VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 09-10-2016, 02:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread Manu!

Title is accurate!
Old 09-10-2016, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^Indeed. Not that I'm doing anything with my weekend this week.

Tftnt!
Old 09-10-2016, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^Indeed. Not that I'm doing anything with my weekend this week.

Tftnt!
Old 09-10-2016, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Actually, right now all I'm looking forward to is finishing the awful book that I'm reading
Old 09-11-2016, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Why is it awful?
Old 09-11-2016, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's embarrassing. This girl decided to publish her thoughts and feelings in a book, but, you know, some things we should just keep to ourselves Specially if they are thoughts you had when you were 15, like how a certain actor was the love of your life and the man of your dreams. WHY would you want people to see something like that? Not to mention the book had a million grammar, punctuation and vocabulary errors, how hard is it to revise something before publishing it and sending it to people?? You know when literally everything is wrong with something?? That was this book
Old 09-11-2016, 08:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Impressive that you're still plowing through to the end!
Old 09-11-2016, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I already finished it and posted my review. The thing is, this was part of a project, in which the author sent the book to a bookstagrammer, and that person had to send the book to another bookstagrammer and so on. This was my turn to read and review it. The author was super nice so, I REALLY wanted to like the book, and I did for the...first 12 pages or so. Until she started going on about such personal stuff, I was overwhelmed by second hand embarrassment. But still, I felt uncomfortable tearing her work apart, so instead I wrote a review pointing out what was good about the book, and points to consider and improve. So, I said everything I wanted to say, but in much nicer words than I would have if it was any other author I never had contact with.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm cringing just thinking about it. But still nice of you to finish it and leave some constructive feedback!
Old 09-12-2016, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, she actually thanked me for it.

The girl who read it before me, though, seemed offended that I said reviews that only point out the good parts of a book aren't very honest to the author (who could benefit from constructive criticism) or the followers - because HER review was 100% positive I really don't get WHY people take everything personally, like, you say "I didn't like this" and they hear "If you liked this, you're stupid"
Old 09-13-2016, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't see the problem in leaving reviews that are only positive, but if you really didn't like it then leaving a positive review would've been pointless. I guess ordinarily you just wouldn't say anything but since you had to leave feedback at least you left feedback that was helpful. No idea why the other person was offended. You're not both going to like the same stuff.

Tomorrow is Wednesday which is great, cause half way to the weekend, but tomorrow my sister's fiance is staying at the house and I can't stand him. It's weird that he's staying at the house without my sister. Like they've only been together a few years and we only really see him at Christmas since they live interstate, so it's totally uncomfortable that he's here alone. Also, I just don't need to see him more than once a year.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

I need the tv season to be back already!

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 09-13-2016, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't see the problem in leaving reviews that are only positive, but if you really didn't like it then leaving a positive review would've been pointless.
^ THIS! That was EXACTLY what I meant, that when you don't like something and you choose to point out only what you did, it's not an honest review. I wasn't talking about her review or anyone else's who truly enjoyed the book as a whole, just about people who are not completely sincere for the sake of sparing the author's or the fans' feelings. And that happens a lot when it comes to "partnerships" (I don't know if that's the right word in English), people feel that because the author or the publisher was "kind" enough to let you read their book, you can't say anything bad about it, and that's just ridiculous.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep, I mean, they probably wanted you to read it to give them feedback in the first place. I like how the person was more offended than the author.

Quote:
Originally Posted by root (View Post)
I need the tv season to be back already!
It's soon isn't it? What are you watching this season?