Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-07-2010, 01:02 PM
New Fan

This episode was full of awesome. I hated Charlie so much. So it's not even an issue for what Annie did. Took far too long if you ask me. And whatever Charlie gets, I don't care. Something bugs me about him.

Silver wanted to end anything that could have happened. It's not like she wanted to go behind Adrianna's back. I think what changed was the party. Adrianna was a little too self absorbed. Adrianna might be left with no friends and no money.

Dixon just seemed perplexed. I don't think he'd do anything untoward against Teddy. What's to be seen is if he'll tell Silver. The scene where Dixon tells Teddy how there's been big changes was funny. A little bit of foreshadowing me thinks by the writers.

Ivy's scene with her Dad afterwards was so simple, yet so powerful.

Naomi was great. The ending was cheesy, but it works.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Elite Fan

I am first to admit that what Annie/Liam and Silver/Navid did was wrong and I totally saw the irony in Naomi's priorities as it relates to her friends compared to the way the other 2 couples dealt with their situations.
But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop liking what I like. Truth is, Annie/Liam have been building up for so long, this was bound to happen. Do I wish it happened under better circumstances? Absolutely, but it happened and extraneous circumstances aside, I loved it for what it was. The texting thing made me cringe just a little bit because Annie didn't seem all that bothered by her actions and I guess the Annie/Liam shipper in me thought it "cute" because of how obviously in love she is with him, but I know damn well that I don't agree or respect it.

As far as Navid/Silver go. Wow. I don't even know where to begin. How does one go from loving a character so much to have seething hate for her in just a few episodes? The writers really worked their asses off to prop Navid/Silver's relationship by ruining Ade's character I LOVE Navid/Silver. I'll be the first to say it and I even made suggestions and posts in the NS thread saying that I might not even care if he cheats on Adrianna, but it's not even so much Navid/Silver I'm pissed about, it's Adrianna. I am pissed off because my favorite couple in 2 seasons, was dragged through the mud. I am upset that I endured a terrible season that was season 2, just to see them get back together and ruined the episodes after. And I will be the FIRST to admit that the ONLY reason I would even accept my favorite character, being Navid, cheating on his girlfriend, is because of what a terrible character Adrianna turned out to be. On Hellcats, one of the characters said something amazing and I actually quote it to this day [and I'm certain he took it from some famous quote or something]: "You learn more about a person when they're successful, than when they're not." Adrianna failed the test big time.
I don't agree to the cheating, but to be blunt, I don't care! I don't care because I don't like Adrianna anymore and I like her way more when she is at her lowest anyway. Maybe this will make her likable again, IDK.
As far as Navid and Silver's actions go, of course I disagree with it. I wish Navid broke up with Adrianna a long time ago and I dislike how scared he's been to do it. I usually blame the friend more than the bf/gf, but this time I have to put more blame on Navid because it was all in his hands. And Silver tried SO hard to just ignore it all and there is really just SOOOO much a girl can take, God. She ignores, ignores, ignores and ignores until she can no longer ignore anymore. I know she was wrong, but I feel like she did less wrong than Navid did because he's been unhappy with Ade for a while and just kept their relationship going.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
"You learn more about a person when they're successful, than when they're not."
That, is an awesome quote.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 12-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

To counter that quote, I'd say
"A true friends stabs you in the front". Oscar Wilde

It sounds harsh, but a true friend will be honest even if it's excruciating for the other person. I put that on both Navid and Silver.

icon
Old 12-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

Also, an awesome quote. We're learning lots today

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 12-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay episode I guess.

I don't like Liam/Annie, so their hook up pretty much irked me.

Adrianna is the classical example of a character assassination to have another couple hook up

Navid/Silver are getting on my nerves. Cheating. Damn them.

Dixon knows about Teddy/Ian!

I'm glad Naomi is sticking for Ivy, but now she has a stalker in her room!

I'm glad Ivy patched up with her mum!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
To counter that quote, I'd say
"A true friends stabs you in the front". Oscar Wilde

It sounds harsh, but a true friend will be honest even if it's excruciating for the other person. I put that on both Navid and Silver.
i definitely agree though. i hate what they did, i just dont care so much about who they did it to... if that makes any sense? lol
Old 12-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

You'd think I'd enjoy these "Annie's a ****" comments, but I'm not. They are incredibly unwarranted. Charlie is a guest star, that just, doesn't count in my book.

kenny | credit
Old 12-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by own worst enemy (View Post)
You'd think I'd enjoy these "Annie's a ****" comments, but I'm not. They are incredibly unwarranted. Charlie is a guest star, that just, doesn't count in my book.
LOL are you serious? That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard. Guest star or not, she did what she did.

I don't see what the big deal about calling a character a name they deserve, but whatever.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Elite Fan

i wouldnt call annie a **** either. these things happen all the time and i assure u that not everyone is a "****" who does this. it happens and in all honesty, it was a long time coming. was it technically wrong? obviously, but i wouldnt label her a **** for it.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

i dont know how you can call annie a **** in this situation
sure she should have broken up with charlie first but shes liked liam for so long
she would have brokenup with charlie already if liam didn't reject her for dating him
it might have been a bad choice but you cant call a girl whos slept with two people a ****
sure she liked reading poetry with charlie but there was a reason they never had sex
the only reason she was going to sleep with him before was because naomi told her she should
and annie is so naive that she thought if naomi gives her boy advice that she must follow it
calling her a cheater would make a lot more sense than calling her a ****
annie and maybe silver have slept with the least amount of people so both are far from ****s
if either of these two are ****s than everyone on the show is a ****
Old 12-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

Come on guys, Chas has already shut this conversation down once. Let's not start this up again. This isn't the thread for this discussion This needs to be the end of the '****' talk.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Elite Fan

I agree.

star77 - I was being sarcastic. I don't relate this show to real life logic, aka take it seriously.

kenny | credit
Old 12-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think Annie was overwhelmed by her feelings. An accident makes you realise how you might feel about someone and of course she's not gonna say "I have to break up with Charlie first" the moment after Liam tells her he's in love with her.

The difference with Naomi's situation with Oscar is that he was a huge jerk to Ivy, which Liam and Navid weren't.

What might make Silver's hair look strange is that it's not cut in a line by the neck Personally I love her short hair though.

The music in this episode was awesome! Does anyone know if the instrumental when Liam and Annie kiss is available somehwere? I can't find anything about it anywhere.

Also loved all the angsty love scenes. You could really feel how these characters feel about eachother. Liam and Annie's kiss was so sweet and filmed beautifully.

Also loved Shenae's acting - when she tells Liam she wouldn't be ok if he wasn't and the smile when he tells her he loves her... gorgeous!

Last edited by souldances; 12-09-2010 at 03:03 PM
Old 12-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Ultimate Fan

I just want to get rid of Charlie, he is so one-note and boring.

But I cant believe they are having Silver cheat with Navid on Adrianna. Espically given her family history with Mel (will he ever show up?) cheating on Jackie and leaving her for a younger woman. Does she not forget what it feels like?