Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-22-2015, 02:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Nooooo, that would mean Bemmet has no chance to be an endgame, it would be too weird! 😩
Old 11-22-2015, 04:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee&tv (View Post)
Nooooo, that would mean Bemmet has no chance to be an endgame, it would be too weird! ������
I believe that the writers may choose for Bay to have a sexual relationship with Travis, who Melody calls Emmett's brother. If so, I do not see how Daphne & Emmett will destroy Bay & Emmett's chances any more than Bay & Travis. In my mind, if Bay & Emmett can recover from Bay & Travis being a couple, then they can recover from Daphne & Emmett being a couple, too.

I'm with you, though. I don't like any of it.

To me, it isn't realistic that Bay would date Emmett's "brother" Travis. I am really hoping that the writers don't go there with Bay & Travis. I'm only saying that if the writers do go there, then they might as well go there for Daphne & Emmett, too. I have always wondered what Daphne & Emmett would be like romantically. And it would be interesting to see a romantic relationship between two Deaf characters. I never felt like Daphne & Travis got off the ground.

If Bay still has any real feelings for Emmett whatsoever (and she indicated to Regina that she still does), then Bay will NOT date Emmett's brother.

Unfortunately, I believe the writers may choose to have Bay finally use the "L" word with a man other than Emmett and tell Travis that she loves him--because I believe the writers do not want Bay to reunite with Emmett until Bay has truly fallen in love with at least one other person in her life. And Bay never used the "L" word with Ty.

I believe that's what instigated this whole Travis thing in the writers' minds. They felt a need to have Bay fall in love with one more man, other than Emmett, and they felt Travis would be perfect in that role. My guess is that once Bay falls for someone else, then the writers will feel free to allow Bay to end up with Emmett (or someone else).

I am guessing that the writers do not want Bay to go through her whole life having only loved one man. If that's the case, then I do wish the writers would allow Daphne & Emmett to finally have a go at a romance, too. It won't happen. The writers will never put Daphne & Emmett together. But I wish that they would.

I'd rather watch Daphne & Emmett fall in love than watch Bay & Travis fall in love.

I do not like to think of people as being too good (or not good enough) for someone, but it is difficult not to think of it that way, in this case. With the way that the writers have chosen to write both Daphne and Emmett, as rather despicable human beings, as of late. Bay really does seem too good for Emmett, and Daphne seems just right for him. Both Daphne & Emmett are selfish and self-centered characters. Both Daphne & Emmett are fickle and shallow.

Bay does not have any of those negative qualities.

Travis has been a good guy lately. He is earnest and sincere. He is loyal. He would never cheat on Bay. He would never abandon Bay. Travis loves Bay sincerely. And I do not think Bay will ever cheat on anyone ever again either.

Travis is going to be a successful baseball player. He is close to both of Bay's parents and her sister and brother. Travis still needs to get to know Regina a little better, but he will.

Travis appears perfect for Bay. And to make matters even better, Bay was completely blown away by Travis's kiss. Emmett's first kiss with Bay was gentle and included an "I like you." Travis's first kiss with Bay was passionate and included an "I love you." Travis appears to be the one for Bay, if not forever, at least for the next few years.

If so, in the meantime, I'd like to see Daphne & Emmett as a couple. We probably won't, because the writers do not want to write for Emmett's character anymore. But I sure would like to have seen it.

I remember Daphne & Emmett's kiss at the car wash. I wonder if Emmett remembers it. I wonder what he thinks about it. I wonder what Daphne thinks about it. Sometimes I wonder if that is why Daphne has had such difficulty with all of her boyfriends. I wonder if Daphne still has feelings for Emmett.

I wish the writers explored the characters' inner thoughts more. What did you think of the Daphne & Emmett friendship video?

Last edited by ollibear; 11-22-2015 at 05:36 PM
Old 11-23-2015, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

So I just watched the first episode of this show, kind of by accident but I loved their friendship.
Emily
Old 11-23-2015, 03:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool Prophet (View Post)
So I just watched the first episode of this show, kind of by accident but I loved their friendship.
Welcome!

The first 22 episodes of Switched at Birth are beautiful. I wish that I could watch them all over again for the first time.

Let us know what you think!

Daphne and Emmett's friendship is special. I hope it continues in Season 5.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I believe that the writers may choose for Bay to have a sexual relationship with Travis, who Melody calls Emmett's brother. If so, I do not see how Daphne & Emmett will destroy Bay & Emmett's chances any more than Bay & Travis. In my mind, if Bay & Emmett can recover from Bay & Travis being a couple, then they can recover from Daphne & Emmett being a couple, too.

I wish the writers explored the characters' inner thoughts more. What did you think of the Daphne & Emmett friendship video?
It didn't play, an error occurred

I don't buy the whole "brothers" business between them. Melody can say whatever she wants, they can live in the same house, but their bond is just not there. If they truly felt like that, Travis would never make a move with Bay. They weren't even that close in school.

I like your idea about one more love for Bay. I feel like they're trying to make Travis more like John, with the baseball thing, potentially being successful and providing for her the way she's used to and mimic this way her parents marriage. But she needs (in my opinion) someone more like Angelo- artistic, a bit crazy, somebody she'll want to dance with. And Travis can't dance

I don't know how the writers would make Daphne and Emmett's relationship to work with them being so far away from each other. I feel like they're past the stage of being potentially in love and trying to focus on making their friendship stronger. And whilst Daphne and Bay can joke about how good of a kisser Travis is, I don't think Bay would be OK with sharing bedroom stories.

Should she know about D+E kiss?
Old 12-15-2015, 10:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

I did enjoy Emmett and Daphne's friendship before and I was glad some distance between them made them not as close. They lost the dependency on each other and I was glad for that. I hope in the new season, Daphne encourages Emmett to fight for Bay.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpolishchick2 (View Post)
I did enjoy Emmett and Daphne's friendship before and I was glad some distance between them made them not as close. They lost the dependency on each other and I was glad for that. I hope in the new season, Daphne encourages Emmett to fight for Bay.
Yeah same here.. I also too miss their friendship.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't think that's going to happen since daphne seems all for bay and Travis.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
Unfortunately I don't think that's going to happen since daphne seems all for bay and Travis.
I still wonder if the writers haven't decided to make Daphne & Emmett the show's One True Pair.

Why else annihilate Bay & Emmett so completely?

Just so Bay can be with Travis? Really?

Travis?

But then, in interviews, Lizzy Weiss says things like:
TVLINE | As for Bay and Emmett, is that the end? He seemed to set her free, so to speak, to be with Travis.

There are a lot of vocal “Bemmett” fans, but there are also a lot of equally vocal fans who think their time has passed, and that maybe Bay and Travis would make an amazing couple. … You’re right that Emmett set her free for now. And what was really important for that moment, for me, was that Emmett basically apologizes for not standing by her with the Tank episode. He’s just a kid himself, and he had his own set of issues and feelings when that happened with Tank. With some distance, he now realizes how Bay felt about him not standing by her. I love that scene for the moment when he says, “Here are all of the things you’ve gone through this year, and you’re still standing and doing great.” It’s a testament to their relationship in the long run.
And I read that and think she means for Bay & Emmett to be the show's One True Pair.

But I swear, the writers have ruined Bay & Emmett so completely, that I really want something fresh and new. And it is NOT Bay & Travis.

I want Daphne & Emmett. It's everything that the writers never meant to do, if you ask me. But they've set up the situation perfectly so that they could do it, if they chose to do so. If Bay can date Travis, then Emmett can date Daphne. There's really no difference.

And it would tie together so many loose threads, like Daphne's reaction when Bay & Emmett got together in the first place. And Daphne telling Bay to let Emmett go, right before the motorcycle show. (Hey, that's just like Melody telling Emmett to let Bay go, right before the art show.) I remember when that scene happened, before the motorcycle show, that Bay wondered if Daphne was telling her to let Emmett go, so that Daphne could hook up with Emmett herself. Daphne asked Bay, "Why do you always think that?"

A Daphne & Emmett hook up now, could certainly bring that scene full circle.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

I support Daphne and Emmett being friends.. Nothing more. That possible romantic ship has sailed.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I support Daphne and Emmett being friends.. Nothing more. That possible romantic ship has sailed.
Not for me.

The writers have so totally destroyed Bay & Emmett that I believe I might rather have Daphne & Emmett than a reboot of Bay & Emmett now.

Perhaps the writers can find some way to make me believe in Bay & Emmett again. I would love it if they could. I keep trying, really trying, to believe in Bay & Emmett.

But if I am being honest with myself, I want Bay & Emmett to be back together solely because I miss how I once felt about Emmett, not because I believe that Bay & Emmett belong back together. I'm turned off by the way both of them treated their love and each other.

To me, Bay & Emmett's love doesn't feel deep anymore. With the way their story has been written, neither one of them want to fight for their love. True, Emmett fought for a couple of years, after he cheated, and I believed in them then. But Emmett is not fighting for Bay's love now. Instead Emmett abandoned Bay and finally completely let Bay go.

And Bay won't fight for their love either. She talks about Emmett with such contempt in her voice. She blames him for everything that went wrong between them, both times.

Perhaps that is because Daphne is the person who was always meant to be with Emmett. I would love to see two Deaf characters fall in love. I cannot believe that the show has never featured a relationship like that, not with any of the major characters or the minor ones.

Plus, Bay's character is all about the self-sacrifice. If the writers want to make Bay taking the fall for Daphne have true resonance, then losing Emmett to Daphne because of it makes that decision as deep and meaningful as any decision could ever get.
Old 12-20-2015, 05:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

The writers have NOT destroyed Bay and Emmett, Amy. That is your opinion. Daphne and Emmett work well as friends. I know from personal experience, its sometimes better to not mix romance with a long friendship, it can really mess up the bond of friendship.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

i feel if they wanted to go there, they would have already
Old 12-20-2015, 09:05 PM
Addicted Fan

Romantic daphne and Emmett is not something I ever see happening this late in the series.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
Romantic daphne and Emmett is not something I ever see happening this late in the series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
i feel if they wanted to go there, they would have already
Perhaps it is a pipe dream. I don't think so, though.

The writers have alluded to something being there between them, over the seasons. All along, it has been out there, waiting in the ether to form, to take shape.

The time is ripe for a romantic Daphne & Emmett, if you ask me.

In the beginning, both the New York Times critic Emily Nussbaum and the AV Club critic Carrie Raisler thought that was the way the series would eventually end. They both believed Lizzy Weiss and company had set up an eventual Daphne & Emmett end game. And it took them both a good long while to eventually relent that perhaps they had been wrong.

I do not think a romantic Daphne & Emmett coupling is something the writers ever intended to happen. I do believe that the writers have so completely destroyed Bay & Emmett that it is their only option left, if they want the show to have any sort of message of true love in the end.

If the writers really do want to showcase Bay's deep and abiding love for Daphne (and that seems to be a big plot point in the series), the way to do it is to have Bay give her blessing to a Daphne & Emmett end game romance. That does a lot more to illustrate Bay's love for her switchster than taking the fall for the vandalism ever did.

Plus, with what has been done to date, I do not think that Bay & Emmett's love can be both satisfying and believable with the amount of time the writers have left in the series.

I believe Daphne & Emmett's love could be both satisfying and believable.

For the writers, the icing on the cake is that it is such a big switch from the beginning of the series, and Lizzy Weiss prides herself on these kinds of reversals.

Originally, we all thought that the switch was meant to bring Bay & Emmett together. That it was destiny. At their high school graduation, Emmett even thanked Daphne for being switched, so he could meet Bay. But Bay & Emmett were ALWAYS going to meet and be friends. It's Daphne who Emmett never would have met, if it were not for the switch.

On the day Emmett marries Daphne, I could see him thanking Bay for being switched, just like he thanked Daphne at his high school graduation. Lizzy Weiss loves those reversals. If she eventually writes the story to go that way, she will probably tweet about the switch with pride. She usually does.

At this point, any Bay & Emmett ending that the writers could possibly devise will be both cliche and trite. That's a deadly combination to the quality of their TV series overall. The writers do not want to have the resolution of their most important love story be that predictable and commonplace.

In my opinion, the writers have taken Bay & Emmett's relationship too far down the path of destruction for them to reel it back in and say, "And they lived happily ever after."

It's too late for that now, unless the writers are willing to accept some grade-school truism as the overall theme to their series.

Whereas a Daphne & Emmett resolution would be shocking to the audience, and it would feel the way real life DOES go. All along, we think we have one thing, and often, we find out that we have another.

It reminds me of the Miss Universe pageant tonight. Miss Colombia was crowned the winner, only to learn that the crown really belongs to Miss Philippines.

If the writers go with this Bay & Travis story, I could totally see Emmett being crushed by it, and Daphne comforting him as a friend. In a situation like that, quite often one thing leads to another.

The writers could make a believable Daphne & Emmett romance to end the series, if they want to do so.

Out of the amigos, Bay has always been the most saintly character of the three. I could see her brand of selfless love allowing her to once and for all give Daphne & Emmett her blessing.

In the beginning, Emmett said he didn't want a Deaf Bay. That is the only thing Lizzy Weiss and company have yet to reverse about Bay & Emmett's love affair. From my eyes, the writers have reversed (and sometimes obliterated) every thing else that made Bay & Emmett's romance special.

Isn't Daphne actually a Deaf Bay?

We thought the Deaf Bay was Robin, the girl at the motorcycle show, but maybe the Deaf Bay has been Daphne all along. And maybe Emmett will want Daphne after all.

I would like for someone to find true love on the show. I don't see how it can be Bay & Emmett now. I am not interested in Bay & Travis, or Skye & Emmett for that matter.

Daphne & Emmett is a couple I could support, if they found true love together, in the wake of Bay exploring a romantic relationship with Travis.