I was having a conversation woth my friend about this, and I started wondering about how Rumple is cursed - for centuries - so that’s what makes him/Rumbelle different (even though they are relatable and realistic also with their ups and downs). Without the curse, he wouldn’t be like that, there wouldn’t be all the issues. Of course no man or woman would hopefully stay in a relationship where one person lied much of the time and did often bad things, but because of the curse, Rumbelle isn’t exactly comparable to an ordinary relationship. Maybe that’s what Em meant, and the haters don’t understand that Rumbelle (while relatable in many ways) is not a direct comparison to an ordinary relationship

I got your ask late last night and I wanted to answer back when I wasn't tired and able to answer coherently so look for my message.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:11 PM
Master Fan

Now that I look at it again, the top left one also shows Rumple - I couldn’t see this one before, but now I do. I’m already crying...

Grace, I will !
Old 04-08-2018, 12:34 PM
Master Fan

So Zelena will be there when he dies?

Thanks for the pictures. Now he just needs to go be with his Belle.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Blimey people have got good eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)

That's why I never get too excited when they do cons (unless they do them together). Either they are asked ridiculous questions or they say things (that may or may not be twisted by people/haters on Twitter) that upset some fans. So I always take the stuff that's said at cons with a grain of salt.

That would be a start, yes. But not nearly enough. Not to me at least.

What I'm looking forward to most next week is the promo for "The Guardian" And next episode is also the buildup to 7x18, so it should be interesting on that front.
on both fronts...
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 01:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Rebecca took photos on Friday, I think - looks like the cast taking selfies. Take a look at this one........you can see Rumple lying on the ground. This is probably his death scene, from what I've heard.
Ooo, do you know which epi this is? (based on epi names, I'm going to guess "homecoming", but I could also see "Leaving Storybrooke") I feel twisted being so happy about him dying , but really he is going to be with his sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Blimey people have got good eyes
I know! I don't think I would have picked up on that without you guys noticing!

Last edited by crazy_diamond; 04-09-2018 at 12:07 AM
IrishWristWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishWristWatch (View Post)
Ooo, do you know which epi this is? (based on epi names, I'm going to guess "homecoming", but I could also see "Leaving Storybrooke") I feel twisted being so happy about him dying , but really he is going to be with his sweetheart
It’s the finale.
Old 04-08-2018, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
So Zelena will be there when he dies?

Thanks for the pictures. Now he just needs to go be with his Belle.
No, she was filming that day, like the others were..........

Originally I was looking at the top left photo and saw nothing.......but I was looking at it the wrong way. Then I saw the bottom left, which was obviously Rumple.......and when I looked back up at the top, there he was.

Yes, it's the finale........and while I'm not conflicted about it in the least, it's hard to see Rumple there just...dead, as it was with Belle. But...he's at peace, physically, and spiritually.....