Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2014, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I have a love/hate relationship with Kelso. Love him sometimes, want to punch him other times!
When do you love him? :wiggle? Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm glad Kelso's not as good a fighter as Hyde. Kelso's often so obnoxious, and Hyde needs to have some way of getting him to quit it. Kelso doesn't understand the word no.

I wonder how often, though, Hyde and Kelso fought on the same side. We saw it happen in "Grandma's Dead," and I like that Hyde, Eric, and Fez pull Kelso away from that guy Jackie talks to in "Streaking". Kelso was in no position (i.e. he was naked) to be fighting someone.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like Kelso when is he more serious. I am not a fan of the Jackie/Kelso relationship, but I did like when he was sincere with her. I also loved him with Brooke, he was showing so much growth and potential there. Their are also times where he is funny and I do enjoy him. It's when he is selfish, and rude that I cannot stand him.

I did like to see Kelso and Hyde on the same side. I do think, that they were good friends beneath everything. I would like to have seen in the future how they would have been.
I am an original”
Old 05-10-2014, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I like Kelso when is he more serious.
Yeah, me, too -- like when he told Eric what Eric and Donna have is real compared to what he and Jackie have. <--- And, one would think Kelso would be okay with letting Jackie go in S5, considering he'd said that.

Quote:
It's when he is selfish, and rude that I cannot stand him.
Kelso was the most selfish out of the main characters. He probably didn't want to be, but the writers kept manipulating him into being a total narcissist, especially at the end of S4 and throughout S5. They wanted to have Hyde/Jackie/Kelso conflict throughout S5, but before Annette, Kelso clearly slept with a bunch of girls in California.

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 05-12-2014 at 07:22 AM
Old 05-11-2014, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I totally agree. When Kelso was serious, and being sweet, I liked him, I genuinely did. It was very hard for me to like him in season 5, but I started to again in season 6.
I am an original”
Old 05-12-2014, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I totally agree. When Kelso was serious, and being sweet, I liked him, I genuinely did. It was very hard for me to like him in season 5, but I started to again in season 6.
I put my response to this here: http://www.fanforum.com/75992536-post290.html It became a mini-essay.

I'm glad that Kelso was eventually able to recognize in S6 that Jackie had evolved past him. She wasn't superficial and all ego anymore, and he couldn't relate to that.

I wonder if Hyde ever tried to have intellectual discussions with Kelso early on.

Last edited by MistyMountainHop; 05-13-2014 at 09:07 AM
Old 05-13-2014, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would have liked to see Kelso and Hyde have a more serious conversation, I think it had to have happened at some point.
I am an original”
Old 05-14-2014, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I would have liked to see Kelso and Hyde have a more serious conversation, I think it had to have happened at some point.
When they have did have serious conversations, they probably went like this:

Old 05-15-2014, 11:26 AM
Elite Fan

HA! Love that interaction!

So, People Magazine is saying that baby Kutcher is a girl. Do you think that she and Danny's little girl will become BFFs?
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
Old 05-15-2014, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiehydelover (View Post)
So, People Magazine is saying that baby Kutcher is a girl. Do you think that she and Danny's little girl will become BFFs?
No idea. Depends on how much the families interact with each other, but it would be cute.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiehydelover (View Post)
I was wondering the same thing.

If Hyde and Jackie had a baby girl, I wonder if she and Betsy would become friends. I'm sure this is something that's been discussed already, though. Since the four parents each have very, very, very different personalities, I wonder what things the two children would have in common and what they would talk about.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyak0807 (View Post)
If Hyde and Jackie had a baby girl, I wonder if she and Betsy would become friends. I'm sure this is something that's been discussed already, though. Since the four parents each have very, very, very different personalities, I wonder what things the two children would have in common and what they would talk about.
Ooh, I'm curious about this, too. I think Brooke and Kelso's combined influence would make Betsy grounded enough not to set herself on fire but fun enough not to be a drag.

Jackie would want to spoil her daughter with Hyde rotten, and though Hyde would want their kid to have the best of everything, he'd also want her to value herself for herself, not for her looks or what she owns. I could see their kid spouting Hyde's anti-corporate stuff about Betsy's toys and then shrugging and saying, "But my mom says it's pretty, so it's cool to play with."
Old 05-25-2014, 10:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
Ooh, I'm curious about this, too. I think Brooke and Kelso's combined influence would make Betsy grounded enough not to set herself on fire but fun enough not to be a drag.

Jackie would want to spoil her daughter with Hyde rotten, and though Hyde would want their kid to have the best of everything, he'd also want her to value herself for herself, not for her looks or what she owns. I could see their kid spouting Hyde's anti-corporate stuff about Betsy's toys and then shrugging and saying, "But my mom says it's pretty, so it's cool to play with."
That would be cool if Betsy and J/H kid became best friends. I would like to see what kind of parenting advice Kelso would give J/H.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanselnext (View Post)
That would be cool if Betsy and J/H kid became best friends. I would like to see what kind of parenting advice Kelso would give J/H.
Whatever it is, I'm sure Jackie and Hyde would do the opposite -- so Kelso would be helpful in that way.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:16 PM
Master Fan

Oh God. Kelso giving parenting advice. He should write a book. I would read it, I'd have a good laugh.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kelso's parenting advice, now that would be funny!
I am an original”