Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2011, 06:36 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)
Maybe it wasn't something that Peter did, but something still related to what Walter did?
Totally feasible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
What if it wasn't that he went back to get Peter, but somehow communicated with Walternate through his TV looking glass?
Hmm. Never thought about that. I'm trying to remember: when did Walter rev up that TV Looking glass thing anyway? And was he spying on him, or just observing? I seem to remember Walter's watching Walternate was more curious observation rather than malicious spying. And was it for more than just info about any progress of Peter's illness? (I can't remember. I only watch the eps once...)

And, I don't know that Observers "caused" Peter to disappear. Maybe we'll see that in order to fix his mistake, September did do something. But his mistake was in distracting Walternate from catching the formula change in order to save Peter. So Peter still existed in that storyline too.

I'm just really curious about the Observers's line that was something like "they can never know the boy grew to be a man". Yet, here again, still existing, just no one knows it.

BTW, love the international "Where's Peter Bishop" signage vid. It was a little too long, but still cool. I think I'm going to be a geek and write it on the rear window of my van.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Did anyone watch the Emmys last night? Anna Torv was presenting!

Old 09-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Master Fan

She looked wonderful! It's too bad that was the only mention of Fringe during the whole show, but it was good to see her there.

Thanks for posting the video!
Old 09-19-2011, 05:49 PM
Supreme Fan

She looked stunning! Too bad she seemed to be hanging on David's arm for dear life. And she wasn't too prepared to ad-lib with him!

But she looked stunning.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Extreme Fan

It would have been nice to see her and Josh present together and while on the subject of Emmy Nods...why in the He** wasn't John Noble nominated??? he is SOOOOO great! He gets me going on every ep!!

I Can Do All Things Through Christ
Old 09-19-2011, 11:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

I have another theory about Peter's disappearance!

The key is "i understand now".

In these 3 seasons Peter was always in search of answers and he knew that the only persons that could help him were the observers! Everytime he said "i understand now" something happened in his life. The last time he said that was right after he stepped out from the machine. He understood many things in that moment and then he vanished because he was starting to change in a "spiritual" way, so he couldn't stay with the others and now he doesn't exist anymore for them because he's now a more important being! And the observers know that!
This is why the observers said "he served his purpose" and "they can never know the boy grew into a man"
Old 09-20-2011, 12:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
I have another theory about Peter's disappearance!

The key is "i understand now".

In these 3 seasons Peter was always in search of answers and he knew that the only persons that could help him were the observers! Everytime he said "i understand now" something happened in his life. The last time he said that was right after he stepped out from the machine. He understood many things in that moment and then he vanished because he was starting to change in a "spiritual" way, so he couldn't stay with the others and now he doesn't exist anymore for them because he's now a more important being! And the observers know that!
This is why the observers said "he served his purpose" and "they can never know the boy grew into a man"
That's a very interesting take on the situation, and it will be interesting to see if this was what the writers had in mind. Although I don't quite buy it. First of all, the way Peter disappeared looked more like being 'zapped away' than ascending to a higher plane. And then, when he said 'I understand now' he went on to say 'I understand what the machine does'. Which was to pull him forward into the future so that he would see the repercussions of destroying the Other Side and not make the same mistake twice. But I may be wrong. Only three more days until we finally get some answers!
Old 09-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

Holy Crap, Batman!!

'Fringe': Joshua Jackson pens story in new digital comic 'Beyond the Fringe' -- FIRST LOOK | Inside TV | EW.com

This is awesome! I can't believe he can now add "Comic Book writer" to his resume.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for sharing that Mandy...love it!

Cannot believe that season 4 is actually starting next Wednesday over here in the UK! We usually have to wait a month or so!

My photoblog
Old 09-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Master Fan

That's awesome, Suzi! So, you'll be about five days behind us? That's sooo much better than a month or more.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

Spoiler warnings:

Fringe Season Four: A Decent Jumping-on Point for New Viewers

We Have Your Sneak Peek at Season Four of 'Fringe'

I skimmed through these articles, and there's nothing said in them that excites me that much

Though the promo was working its magic on me earlier, so... we'll see.

Two more days!!!

ETA: I haven't watched this myself...

Old 09-22-2011, 06:14 AM
Supreme Fan

^ The above promo doesn't give ANYthing away. Just whets one's appetite!
Old 09-22-2011, 06:50 AM
Master Fan

Fringe Photoshoot (where are some of these photos?!)

And a RIVETING conversation with Josh:

And fans cry out in signs for Peter Bishop. Where is he?
Old 09-22-2011, 07:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Anyone else seen the other "Fringe" comics around?.Wish I could read this latest one,maybe it might become available to buy at some point for us non-netters.I used to read comics all the time when I was younger but kinda grew out of it.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

I think that the Fringe comics are for sale in comic book stores. There are a lot of details about them on the Fringe Television - Fan Site for the FOX TV Series Fringe website.