Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2015, 08:36 AM
Elite Fan

Love the gifset!!
Old 03-05-2015, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyHeart (View Post)
Agreed.

Ikr. I noticed that lots of people used to love it but since it's permanently gone downhill more and more stopped watching it (me too). It's sad but the writers don't seem to get that they're pushing the show in the wrong direction. Talking about TVD just has this bitter taste now. Atleast we can rewatch the previous seasons.
It really is a shame though because I remember completely believing that S1 and S2 were well written, acted, paced, and overall great seasons. I loved it. I watched it live - which is very rare for me! And I still think S1-3 are great, it's just the show feels like a joke to me now....
Old 03-05-2015, 02:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
It really is a shame though because I remember completely believing that S1 and S2 were well written, acted, paced, and overall great seasons. I loved it. I watched it live - which is very rare for me! And I still think S1-3 are great, it's just the show feels like a joke to me now....
I agree with this the face paced plots are what I miss from season 1-3. Ever since season 4 they've been dragging out their plots and the result is anti-climatic. Also what I'm not liking about this season is it seems the characters can only have scenes with one person for most of the time. The cast rarely interacts altogether.

Four & Tris
Old 03-06-2015, 05:38 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
Yeah, it sort of all went to crap when Elena became a vampire. I mean...I guess the writers could say that the sire bond is definitely broken, since they're the ones writing it all (), but I agree that it didn't make sense.

I feel for Stephan the most in this situation. It seems to have left quite a mark on him. He doesn't seem happy at all, even with Caroline. I love their friendship, but just don't see the same spark as I saw with Stephan and Elena. It's all very interesting. I guess it's not over till it's actually over, so I'll be watching and waiting to see who ends up with who in the end.
Here's what i want to know: Has anyone read the books? And if so, who does Elena end up with? Have the writers completely deviated from the story or is she actually supposed to end up with Damon?

I feel like Elena doesn't deserve Stefan anymore. I also believe that Stefan loves Caroline but he will never be able to love someone the way he loved Elena.

I really hope that something happens to bring the two of them back together somehow, though. You can't deny how perfect their love was. And besides, can the prophesy that all doppelgangers will be together be wrong? I feel like the writers completely forgot that whole part of the story. How can you stop what you universe wants?
Old 03-06-2015, 08:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxobrandyb (View Post)
Here's what i want to know: Has anyone read the books? And if so, who does Elena end up with? Have the writers completely deviated from the story or is she actually supposed to end up with Damon?

I feel like Elena doesn't deserve Stefan anymore. I also believe that Stefan loves Caroline but he will never be able to love someone the way he loved Elena.

I really hope that something happens to bring the two of them back together somehow, though. You can't deny how perfect their love was. And besides, can the prophesy that all doppelgangers will be together be wrong? I feel like the writers completely forgot that whole part of the story. How can you stop what you universe wants?
Read all the books In the books she ends up with Stefan because Damon dies
thats all Im saying for now but if you want more info let me know and will share it

she doesnt deserve stefan

come join us at http://www.fanforum.com/f88/stefan-%...ours-63143857/ love your opinions about stefan and caroline come share

stefan does love her and its so obviously

Last edited by petrova; 03-06-2015 at 08:17 PM
Old 03-06-2015, 10:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatecandice (View Post)
thats all Im saying for now but if you want more info let me know and will share it

come join us at http://www.fanforum.com/f88/stefan-%...ours-63143857/ love your opinions about stefan and caroline come share

This was kind of rude some us still like SE and this an SE appreciation thread, you can't just come in here and pimp SC. I you like SC then great, stay in that thread. We don't go into your thread and bash stefan/caroline/steroline. Okay thanks

Four & Tris
Old 03-06-2015, 11:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

I'm so tired of hearing this crap "Elena doesn't deserve Stefan" as if Stefan is some perfect angel. I know S4-6 Elena hasn't shown her in the best light, but Stefan has been no saint, he nearly drove her off a bridge in season 3 to get back at Klaus. They've both made mistakes. No just Elena. As for the doopelganger theory I thought they confirmed that it wasn't there with Stefan and Elena, they fell in love own their own terms.

Four & Tris
Old 03-07-2015, 02:46 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia Belle_02 (View Post)
I'm so tired of hearing this crap "Elena doesn't deserve Stefan" as if Stefan is some perfect angel. I know S4-6 Elena hasn't shown her in the best light, but Stefan has been no saint, he nearly drove her off a bridge in season 3 to get back at Klaus. They've both made mistakes. No just Elena. As for the doopelganger theory I thought they confirmed that it wasn't there with Stefan and Elena, they fell in love own their own terms.
None of them are angels. No one can argue that every character hasn't done something questionable through out the series. BUT, season 4-6 is who Elena is now. And Now Elena isn't the girl it seems a lot of the people posting seem to miss. She used to be so selfless. It's sad to watch her progress from someone we all wanted to be to someone that makes us think "what are you doing??"

Stefan has his dark past, yes, but all he's done is try to better himself and get away from that. He obsesses over his mistakes and refuses to forgive himself for what he's done. When was the last time Elena has cared that she's broken Stefan's heart and continues to break his heart? That's the difference right there in my opinion.

I'll have to look in to the thing about them not being affected by the doppelganger forces. It could be something that i overlooked, but it seemed like they stressed it so much that it seems silly for the writers to be like "nevermind... it was meant for everyone BUT Stefan and Elena"
Old 03-07-2015, 02:49 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatecandice (View Post)

Thanks I've always wondered how close the show was to the books.
Old 03-07-2015, 02:56 PM
New Fan

Quote:
This was kind of rude some us still like SE and this an SE appreciation thread, you can't just come in here and pimp SC. I you like SC then great, stay in that thread. We don't go into your thread and bash stefan/caroline/steroline. Okay thanks
Just so we're on the same page here... I do think that Stefan and Elena should be together in the end. But I also think it's undeniable that SOMETHING is going on between SC. However, and as i've been saying since the idea of SC started popping up, Caroline has had a thing for Stefan since the very first time that she and Elena saw him. Whatever is going on between the two of them, it will never compare to the innocence of SE's love. My secret hope and my current theory is that MAYBE if Elena see's Stefan with Caroline it will make her jealous. Since she doesn't have all the old memories of her and Damon anymore, maybe it will be that much easier for her to see why she had fallen in love with Stefan in the first place.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
None of them are angels. No one can argue that every character hasn't done something questionable through out the series. BUT, season 4-6 is who Elena is now. And Now Elena isn't the girl it seems a lot of the people posting seem to miss. She used to be so selfless. It's sad to watch her progress from someone we all wanted to be to someone that makes us think "what are you doing??"

Stefan has his dark past, yes, but all he's done is try to better himself and get away from that. He obsesses over his mistakes and refuses to forgive himself for what he's done. When was the last time Elena has cared that she's broken Stefan's heart and continues to break his heart? That's the difference right there in my opinion.

I'll have to look in to the thing about them not being affected by the doppelganger forces. It could be something that i overlooked, but it seemed like they stressed it so much that it seems silly for the writers to be like "nevermind... it was meant for everyone BUT Stefan and Elena"
Yeah but Elena's reason for choosing Stefan for choosing Damon was because of the sire bond that messed up a lot of things, and honestly I'm surprised the show never really looked into Elena's POV at the end of season 4 it was just "hey let's have Elena choose Damon, now without the sire bond" - they never looked into her POV about the fact that the man she was sired caused her to switch her humanity off, she didn't get a chance to reflect on her feelings for Stefan, they just showed us Stefan heartbroken- and then Damon talking about how he got 'the girl, it's quite gross actually, they treat her like a trophy . Also Stefan never really apologised for the stuff he did in season 3. I just think it's weird that no one wants to accepts Elena having a dark side to herself as they do with Stefan (who by the way has had years to deal with it)- but the show doesn't want to address this or have her make a change, the writers just don't care. I don't like this whole 'not deserving argument for any relationship on the show. The show never really allowed Elena to do deal with any lingering feelings Elena had for Stefan, because they were all about she and Damon.I don't know if SE will be endgame, just because of how things are looking now. But I don't agree with the whole 'deserve' and 'not deserve' argument when it comes to any relationship on the show.

You're right about the doopelganger theory - wasn't it Marko's spell that led them to have those visions

Four & Tris

Last edited by Anastasia Belle_02; 03-07-2015 at 03:34 PM
Old 03-07-2015, 03:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Just so we're on the same page here... I do think that Stefan and Elena should be together in the end. But I also think it's undeniable that SOMETHING is going on between SC. However, and as i've been saying since the idea of SC started popping up, Caroline has had a thing for Stefan since the very first time that she and Elena saw him. Whatever is going on between the two of them, it will never compare to the innocence of SE's love. My secret hope and my current theory is that MAYBE if Elena see's Stefan with Caroline it will make her jealous. Since she doesn't have all the old memories of her and Damon anymore, maybe it will be that much easier for her to see why she had fallen in love with Stefan in the first place.
I know that something is happening between SC, it's been building up since season 4, I'm not denying it at all. Caroline may have had a crush on stefan in season 1 but since then she had several, so I don't buy this whole thing about those two having build up since season 1. In regards to the memories does anyone else not find it odd that she wouldn't be remembering her love for Stefan? I don't know if Elena will be jealous though, wouldn't her jealousy have been shown earlier?

Four & Tris
Old 03-07-2015, 03:34 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Yeah but Elena's reason for choosing Stefan for choosing Damon was because of the sire bond that messed up a lot of things, and honestly I'm surprised the show never really looked into Elena's POV at the end of season 4 it was just "hey let's have Elena choose Damon, now without the sire bond" - they never looked into her POV about the fact that the man she was sired caused her to switch her humanity off. Also Stefan never really apologised for the stuff he did in season 3. I just think it's weird that no one wants to accepts Elena having a dark side to herself as they do with Stefan (who by the way has had years to deal with it)- but the show doesn't want to address this or have her make a change, the writers just don't care. I don't like this whole 'not deserving argument for any relationship on the show. The show never really allowed Elena to do deal with any lingering feelings Elena had for Stefan, because they were all about she and Damon.

You're right about the doopelganger theory - wasn't it Marko's spell that led them to have those visions
Maybe thats the answer right there then.... The snow never allowed Elena the chance to deal with any lingering feelings thus never allowing the fans to work out their feelings on the subject matter themselves.

Or maybe the writers just like the fact that the fan base can be so divided.

I do understand what you're saying, though and i think it's easier to accept Stefan as who he is good or bad, because we've seen that he can be both over the coarse of his vampire life. Damon has changed from bad to good so it's easy to accept how he acts as well. But i think i struggle with Elena's change because we've seen who she was and who she's become and in the beginning she was only good... perfect if you will... so it's harder for people to watch her make mistakes and deviate from the character that she used to be.

And for the record, I always thought the sire bond thing between DE was weak.

And old Elena didn't need an apology from Stefan for anything he did in season 3 because how much of it was really his fault? He didn't want to turn off his humanity, wasn't he forced to? Elena was understanding of that because that's how much she loved him. Elena chose to turn hers off and chose to become a rotten person. Stefan has always let her do whatever she thought would make her happy, even if that meant being with his brother. Thats the definition of selfish, and selfless all in one.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:38 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I know that something is happening between SC, it's been building up since season 4, I'm not denying it at all. Caroline may have had a crush on stefan in season 1 but since then she had several, so I don't buy this whole thing about those two having build up since season 1. In regards to the memories does anyone else not find it odd that she wouldn't be remembering her love for Stefan? I don't know if Elena will be jealous though, wouldn't her jealousy have been shown earlier?
YES!! I thought that same thing! If she doesn't remember her old love for Damon then why wouldn't she then be filled with her old love for Stefan? And haven't you ever said that you were ok with your friend dating a guy you liked or SOMETHING like that but in all reality you weren't? i know tons of girls that have gone through stuff like that.... maybe i just refuse to believe that SE are done for good. hahaha
Old 03-07-2015, 04:03 PM
Elite Fan

Anastasia Belle_02 and xoxobrandyb, please, don't post more than one answer one after the other, it's not allowed If your post is still the last one cronologically, just edit it with specific bottom, thanks
I am the storm"

Anna