Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Dr. Estrangeloved (3x19) Episode Discussion Thread! AIRING TONIGHT IN CANADA

3X19: Dr. Estrangeloved

Writer: Robby Hull
Director: Darnell Martin

EPISODE DESCRIPTION:
WILLIAM “BILLY” BALDWIN (“DIRTY SEXY MONEY”) GUEST STARS — When Lily’s (Kelly Rutherford) ex-husband, Dr. William van der Woodsen (Baldwin), shows up unexpectedly in Manhattan, Serena (Blake Lively) finally gets the reunion she has so desperately wanted with her father, but the circumstances turn out to be far from ideal. When Serena and Nate (Chace Crawford) continue to have relationship issues, a scheming Jenny (Taylor Momsen) is more than happy to be a shoulder for Nate to lean on... Meanwhile, Dan (Penn Badgley) finds out that he didn’t get accepted into the Tisch writing program and Vanessa (Jessica Szohr) admits she may have been somewhat responsible. Leighton Meester, Ed Westwick and Matthew Settle also star.

PROMOS!

promo 1

promo 2

RULES!

1. Since some people may not be a fan of your certain ship,
try not to insult other ships, just stick to the one
you like and be positive, please. Let's remember to show
our fellow posters some respect, thanks. :]
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode
but try and be constructive when you are critiquing something,
don't just say 'GOD THIS SUCKED'.
3. No talk of illegal downloading, asking or commenting about it.
Any posts with that topic will be deleted.
4. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!

Your mods!
REMINDER

SINCE THE SHOW IS AIRING IN CANADA TONIGHT WE WANT THE PEOPLE WHO WATCH THE SHOW TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS TOO. BUT, ALL THE DISCUSSION SHOULD BE IN SPOILER TAGS WITHOUT ANY REVEALING SMILES. TO GET THE SPOILER TAG DO THIS [sp] [*/sp] WITHOUT THE '*'.

i love you. ♡

Last edited by 21:21; 04-25-2010 at 10:59 AM
Old 04-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread, Aurora!

Can't wait to for this episode tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread Aurora!
Old 04-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

NP!

It took me like an hour to start it. FF is being so slow.

i love you. ♡
Old 04-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for posting!!

I so can't waaaait!
Old 04-25-2010, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Is anyone going to be doing a recap?
Old 04-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

omg
my heart nearly skipped a beat. i cant believe dan and blair had ANOTHER scene together. i think there is more to come, im sooo excited, god
Old 04-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gah. Will and Serena.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Elite Fan

yay at dan not being made an ass in this situation <333
Old 04-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Master Fan

what does lily have?
no matter how much we bend
Old 04-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucasalways (View Post)
what does lily have?
Cancer, I think, but I'm not sure what kind!
Old 04-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

these are just my thoughts on the episode:

Dan/Vanessa: I can't get on board with them. They do absolutely nothing to excite me. In fact, I'm just gonna stop talking about them now.

Serena/Nate: Not really sure. I'm not anti them, I just sort of prefer him with Jenny.

Jenny/Nate: I definitely love these two together. I think they're amazing, but I loved them way more the first time around because it felt more genuine and not based on lies. I hate what the writers are doing to them right now It's so sad. I am not happy with how Jenny is being portrayed and I don't like her makeup, lol.

Blair/Chuck: I've been over them since last season, so nothing new there. I like the way they're handling the break up. Blair is definitely not losing herself in all this because as always, Blair acts first and thinks later. Her initial plan was doomed to fail and obviously not the best way to get over him, but she always comes around in the end. Love it and love her <33 Chuck was great in this episode, although i gotta say... when he told Jenny "because I want my friend back" the first thing that came to my mind was "this makes no sense," and it really doesn't. In my opinion, its a poor way to bring old school Chuck back. I want it back and I'm reveling in the idea of him being badass again [gah, that flashback to s1 chuck was so hot... that hair, that smile... BRING IT BACK PLZ!], but its unlike him to take on the whole nate/jenny thing. idk, i just felt like it was a forced storyline without much substance behind. they could definitely do better.. and they should stop gelling his hair please!

Dan/Blair: The scene was great. As always, they have great chemistry. They are just so natural together and their banter is my favorite part. Most of my favorite couples have that banter thing going on, so I'll continue to root for these two to get together because just as I saw potential in Pacey/Joey, Cappy/Casey, Seth/Summer and Damon/Elena... I see it in them as well. Banter = awesomeness <3 and it's definitely been proven in the past! At one point, I thought she and Dan were gonna share some sort of look lol... but I totally got ahead of myself. I'll just wait for next season to see it

Lily/Rufus: Why can't these crazy kids just be happy. Why must there always be something? God. I love them. I think their love is what I would call EPIC on this show. They have the perfect recipe for an amazing lovestory. I love their past and how they got together after so many years.

Will: Ugh. I knew something was off with him Not interested.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Okay.....I officially have no respect for this show left.

I watched half of it yesterday...keep going *huh* why isn't Eric involved in the episode where they introduce his father. Then i went *huh* why is Chuck helping out Jenny over Serena and then *huh* how does Blair go from madly in love with Chuck to partially over him in an episode and a half and then *huh* how come we get zero of Chuck's POV on the breakup and then *huh* why is this show so bad. Honestly...the only thing I liked this episode was Vanessa/Dan because I thought they had a good in character issue to delve through.

So I turned on the show tonight to catch the first half that I missed...watched it until the point where Mr. Van der Woodsen asked after Eric and we found he was out of town with the debate team! Because, you know, a teenage boy would find out from his sister that his father was flying back to town after being out of his life for a good ten years and not think to cancel his planned debate. *rolls eyes*

Then the television went off.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually enjoyed the episode a lot. Billy Baldwin was a nice addition, and he played the role with a great deal of sincerity. I really felt for Serena and Lily, and even Rufus made a good showing of it tonight. I'm a little worried about the prescription-related sketchiness at the end there (how hilarious would it be if Damien was his dealer?), but I trust that he truly wants to know his family.

Jenny is such a pathetic person, trying to steal her step-sister's boyfriend. I hope she feels bad when she finds out about Lily. I'm glad Nate stayed strong, and I loved that he and Serena were able to work through it.

I also love that Chuck's main involvement in the "plot" was literally just to tell Jenny to go for it and invite her out with them, but that his main focus was on being as wasted as possible and Blair. I especially loved the Chuck/Nate scene, where Chuck was like, "We've been best friends for years and you still can't see through my smoke screen?" Of course this is how Chuck Bass grieves. I'm glad the scene made it clear that Chuck knew he had been wrong.

Dan and Vanessa made me sad, but I'm really happy that Vanessa submitted an original work. I'm proud of her for standing up to Dan, even though I feel bad for him, too. Of course he wanted that spot, and it would be hard not to wish for Vanessa to rescind her application, but she still needed his support. It'll be interesting to see where they go from here.

I'm proud of Blair for maturing at the end there and realizing she needed to move past the games in order to truly move on from Chuck, and that erasing him wouldn't help anything. I felt sorry for him when it dawned on him how truly over it was between them. The final Blair/Dorota scene was really sweet and totally made up for Blair being so... annoying throughout the episode. For once, I actually felt bad that Humphrey was having to deal with Blair's Chuck problems instead of focusing on his actual issues.

Overall, not the most exciting episode, but a solid start to the final arc of the season.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
For once, I actually felt bad that Humphrey was having to deal with Blair's Chuck problems instead of focusing on his actual issues.
lol i was so bored with his problems that i was relieved [besides for my other feelings of adoration and love for it as well] that blair came into the scene