Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2014, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Home was... beyond words. It's like a time capsule, everything was exactly how I had left it two months ago. It was weird and wonderful at the same time. I didn't have much time there, I had to run to do the interview right away when I got there. And after that I shopped like a woman possessed. It's odd to have money to spend! And then I came back today after I had done the second interview. It was fine, I didn't know how to relax there anyways, because I couldn't stay. I know it's crazy to pay the rent when I can't be there sometimes for months. But it's really important that I have that place there that's my very own.

And no I am not bad with cars! I've just never owned a car or had to drive that much, especially in a city. I just need practice. But it went fine, it's a long drive and I had to drive there alone, but then my cousin came back with me so I had company coming back.

Oh my goddd, he graduated!!!! What! Are you sure, that can't be true? Jesus where did the time go. Tell him congratulations from me!!! And I'm sending him a hug too! Wow. This is so so amazing, he's officially a chef now. What did you do, did you celebrate?
Old 06-20-2014, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

I totally get it. It's important to have your own space. You sound so happy. So what did you buy?

I know!! I can't believe it either. The two years just flew by. It's a little scary. But we're all very happy for him. We took him to his favorite restaurant to celebrate. Even his sister showed up. It was awesome.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was happy, it was the happiest I've been all year probably. And it was the first time in two months I got to be by myself for a whole day. Oh I bought clothes, lots of clothes. And ballerina flats. PURPLE!

Aww that's so wonderful! He deserves a good celebrations, this is a huge thing! So what's next, what is he going to do with his new title?

Oh Happy Midsummer's day!!! Or Juhannus as we call it. I don't know if you celebrate it, but it's our second biggest holiday. Even my mom is keeping the store closed for two whole days and it was open Friday for only 4 hours! Most people here have been celebrating since Thursday night and will probably continue until Sunday night. Basically everybody lives for this holiday, thinking about it gets people through the dark and cold winter. Though this year we're having the chilliest Juhannus in 30 years, yesterday it was only 4 degrees and it rained the entire day. In some parts of the country it has been snowing. So that was a bummer. We've taken it easy, cooked a lot of good food and I baked a cake of course. Strawberry and cherry white chocolate mousse layer cake. And I baked some lemon cookies too. Mostly I've just been relaxing though, reading my book. Since it's been raining I've had a good excuse.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:00 PM
Master Fan

Its really good to see you happy. Its been a while. Maybe you should try and make the trip home more often.

He can start living his dream now. He said he wants to enjoy his vacation before he thinks about the rest of his life.

You guys have the best holidays. I am glad you finally had some time to enjoy life. You've been working waay too much.
We have a long weekend coming up next week. I am looking forward to it. I miss sleeping in and doing nothing.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wish, but it's not that easy to just go there, it's far and the bus and train connections in the summer time are awful. And also, it sucks even more when I have to leave again so soon. I'm definitely going to try and go back next month though.

Excellent plan, he has time to think later. He deserves a good break.

This week is easier, I have a lot of overtime hours I need to use. And the store got slow again so no more after work trips to get more flowers. I actually came home today at 4 pm just to cook a meal! On a weekday! So weird.

Ohh so you have a holiday too? That's awesome! Are you really going to just rest? You must have some plans! How has work been? Ready for some vacation time already?
Old 06-23-2014, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

Just ask for the car so you can drive there again. I think it will be worth it. You need your space even if its for a little while.

Its always like when you get some free time you arent used to or havent had in a long time. It completely feels weird at first. So how long is that gonna last?

I am ready for vacation but I dont know when I am gonna get it. So I am trying to enjoy my weekend as much as I can. We flew to a different city this last weekend for a onerepublic concert. Worth every penny. They were incredible. The script and American authors opened for them. It was outside and the weather was actually nice for once. Had the best time. But it made us miss our girl a lot. They were her favorite band. She would've loved every second of it.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't get a car from work for personal trips! And it doesn't matter anyways, my first contract ends Friday and I start my next job Monday. And that's a bit more tricky since it's in the next village and I don't yet know how to get there or where to stay in there. The little extra free time is going to last this week and then I don't know, it will depend on if I need to travel there daily or if I can sleep some nights in there.

Omg you went to see One republic and The Script!! I loove those bands! It must have been amazing, why didn't you tell me!! You've been to a lot of concerts lately. Did you take any pics?
I think I remember having a conversation about One republic with her, she must have posted about them in the Fangirl thread. She loved so many things with a crazy passion, I lost track. Music has that effect, it doesn't just bring back memories, it gives them a soundtrack and sometimes that makes it all even sadder. But I'm so happy you went to the concert.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:42 PM
Master Fan

I forgot it was the company car. Never mind then. I cant believe you are starting your second job already. I am sure you'll figure something out. You always do.

Yes we did. I think I just forgot to mention it. And of course we didnt take any pics. At least i know i didnt. I am not into taking concert pics. I find them useless. Unless I meet the artist, then thats a bit different. But I have to say I was quite impressed. They are amazing live. Just like their cd. Most of the songs were from their last album which I really liked. The crowd was awesome. It was just a good time all around.
Music makes me think of her a lot cause there is nothing she liked more. And she was into a lot of weird ones too. 😊
Old 06-25-2014, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Two months went by super fast didn't they. I've delegated looking for a place to stay to my mom, she's been calling some places. But it's a small village and there aren't many possibilities. If nothing comes up before Monday then I just have to borrow my mom's car, it's 30-40 minute drive, depends on the traffic and reindeer's on the road.

But I would've liked to have seen a picture! They're not useless. I bet they are so great live, it's the kind of music you have to sing along to. I really need to give their new album another listen, I've been meaning to. I wish they'd come to Finland too, I would go see them for sure.
And don't I know it. I will never ever be able to listen to Sexy and I know it without thinking about her. And that is such a weird song to remember her by, but it was the last one she ever shared with me and somehow that's sort of become her song.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

Wow!! Going from working next door to another town. There is really no happy medium for you. Hope it works out for ya. And how long is that other job? 2 months too?

I know. I rather enjoy the concert instead of worrying about taking a good shot. I mean if I was in the front row, suure. But I wasnt. And you are right, they sound even better live. They knew how to engage the crowd, sharing stories. It was just a blast. If they came back tomorrow, I would go see them all over again.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Two months, it was two two and two originally, but now that my contract will be continued it's four for the rest of the year. It sounds very complicated, I know. But yeah, it's far, but I have to go right. It's work in my field and I need the experience. Couldn't have imagined in January I'd be working 8 months this year. I was so depressed and ready to give up on ever finding work. This is so much better even if getting to work is going to be a little problematic.

Aww, you're making me want to see them even more. I have to give up on going to any summer festivals this year. Can't even go to the one in my city, cause I'll be here.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

Guess what? My senior friend won the freaking lottery. He actually won. He was in the newspaper and everything. It was surreal. He is so happy and overwhelmed. He invited us to dinner tomorrow.

Wanted to share that little news. I think its the most exciting news that happened to us this year.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Are you serious!! How much did he win? Are we talking millions? That is the best news I've ever heard and I don't even know your friend! I'm so happy for him I cried a little. What is he going to do, has he been able to start thinking yet what to do with his winnings? Wow. Sometimes good things do happen to those who deserve them.

Thanks for sharing, that made my day!

I've ripped off all the wallpaper in my bedroom today. The renovation continues.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:57 AM
Master Fan

Yes millions. 8 million dollars to be exact. He hasn't had time to think about everything yet. He is going through the motions right now. And of course he has to deal with some family members that are showing up all of sudden. Fun how that works huh? But I am not worried. I am sure he is going to be fine.

Oh yeah, how is the renovation going? What are you gonna do next?
Steven is going through a phase like that with our kitchen. He has moved things around and sold some cabinets. It took me forever to make breakfast yesterday morning cause I could t find any of the spices and pans.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh my god, that's insane! WOW. Someone you know actually won the lottery, that really happens to real people! And we were just talking about what we would do if we won. I guess it's not that easy when it actually happens, you want to be smart about it. And yeah, people who normally wouldn't speak to you suddenly want to be your best friends. That can't be fun. I hope things will go well and he gets to love out his dreams.

Next we're going to paint the window frames in my bedroom and put on a new wallpaper. We already ordered it too, it's really pretty! But that's probably a project for next weekend.
He's sold cabinets? Is he getting new ones to replace them or did you have too many? New is always good of course. Is he getting restless now that he's graduated?

I started my new job today btw. I had to borrow my mom's car and drive there. Still haven't found a place to stay in there that I can afford, it's turning out to be really difficult. Tomorrow I'm getting a ride with a relative, but god, she's leaving 6 am already.