View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 07:29 PM
afeverpitch
Fan Forum Hero

I actually enjoyed the episode a lot. Billy Baldwin was a nice addition, and he played the role with a great deal of sincerity. I really felt for Serena and Lily, and even Rufus made a good showing of it tonight. I'm a little worried about the prescription-related sketchiness at the end there (how hilarious would it be if Damien was his dealer?), but I trust that he truly wants to know his family.

Jenny is such a pathetic person, trying to steal her step-sister's boyfriend. I hope she feels bad when she finds out about Lily. I'm glad Nate stayed strong, and I loved that he and Serena were able to work through it.

I also love that Chuck's main involvement in the "plot" was literally just to tell Jenny to go for it and invite her out with them, but that his main focus was on being as wasted as possible and Blair. I especially loved the Chuck/Nate scene, where Chuck was like, "We've been best friends for years and you still can't see through my smoke screen?" Of course this is how Chuck Bass grieves. I'm glad the scene made it clear that Chuck knew he had been wrong.

Dan and Vanessa made me sad, but I'm really happy that Vanessa submitted an original work. I'm proud of her for standing up to Dan, even though I feel bad for him, too. Of course he wanted that spot, and it would be hard not to wish for Vanessa to rescind her application, but she still needed his support. It'll be interesting to see where they go from here.

I'm proud of Blair for maturing at the end there and realizing she needed to move past the games in order to truly move on from Chuck, and that erasing him wouldn't help anything. I felt sorry for him when it dawned on him how truly over it was between them. The final Blair/Dorota scene was really sweet and totally made up for Blair being so... annoying throughout the episode. For once, I actually felt bad that Humphrey was having to deal with Blair's Chuck problems instead of focusing on his actual issues.

Overall, not the most exciting episode, but a solid start to the final arc of the season.