Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
That's a good way of putting it Lisa. If Kelso had just married Brooke, maybe the peace between Kelso and Hyde would have stayed.
Kelso's ego was entirely wrapped up with Jackie. When Jackie chose Hyde, Kelso felt like she was saying to the world that Hyde was a) hotter than Kelso and b) overall better than Kelso.

This makes me wonder if Kelso felt inadequate compared to Hyde since they were little. Or maybe Hyde represents Kelso's older brothers to him, and he's transferred that sibling competition onto him.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

A Hyde and Kelso thread? How cool! A fitting title and what wonderful art work Lisa!
Old 05-03-2014, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannygirl704 (View Post)
A Hyde and Kelso thread? How cool! A fitting title and what wonderful art work Lisa!
Thank you, Prissy!

I wonder what was the first time Hyde punched Kelso in the eye.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

No problem Lisa

Hmm that is a good question. When did the whole Hyde punching Kelso’s eye start and why. I could picture it being when they were younger and Hyde might’ve felt bad at first for hitting his friend—even though I’m sure Kelso deserved it—but Kelso laughing soon after probably helped him feel less bad lol

Oh maybe it was when they had that crush on the same teacher? Don’t know, but it would have been a great flashback to see!
Old 05-04-2014, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hmm that is a good question. When did the whole Hyde punching Kelso’s eye start and why. I could picture it being when they were younger and Hyde might’ve felt bad at first for hitting his friend—even though I’m sure Kelso deserved it—but Kelso laughing soon after probably helped him feel less bad lol
I wonder if Kelso did laugh afterward. He tended to whine/cry on the show every time Hyde punched his eye.

Quote:
Oh maybe it was when they had that crush on the same teacher? Don’t know, but it would have been a great flashback to see!
Ooh, that could be. We know they got into a physical fight over Miss Hamill.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:52 AM
Elite Fan

He must not have minded that much since he stuck around! He was like a battered wife.
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
Old 05-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiehydelover (View Post)
He must not have minded that much since he stuck around! He was like a battered wife.
Ouch, yeah. And Kelso never got the message, either, that Hyde tried to send him (i.e. to stop being a moron). But Kelso's too much of a moron to stop being a total moron, I guess.

A good story about Kelso not being a moron:

A Question of Intelligence by kezztip

Summary: When Jackie finds pot may be the reason for Kelso’s increasing stupidity, she convinces him to give it up -- but how will it change her relationship with both Hyde and Kelso as he becomes smarter? Set in Season 7.

Rated: K+, some content may not be suitable for young children.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

I used to LOVE that one! I'm going to have to find time to re-read it!
Old 05-06-2014, 12:53 AM
Passionate Fan

That's a great story.

It would be a funny episode if Kelso quit the circle and became smarter because of it. I know they tried doing that with Hyde's character in S8 but I don't remember much from the episode.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I used to LOVE that one! I'm going to have to find time to re-read it!
Kezztip's T7S stories are very re-readable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanselnext (View Post)
It would be a funny episode if Kelso quit the circle and became smarter because of it. I know they tried doing that with Hyde's character in S8 but I don't remember much from the episode.
From what I remember, Hyde's character didn't become smarter as much as healthier. He became an avid jogger. Just ... no. He never would've done any of that -- at least, not that way.

But an episode where Kelso was smarter -- as a fluke -- could've been funny. :nod He'd freak Red and Kitty out, I'm sure. They'd think that wasn't Kelso but a doppelganger.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

Anyone that mentions S8 in any thread other that the hate thread, is going to get one of these

I'll start with myself since I just mentioned in....

Old 05-07-2014, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Anyone that mentions S8 in any thread other that the hate thread, is going to get one of these

I'll start with myself since I just mentioned in....

You okay there, Chris?

Talking about fixing season 8 in other threads works for me. Talking about S8 being good -- in any thread? or any medium? or anywhere in existence? -- time to bring out the torches:

But that's unlikely to happen with this group. We punch season 8 in the eye the way Hyde punches Kelso.

---

I bet Kelso and Hyde became friends because Kelso had a lot more freedom than Eric did as a kid -- and Eric didn't really start rebelling until he was thirteen -- so Hyde could have more delinquent fun with Kelso. Kelso's parents had so many kids who they obviously didn't, or couldn't, give enough attention to. Eric says as much in "Stolen Car".
Old 05-07-2014, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)
You okay there, Chris?

Talking about fixing season 8 in other threads works for me. Talking about S8 being good -- in any thread? or any medium? or anywhere in existence? -- time to bring out the torches:

But that's unlikely to happen with this group. We punch season 8 in the eye the way Hyde punches Kelso.

---

I bet Kelso and Hyde became friends because Kelso had a lot more freedom than Eric did as a kid -- and Eric didn't really start rebelling until he was thirteen -- so Hyde could have more delinquent fun with Kelso. Kelso's parents had so many kids who they obviously didn't, or couldn't, give enough attention to. Eric says as much in "Stolen Car".
I agree, bring out the torches!

I can see that as how Hyde and Kelso became friends. I do still want to see when the first time Hyde punched Kelso in the eye though.

Side note, I love Kezztip's story are great.
I am an original”

Last edited by msstock87; 05-08-2014 at 10:48 PM
Old 05-08-2014, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I agree, bring out the torches!

Quote:
I can see that as how Hyde and Kelso became friends. I do still want to see when the first time Hyde punched Kelso in the eye though.
You really enjoy seeing Kelso get hurt, Colleen.

At the start of the series, Hyde was a physical guy with everyone, from grasping Eric's face (in the pilot) to slapping Eric's face at various points, to frogging Kelso and Fez. Eventually, his hostility manifested physically pretty much exclusively with Kelso.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyMountainHop (View Post)

You really enjoy seeing Kelso get hurt, Colleen.

At the start of the series, Hyde was a physical guy with everyone, from grasping Eric's face (in the pilot) to slapping Eric's face at various points, to frogging Kelso and Fez. Eventually, his hostility manifested physically pretty much exclusively with Kelso.
I have a love/hate relationship with Kelso. Love him sometimes, want to punch him other times!
I am an original”