Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2014, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, we don't know why he did it. In real life, people get cleared for temporary insanity or being under the influence. I wouldn't stop watching either way,because I like this show. The only way I'd stop watching was if they killed off Thea or Felicity.
Old 11-08-2014, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

That's why I think Oliver, Diggle and Felicity could forgive him for what happened. I don't know how Laurel would react, but Nyssa... .
Old 11-08-2014, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilove (View Post)
That's why I think Oliver, Diggle and Felicity could forgive him for what happened. I don't know how Laurel would react, but Nyssa... .
Laurel and Nyssa would have a blind rage,but out of the two of them,Laurel can see sense. If it were anyone else,she'd have compassion for a drug addict or someone on Vertigo, the Mirakuru or whatever. It's stupid to blame someone drugged out of their mind and at the end of the day, Malcolm is the problem yet again. Nyssa wouldn't give a crap-She'd kill both Roy and Malcolm.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm not sure what Malcolm has to do with anything, regardless of what explanation the writers end up giving for why Roy would be responsible for Sara's death.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 11-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Many fans still suspect that Malcolm could be involved in her death.
I wonder what happened to Roy, because on the first episode there was this guy who invented the "new" Vertigo that makes you see your worst fear. If Roy was under the influence of Vertigo, did he kill Sara because she was his worst fear?
Old 11-08-2014, 08:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Many fans still suspect that Malcolm could be involved in her death.
I wonder what happened to Roy, because on the first episode there was this guy who invented the "new" Vertigo that makes you see your worst fear. If Roy was under the influence of Vertigo, did he kill Sara because she was his worst fear?
That could be it. I'm bringing up Malcolm because he could have drugged Roy. He never liked him and obviously doesn't want him around Thea. Everyone will come after Roy because he did Malcolm's dirty work for him. Sara was in town for him,after all.

It's just a guess-I don't see why Roy would do it sober.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

Yes, I agree, for sure Malcolm realized about Sara's focus on him, so he could have tried to delete her to don't have problems and protect her daughter. But, why don't make this more complicated to the Arrow and poison his partner?
Old 11-09-2014, 11:09 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm sorry, but trying to connect Malcolm to this whole "Roy killed Sara" thing strikes me as people grasping at straws.

In order to make it seem plausible, people trying to put forth this idea have to answer the questions "when would Malcolm have drugged Roy?" and "How would he have drugged Roy without being seen?", and I haven't seen anybody do that yet.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

I find it correct to think Malcolm could be involved. We don't really know who killed Sara, because Roy's dream is not saying so much. Everyone can believe what they want... because the name of the killer is not said yet.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Absolute Fan

Just because people want to believe that Malcolm might've had something to do with this scenario doesn't make that belief rational, reasonable, or plausible.

There was absolutely no indication - even subtle - in "The Calm" that anything was 'off' about Roy, so in order for this idea to make sense, Malcolm would've had to somehow drug Roy AFTER Team Arrow stopped Vertigo and his goons and while Oliver and Felicity were visiting Diggle and Lyla in the hospital, and the way the scenes are laid out doesn't in any way facilitate that. There's probably AT MOST 30 minutes between when Sara talks to Oliver and when she's murdered (although I'm inclined to say it's more like 10-15, possibly 20), so unless you want to believe that Malcolm somehow accosted Roy at the boxing arena and was able to jab him with a needle without Felicity picking up on the altercation via her Bluetooth link, trying to connect him to this whole thing just smacks of people trying to find reasons to absolve Roy of any blame for Sara's murder.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

After the episode, I'm loving him more than before. Even if he was Sara's killer, I'd keep being happy with his character.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
After the episode, I'm loving him more than before. Even if he was Sara's killer, I'd keep being happy with his character.
I gotta disagree there... I loved Sara too much, it would've been tough for me to let it go. BUT I loved how when he believed he kill her, he was a man about it, owned up to it and was going to confess to it.
While watching though, I was pretty positive he wasn't Sara's killer. lol I'm happy it was sort of confirmed during that last scene with him and Oliver.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

What I wouldn't have liked of him being her murderer, would be the fact of how easy she died, just because "an accident" of him having Mirakuru. But I'm more than okay of the conclusion of his dreams. I'm glad that he didn't kill her.
My favorite scene of him is the one when Oliver calls him the Arsenal .
Old 11-12-2014, 08:09 PM
Absolute Fan

As much as I like Roy, I think it would've been far more interesting for the writers to have had the creative cojones to not waste this whole scenario on misdirection, especially after Guggenheim had just barely 'muddied the waters' in the interview where he talks about Tommy coming back and Laurel being the Black Canary.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
As much as I like Roy, I think it would've been far more interesting for the writers to have had the creative cojones to not waste this whole scenario on misdirection, especially after Guggenheim had just barely 'muddied the waters' in the interview where he talks about Tommy coming back and Laurel being the Black Canary.

I never took that seriously. How the hell would Tommy come back? I think that if they made Roy Sara's killer,they'd back him into a corner. However,I'd rather he be the killer than this new chick. It does nothing for me,whereas his guilt and horror was compelling to watch.

Quote:
What I wouldn't have liked of him being her murderer, would be the fact of how easy she died, just because "an accident" of him having Mirakuru. But I'm more than okay of the conclusion of his dreams. I'm glad that he didn't kill her.
My favorite scene of him is the one when Oliver calls him the Arsenal .
Same. I mean,it's a cop-out,but I questioned why he'd do it if he was in his right mind. However,it would have made more sense and been shocking to have him be Sara's killer. I love that he got called arsenal.

I have a question for comic people-Did Roy change his name to Arsenal when he joined the Teen Titans or was it in the GA comics?