Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-21-2015, 06:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Daphne knows that Bay loves Emmett intensely and she also knows that Emmett does as well. If she went there, she'd be betraying Bay in the biggest extreme and after all the crap they did to show that twitchters are solid, I really just don't see it happening. Lizzy will troll pictures but I just don't see it happening
Old 12-21-2015, 08:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpolishchick2 (View Post)
Daphne knows that Bay loves Emmett intensely and she also knows that Emmett does as well. If she went there, she'd be betraying Bay in the biggest extreme and after all the crap they did to show that twitchters are solid, I really just don't see it happening. Lizzy will troll pictures but I just don't see it happening
Bay & Emmett will always love each other. Emmett said as much to Travis in Mexico, and Bay shared the same sentiment with Regina after her "fake" art opening. The love that Bay & Emmett have for each other will always be true.

But life moves on. People change. And they let go.

If Daphne & Emmett happen, the writers will make sure it does NOT cause problems for the switchsters. You are correct that, for some reason, the switchster love is the most important thing of all to these writers. Daphne & Emmett will only happen with Bay's blessing.

Bay will have moved on with her life.

I do not think that intense love that you perceive Bay having for Emmett will be burning in the same way from this point forward. Bay's love for Emmett will evolve from that jealous, passionate, romantic love into a more selfless and unconditional love in future seasons.

When I look at the words Bay said to Travis, when he revealed his feelings to her, I sense that something big is going to happen between Bay & Travis in Season 5:
BAY: Why do you keep doing this? Do you really think that I'm so pathetic that I can't do anything for myself? My first-ever commission was a lady who just wanted to get close to me to kidnap her kid back, and now I find out that the only expert who's ever validated my work was paid off? I feel like a five-year-old who just found out her parents paid kids to come to her birthday party!

TRAVIS: You had such a tough year. I just wanted to give you a great night.

BAY: But I want to earn it, or else it doesn't mean anything. Don't you get that? Why do you keep interfering in my life? I know that you mean well, Travis, I do, but you have got to stop. Okay? You've got to.

TRAVIS: I can't.

BAY: What do you mean you can't? Why not?

TRAVIS: Because I'm in love with you.

BAY: That's ridiculous. You're confused.

TRAVIS: I'm not confused.

BAY: We both had our hearts broken at the same time. We were miserable together.

TRAVIS: It's not that.

BAY: And I was the first person you told about something very painful that happened to you, and I'm glad that you did, but that doesn't mean that you and I are

TRAVIS: It wasn't that either.

BAY: And then we both grew apart from Emmett, which was hard, which was really hard.

TRAVIS: I woke up one day and realized that I was in love with you.

BAY: Well, you can't be.

TRAVIS: When I first met you, I thought you were this rich, beautiful, hearing girl from the perfect family. Everything opposite of me. But the more I got to know you....

BAY: You saw that none of that was real.

TRAVIS: No, it is real. But there's so much more to you. You're weird and you're brave and you're smart

BAY: Travis, I am in the middle of admittedly my fake art opening.

TRAVIS: I know I've messed up a lot lately. And maybe now that I've told you, I'll stop. But I love you, Bay.

BAY: Even if I did feel, I couldn't do that to Mary Beth.

TRAVIS: She broke up with me.

BAY: Well, then I couldn't do it to Emmett. I made a promise to him that we wouldn't torture each other!

TRAVIS: Don't use him as an excuse. You decide how you feel about me. Don't tell me that's not real.
Why would the writers pen that big scene between Bay & Travis, if it is not going somewhere this season?

And if Bay decides that she DOES love Travis, and that love is as real as Travis proclaims, then that is it for Bay & Emmett.

Bay's relationship with Emmett was during high school. Bay's relationship with Travis will be as an adult.

Bay cannot have a mature, sexual relationship with Travis, and then, turn around to have another one with Emmett later. It would be different if the two men were not brothers, but since they do consider themselves brothers, it would be weird.

Just look at the two scenes where both men kiss Bay.

In Season 1, Emmett approaches Bay at Buckner and gives her a gentle kiss where he proclaims, "I like you."

In Season 4, Travis approaches Bay at her art opening and gives her a passionate kiss where he proclaims, "I love you."

To me, it looks like Bay is about to embark on the second great love of her life with Travis. And the writers have penned it in such a way that Emmett has given Bay his blessing.

If things continue to move forward in this direction, Bay would give Emmett her blessing for him to be with Daphne, too.

I would love to see Bay reunite with Emmett. I wish I saw a natural way for the writers to do it, one that would feel real and satisfying.

As it is, the only possibility I can see is a time jump during the last episode of the series, where things fast forward 20 years, and we see Emmett return for Bay (perhaps after Bay & Travis have come to their own natural ending).

It could be that Emmett will disappear from the show altogether. Maybe we will learn that he married Skye (or someone else) off screen. I don't know.

If Emmett is still a part of Switched at Birth, then our choice seems to be that fast-forward-20-years-into-the-future scenario OR discovering that Daphne & Emmett are the show's end game.

As much as I would give anything for Bay & Emmett to run into each other's arms and spend Season 5 together as a couple, I don't believe that's going to happen anymore.

It's ironic, too. When I go back and look at all of the episodes in Season 4A, I really believed that the writers were setting up a scenario where Emmett was going to tell Bay that he could understand what happened with Tank.

And then There Is My Heart aired, and Emmett didn't say that.

Everything seemed to conspire to pull Bay & Emmett apart, and for whatever reason, they were not strong or wise enough to prevent it from happening. I would have thought that what they went through after Emmett cheated on Bay would have made them strong enough to get through what happened with Tank. It really seemed that was going to be the show's message. I guess not, though.

Now, I am picking up clues that Bay & Emmett's love for each other is going to evolve into the selfless kind.

Who knows with these writers though. They switch directions in midstream all of the time.

As much as I want one, I will be surprised if we ever see a Bay & Emmett wedding, though. It doesn't feel like the direction the writers are moving.

I think we will see Bay & Emmett marry other people, before we will ever see them marry each other. Or perhaps neither of them will ever marry at all.

With the way Kathryn was talking to John in Season 4B, I do believe we will see a Daphne wedding before the series ends. Daphne was in that wedding dress in the episode when Angelo dies, too, The Image Disappears.

Perhaps Daphne will marry Mingo. That's what Kathryn thought. If we are not going to see a Bay & Emmett wedding, though, then I would rather see Daphne marry Emmett.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

We may have to see
Old 12-28-2015, 10:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

As I said.. I support a friendship with Emmett and Daphne, mainly because I know what a romance can do to a friendship like this. This is very much similar to Dawson and Joey, grew up together, each other's security blankets. Romance ruins the friendship and I don't want them Daphne and Emmett. Dawson and Joey were ruined when they tried to push their friendship in more than it was..
Old 12-30-2015, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpolishchick2 (View Post)
As I said.. I support a friendship with Emmett and Daphne, mainly because I know what a romance can do to a friendship like this. This is very much similar to Dawson and Joey, grew up together, each other's security blankets. Romance ruins the friendship and I don't want them Daphne and Emmett. Dawson and Joey were ruined when they tried to push their friendship in more than it was..
Well I am not sure on DJ but that just me lol
Old 01-17-2016, 06:11 PM
Master Fan

It's funny how much things can change in a month.

I have re-watched episodes, reviewed scripts, and seen the commentary in social media, and I am no longer a fan of Emmett.

It wasn't that long ago that I was disappointed in Emmett for forgiving Daphne. Now, I am disappointed in Daphne for forgiving Emmett.

If Daphne turns bad again, then I would still support a Daphne & Emmett romance. It would be twisted, but it would also be interesting to watch.

I don't think Daphne is going to turn bad again, though. I think she will continue to redeem herself and be a good character from here on out. I even predict that Daphne will work quietly behind the scenes to help Bay have a better life.

So what's left for Daphne and Emmett's friendship?

Now that my feelings for Emmett have changed, I'd rather their friendship be over and the two avoid each other. Emmett gave Daphne some stupid t-shirt and she told him she missed him. Daphne needs to be more protective of Bay than that. Emmett treated Daphne's sister like garbage, why is she forgiving him in exchange for a t-shirt?

I hope Daphne and Emmett do not see each other in Season 5, but if they do, I hope Daphne continues to give Emmett hell for what he did to Bay.

I wish Emmett would stay in LA, away from the Switched at Birth cameras. I love Sean Berdy, but even his performance isn't worth being subjected to more Emmett.

It's so weird. I spent the last three and a half years wishing to see more of Emmett. Now that I don't want to see his character on the screen any more, I have this fear that he is going to have a big season.

Once upon a time, not that long ago, my second biggest desire for Switched at Birth, second only to Bay & Emmett having babies together, was a scene with Bay, Daphne, and Emmett all hanging out together.

Now that it's near the bottom of my list, watch the writers give it to us this season anyway. The writers seem to love nothing more than giving us what we want, after they've already destroyed it. That's Switched at Birth.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
It's funny how much things can change in a month.

I have re-watched episodes, reviewed scripts, and seen the commentary in social media, and I am no longer a fan of Emmett.
And a month after THAT, I am a fan of Emmett again.

I love how easy it is to look at a situation from so many different points of view. That's one of my favorite things about Switched at Birth.

I definitely miss Daphne and Emmett's friendships. It's part of the foundation of the show. I need it to be strong again.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And a month after THAT, I am a fan of Emmett again.

I love how easy it is to look at a situation from so many different points of view. That's one of my favorite things about Switched at Birth.

I definitely miss Daphne and Emmett's friendships. It's part of the foundation of the show. I need it to be strong again.
Yeah well we would actually need to see them in scenes first lol
Old 02-28-2016, 02:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
Yeah well we would actually need to see them in scenes first lol
Yeah, I guess we will have to wait and see.

Do you have a favorite Daphne & Emmett moment?

I love the moment when Emmett urged Daphne to face her demons with Angelo.

I adore their rap in ASL, before the uprising.

And I like the moment when the door seems to shut on the potential for romance between them, when Daphne tells Emmett that she cares about Liam, and Emmett, with pain in his eyes, advises Daphne not to call on him again the next time she is in trouble.

You could almost hear the door slamming on the possibility of a future for them.

I either want for Daphne & Emmett to share a romance one day or become like brother and sister. I'm not sure which road they're supposed to travel together. I guess we'll see.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

Yeah, I guess we will have to wait and see.

Do you have a favorite Daphne & Emmett moment?

I love the moment when Emmett urged Daphne to face her demons with Angelo.

I adore their rap in ASL, before the uprising.

And I like the moment when the door seems to shut on the potential for romance between them, when Daphne tells Emmett that she cares about Liam, and Emmett, with pain in his eyes, advises Daphne not to call on him again the next time she is in trouble.

You could almost hear the door slamming on the possibility of a future for them.

I either want for Daphne & Emmett to share a romance one day or become like brother and sister. I'm not sure which road they're supposed to travel together. I guess we'll see.
At this point yeah
Old 06-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
At this point yeah
I have this awful feeling that we aren't going to see Emmett much at all this season.

I'd love to explore Emmett's friendship with Daphne more, but now, I think it will always just be something that existed before the story begins, and not something we ever really see explored on the show. Season 1A and 1B are pretty much all we get of Daphne and Emmett's friendship. Beginning in Season 1C, Daphne goes off to date other people. She doesn't pay much attention to Emmett after she meets Chef Jeff, Jace, etc.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I have this awful feeling that we aren't going to see Emmett much at all this season. I'd love to explore Emmett's friendship with Daphne more, but now, I think it will always just be something that existed before the story begins, and not something we ever really see explored on the show. Season 1A and 1B are pretty much all we get of Daphne and Emmett's friendship. Beginning in Season 1C, Daphne goes off to date other people. She doesn't pay much attention to Emmett after she meets Chef Jeff, Jace, etc.
I hope not I would love to see him
Old 06-09-2016, 02:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I hope not I would love to see him
Me, too.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Me, too.
here is hoping
Old 06-12-2016, 09:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
here is hoping
It's so frustrating to have such a wide variety of things I wanted to see with Emmett's character, and none of them ever came to fruition.