Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2021, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't even know what to comment on tonight so I will just say that I am glad to hear your area is not one that is affected by the floods Hannah and hope your parents make it to where they are going.
Old 07-18-2021, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

They made it...

Steph it happens with all of us sometimes Hope that you had a nice weekend though
Old 07-19-2021, 12:06 AM
Graphics Team Manager

You speak a few languages so that makes sense Hanna

Agreed about Rory

Steph

Yeah I changed it. A new old icon that was made for me a few years ago. I was actually looking for a different one but saw that & decided to use it instead

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-19-2021, 12:19 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

It does, but it's also frustrating...

(And today I've learnt a new word - spigot - aka the wonders of looking up tariff codes for random parts every now and then... )

You kept changing icons yesterday for a short time...

1 day done, 4 more to go... But at least tomorrow my favourite non-manager is working... Whenever he's working, work-life is just easier to get through...

Btw if we're talking about revivals... I think the Veronica Mars revival, not the movie, the so called series, was just as bad and probably even more depressing than the GG revival...
Old 07-20-2021, 02:20 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Understandable

Yeah I was trying to find the one I wanted to use & considered a few on the way

Enjoy tomorrow then . Yay for one day down too

ugh, seriously? That's a shame I never watched that show at all

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-20-2021, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What is a spigot called in your language? That is funny that came up.

Enjoy your work day with the better manager!

Aw man, I hate to hear that about the VM reboot. I haven't watched that yet but loved the series
Old 07-20-2021, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Steph I was only familiar with the words faucet or valve or tap ... In Hungarian it would be csap or some version of that... And don't ask me about the "how do you pronounce that"

I did... He was really nice as always, and we managed to arrange everything... He keeps calling me 'Boss lady' lately, even though technically I'm still not a full-timer, and I am a decade younger than him... It's a weird company structure...

The VM reboot is fine, if you decide to skip the last episode... Last 10 minutes of the final... Something like that... In my mind only the movie happened... I loved VM too... It was a cool high school/college show with little mentioning of the higher class... Or at least Veronica was always a down to Earth character, and the investigations were interesting too...
Old 07-22-2021, 01:07 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Sydney is a mess it sounds like . People need to just stay at home & stop going around when they have symptoms.

Sorry didn't post as much yesterday or probably today. I had a staff meeting & don't feel like posting

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-22-2021, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah ok That makes more sense then. Yeah, I wouldn't know how to pronounce that either

It may be a weird structure but at least that manger is nice!

Ok, thanks for the heads up on that! I have been wanting to watch it and completely forgot about it. I think I wanted to do a rewatch of the whole show first and just never got around to it

Sorry it's getting worse over there Chelle. It is getting bad again in the US as well.

It's ok, I didn't post either... too tired. This week has been horrible. I am so glad it is almost the weekend.
Old 07-22-2021, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

It's tempting to give a lecture on the how do you pronounce that... But I'm too tired...

This week has been just crazy for me too... Our cases are not too bad by the look of it... Hopefully it will stay like that...

Yesterday I had a very close call with a moving-over-200-kg-vending-machine, which was moving on a reach truck... They were loading them into a trailer... Basically I kept the sufficient distance, but as the reach truck was turning that machine lost its balance and fall on the side right, where I was standing... Thank god I saw it coming, so I was able to move out in time... But it was really scary, and the guy who drove the "truck" kept apologizing afterwards...

Chelle, it was definitely yesterday... My yesterday... Only Leigh was posting in the "game threads"
Old 07-23-2021, 01:34 AM
Graphics Team Manager

No it was both days. Wednesday was my staff meeting & I didn't post much or feel much like posting in the short amount of time I had. Then Thursday I didn't feel like posting when I posted in here which is why I said probably today. That didn't change so I didn't come back & post more. Sorry for the confusing wording. Probably will be the same tonight as today was exhausting . I spent a good part of it just wanting to bang my head against a wall as that felt more productive than trying to get the children to listen

It can be hard to find the time to rewatch a whole series but can be nice to rewatch before seeing new bits like reboots

Hanna that's terrifying glad you are ok

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-23-2021, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That is scary Hanna! Glad you are ok!

Makes sense Chelle.

Yes, i like to do that with series if they have the reboots (except for GG )

Soooo glad it is Friday!!!
Old 07-23-2021, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

You're not the only one Steph... Today was kind of horrible... My manager is on holiday, and this week half of our UK branches have realized that "possible Brexit" has actually happened... And that they need to provide various proof of exportation or that they should have this or that customs reference number... And of course its all up to me to figure out, to fix, to arrange...

Me too... It was terrifying... And I still haven't told the full story to the family... Only tidbits to my mom...

By the sound of it, you also had an exhausting week Chelle...
Old 07-23-2021, 10:31 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Oh good another 'lets claim Keith Urban as Australian' moment . I'm watching the Tokyo Olympic Opening Ceremony & the 'Imagine' song was beautifully done but surely they could've gotten an Oceania-based singer to represent Oceania instead? I don't care if he was born in New Zealand or grew up in Australia he is based in the US. There are plenty of amazing singers who are actually based in Oceania who could've done it, surely? Was perfect for the channel airing the Olympics here as they could use it to promote The Voice since he'll be a coach on the new season which will air on this channel though . It really bugs me that he's Australian enough for us to claim him & use he can be used to represent us (or in this case Oceania), but then he's American enough to be classed as a US singer too since he gets nominated at their award shows.
(sorry, rant over... I had the tab open when I got to that bit )

That sounds like fun, not. Of course that all hits them while your manager is on holiday & you're left in charge.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-24-2021, 01:18 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Chelle... I guess you were watching the opening ceremony yesterday....

Of course they could have had... But Keith Urban is a global face, while someone based in Oceania wouldn't be

And I have one more week of crazy ahead... Aka gotta love to be the decision maker without having all the tools