View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 01:44 PM
ring of fire
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marytill (View Post)
but it is unfair for us to put the actors down simple because they happen to appear in disney movie, such as lucas till or liam case -- the movie target younger audience not us or adults. And praise Josh's acting skill to sky high which he is not, just simple he was in adults movie for oscar buzz ( even not a major role)
Have you ever seen Josh's movies? He's not the perfect Peeta in my mind either but I know he can act. At least I want someone who can do justice to the role and not some pretty blond boy who can't act (I'm not talking about any actor, it's just an example). And he has been in movies for kids too like Journey to The Center of the Earth or Bridge to Terabithia.

And I don't think "The Kids Are Alright" it's the best movie to show his acting skills. I saw him in the unknown movie "Winged Creatures" and he's really good in it. His character never speaks but you can really see what he's feeling or thinking.
That movie gave me hope that he can play this part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ‘ChelsღChina (View Post)
For me it has nothing to do with looks. It's all about the chemistry and the acting. If Liam out acts Josh here or his chemistry is stronger with Jennifer than Josh's is then...

If they get Peeta right they're not going to have to worry about anything like that. It's a big if though.
People were worried about the looks. I wasn't talking about chemistry. And it doesn't matter if the actor they choose for Peeta has lots of chemistry with JL. Some people are still going to be shallow and choose Gale/Katniss if the actor that plays Gale is hotter. Besides chemistry is subjective.

And we don't know yet which actor is going to have more chemistry with Jennifer.

And I saw Liam in "The Last Song" and I can't see him as Gale at all. But if they chose JL for Katniss anything can happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarafina* (View Post)
One thing that gives me comfort is that they did do screen tests for each one of them with Jennifer. While the romance is definitely not the most important part of the book, it is still vital, and I would be shocked if Gary chose someone with absolutely no chemistry with Jennifer. He knows this business and I am sure he is aware that the romance will be a major marketing factor to the younger audiences.

I keep thinking and thinking on why they would cast Josh over the others (if they do cast him) and the only reason I can think of is that he must have had a real kick ass audition like Jennifer did. It would be easier to cast someone who was a fan favorite and its not like Josh has an advantage like a big BO record or an Oscar nomination like Jennifer does. And I speak for mostly everybody when I say there was absolutely no way that the director/casting agents looked at him at said, "That's Peeta." If he gets it, it has to be because he performed better than the others. I can't think of any other reason. That's why I think Ross had him in mind since his audition, and they brought Jennifer in for screen tests with everybody to see if they had chemistry, and I am assuming their screen test was enough for Ross.

I've always loved Josh as an actor but I agree its an odd choice. I'm glad they are taking acting seriously, and I am guessing he had to had been great to be 'the front runner.' I feel like I should stop thinking about this.
THIS!

It would have been much easier to cast a fan favorite but I'd rather them to choose someone who can play the role and do justice to it than someone who looks physically exactly like Peeta but doesn't play the part very well. I care too much about the role and I love Peeta for who he is, not because he has blond hair.

I know we all want the character to look like the book and I'm sure they are going to do some make overs but I care a lot more about the story and the characters than the looks.