Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2016, 12:11 PM
Master Fan

That was my first thought - after the shock wore off - she's the consumate actress and couldn't stand being upstaged by her daughter dying before her/getting all the tributes, so off she went too! But more likely, shock and stress and a broken heart. Nothing harder than having a child pass away before the parent...

I wonder if they'll run into Eddie Fisher in the afterlife and if they'll be happy to see each other, or it will be super awkward...

New Year's Eve is a stupid (and fairly pagan) holiday, making noises to scare away the evil spirits and bring back the sun/warm weather etc. Way too much drinking and carousing and staying up all hours.

I've pretty much always spent NYE at home, watching the ball fall down in Times Square and dragging off to bed (as a kid, when my folks went out to fancy New Year's Eve parties, and as an adult). We went once to a New Year's party at a hotel, with hubby's brother and wife, maybe some other friends, stayed overnight at the hotelm, had breakfast and went home next morning - Obviously wasn't that fun, as we never did anything like that again! I just remember the ballroom being freezing cold and everybody in their slinky New Year's Eve gowns being very chilly - I had a silver shawl to wrap around my shoulders (to match my silver shoes) and I was glad I had it! Aside from toasting with sparkling nonalcoholic whatever and maybe hooting a few noisemakers, have never really been happy with our New Year's tradition. Used to use the self-timer and take a family photo of us, with our glasses, looking exhausted, too.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-29-2016, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't know Carrie Fisher had a daughter...only 24.

2016 is definitely a year to forgot. So messed up and crazy.

New Years is called Hogmanay in Scotland and is a huge deal. But I'm over all the street parties and clubbing, trailing around crazy expensive bars. Last few years I've been by the ocean which was wonderful. This year I plan to stay home and do nothing!

Last edited by Ekua; 12-29-2016 at 03:06 PM
Old 12-30-2016, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know her daughter from the show Scream Queens, but had no idea she was Carrie's daughter until the other day! And I didn't know Joely Fisher was her half sister?

Old 12-30-2016, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't know that!
Old 12-30-2016, 10:10 AM
Elite Fan

ML glad I'm not the only one that had that upstaging thought. Yea I think Debbie died of a broken heart literally....too much stress hormones on the old gal

Hopefully I'll be babysitting on New Years...that will mean Liz and Walter will get to go out with Emily and Robbie to that after the wedding party...if the baby is well and they all come to my house tomorrow.

We'll see.

If I don't make it back tomorrow Happy New Years FF friends

off to that wedding in Philly soon...gotta get glammed up and pack

Old 12-30-2016, 10:23 AM
Elite Fan

Have an awesome time.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy new years, everyone!

Old 01-01-2017, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

Happy New Year! I was so tired I didn't think I'd make it until midnight but somehow I rallied and we had a New Year toast and I went to sleep!

Those New Year shows were disgusting though, scanily clad girl groups.. I couldn't watch it. Just tuned in to see the silly Ball fall down in Times Square and then that was it. I heard Ryan Seacrest was stuck in an elevator under the ball earlier in the day, and had to be rescued by firemen.

Yes, I agree, Debbie Reynolds died of a broken heart/the shock of her daughter dying so suddenly was too much for her. I didn't know Carrie fisher had an actress daughter in Scream Queens - 3 generations of performers, that's cool.

John Barrowman told about Hogmany, first I'd heard about it. I just don't care for all the revelry and drinking and partying.. just seems like a silly holiday. Plus it was raining icy rain last night, I was glad to stay home.

Was glad the next Sherlock was back - they said it would be 'dark' but I didn't realize how dark/sad!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-02-2017, 05:40 AM
Elite Fan

Hogmanay shows in Scotland were pipers (from Edinburgh castle), and fireworks. No near naked women!

My niece was born 20 mins before midnight on the 31st!! Poppy!

Happy 2017 everyone! Hope it's awesome!
Old 01-03-2017, 08:30 AM
Elite Fan

Wow......congratulations to you and your family Ekua!! Now that is a new years event!!!!

Is the baby's name Poppy?
Old 01-03-2017, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you! Yup her name is Poppy
Old 01-03-2017, 09:23 AM
Elite Fan

That is such a cute name
Old 01-03-2017, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

So glad to be back! And Congratulations Ekua!!! Is this the first baby in the family?

I'm Aubrey
Old 01-03-2017, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

Nice to have you back!!

Thank you! Yup it's the first baby, and she couldn't have arrived at a better time
Old 01-03-2017, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, Poppy is such a cute name!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread