Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Daphne's suspicions are right about Angelo - I just think he carries some of these character flaws that aren't so admirable, things that might still be hidden underneath the surface. And you know what - it's not even so much the fact that he didn't want to raise a daughter that was not naturally his, hell, that happens - and the fact is people don't have to take responsibility for a child that is not theirs, it does not make them a bad person per se. It's just VERY moving and admirable when they are able to see past that and do it inspite of it and I think the fact that he had the time that he did with Daphne for awhile, time to bond, that is what calls things into question for me. How can you not feel anything and just walk away?! What bothers me moreso, is that he practically was able to admit that he left because of her disability. A part of me now thinks that if it was in his character to leave Daphne because of such a thing, I'm not so sure he wouldn't have done the same thing to a natural daughter with a disability. If I were Bay, I would probably take into consideration some of these things.

That's not to say that people can't make mistakes and want to change for the better. I'm just not sure at this point that this is what Angelo is really about just yet. Do I think it would be good for Daphne to make amends with him, forgive and move forward, and for Bay to have a real relationship with her Bio dad?! Sure, and it's only natural for Bay to want that anyway. There will feel like a piece missing if she can't - and I know she'll always have John as her 'dad' but I do get that feeling of loss will always be there. That's why, for the sake of the girls, I hope that Angelo will straighten out his act. The only good thing I can maybe see coming out of the fact that Angelo was in some kind of 'financial trouble', is that we find out this is the real reason he left, not Daphne, and he just can't admit that right now.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm glad Daphne got him to admit he left partly because of her disability, even though in no way do I think that's a reason he should have left. I'm just glad she got the truth out of him. Now I really think it's going to take a lot for her to want to talk to him again, unless Angelo somehow finds a way to prove himself. Which at this point, I'm not really sure he will anytime soon..
Old 01-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope that in the end, even if things don't work out with Angelo, that Daphne at least gets some closure out of all this.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah I hope so too. She'll feel better saying what she needs to say to him and making sure he knows how she feels.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Moderator Support Team

I'm glad that she went to see Angelo and wanting to know the real truth from him and I feel bad for her in that scene.. Break my heart for her..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 01-22-2012, 05:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I felt sad for her when he basically said he did leave partly because she became deaf. Definitely not right at all.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:04 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah even it broke my heart that it shows that he felt embarrassing because of that..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 01-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am glad that Angelo didn't lie, at least. I mean, I'm glad he wasn't completely heartless in the scene, he does look conflicted like he can acknowledge that his actions hurt her deeply.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That whole scene Katie did an amazing job!
Old 01-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She did. It was like the most emotionally impactful episode of the episode.

It could be very well that Daphne is the one that did the right thing, remaining skeptical and both Regina and Bay will need her support in the end. And, Bay, might come to understand better where Daphne was coming from on the Angelo situation.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love my BB, but she did wrong tonight. I was glad she acknowledged that what did wasn't right and she felt bad about it.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah, good intentions, but BAD move with the lying gig! I was glad that she did at least show a guilty conscience - it shows character is there.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

While I didn't like her lying I'm glad she acknowledged it was wrong and went to confess to Kathryn about it. She took her punishment and was truly sorry for what she did. I do think that shows character.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly, that is what true layers are about. Characters that are innately 'good' but learn through mistakes.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with you both.