Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-27-2010, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

Are we sure William isn't also Chuck's father? That would put a spoke in my plans for CS lovin'. The whispering; slicked back hair; refinded gentleman about town look. Complete Chuck. Freaking me out.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

It's an UES thing. That, and a IF YOU IS FAMILY, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS!

But the man is clearly a Baldwin. Never seen/heard of him before, but the looks and that VOICE. Wow
Old 04-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Passionate Fan

The episode was better than I expected. I loooved NS in this ep. Blake's acting was awesome. She was sad, comforting, hurt and badass in one episode. Good job Blakieee. Also Taylor. She's an awesome actress. I've never hated a character so much before. She was very effective if her goal was to piss me off. Not sarcastic, BTW. Awesome job, GG cast.

Awww at Blair's sortof speech. I hate seeing her so sad and tornup last few episodes. And the Cameron guy was pretty cute.

Best lines of the episode:

"I'm talking to NATE, Jenny" Srsly best thing eveeerr. It made my day.

"I’m gonna kiss somebody someday. And when I do, It’ll be for me." If only I handle a breakup as awesome as Blair.

"You look like hell.""Small price to pay to feel like heaven." HAHAHA Jenny and Chuck.

"Who's that ****?"

Great episode. I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10
Old 04-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipGleek (View Post)

"You look like hell.""Small price to pay to feel like heaven." HAHAHA Jenny and Chuck.

"Who's that ****?"

Yes! Wow those lines were brilliant Willa's comment about Jenny really cracked me up. Speaking of Willa. I think I'm starting to really like her. I wouldn't mind for her to stick around
Old 04-27-2010, 01:32 PM
New Fan

As If Nate Would Have He's Name On His Shirts!!
Old 04-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

So he doesn't LOSE it. It makes sense.

Anne has all his clothes tagged. She's one of THOSE mothers.

Also...in case..you know..all the pot..he forgets his name....
Old 04-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I thought this was a rather lackluster episode, but we also got to see some relationships put to the test as the pattern of lies and deception that is so endemic to this group of characters continued on its merry way.

I found it amusing that Jenny tried to act all sexy around Nate as art imitated real life (from what we saw in a recent Taylor Momsen interview) as Jenny wore just Nate’s shirt and no pants, but Nate was still all about Serena as he mentioned her constantly and he treated Jenny like a kid, even t the point of rubbing her head. Apparently Nate suffers from selective amnesia, as he seemed to forget that he actually made out with Jenny and they had been a romantic couple for a brief time, and that he had even written her a love letter, but I guess the whole point to this story is that Nate loves Serena and only Serena. In some way, I felt sorry for Jenny, because I do feel she truly loves Nate, but I didn’t like her lying to Nate and planting seeds of doubt in both Nate’s mind and Serena’s mind about their relationship, and in the end, all of her plotting and scheming, egged on by Chuck, who wanted his best friend back, came to naught, as Nate, after finding out that she had never given him Serena’s message and lied right to his face about it, asked her to leave.

I must say that although what Chuck did to Blair was wrong, I wish that Nate wouldn’t be so harshly judgmental towards him, and I wish, for once, that he’d actually be Chuck’s best friend, or a friend to him period. I’ve always felt that Chuck was a much better friend to Nate than Nate was to Chuck, and this episode reinforced that feeling.

I loved seeing Dorota’s concern for Blair as she planned a party to get over Chuck, and she was right when she said that Blair wasn’t done grieving for Chuck yet. I thought it was sad to see Chuck regressing into a life of debauchery because he’s still heartbroken over losing Blair, and we saw that despite his trying to show the world that he’s over Blair, he isn’t, and I hated seeing the heartbreak was so evident in his eyes when he saw Blair with Cameron, (who I wasn’t impressed with) and when he talked to Blair. I was so saddened that Blair acknowledged that they loved each other but that he had broken her heart, and that she was moving on from that heartbreak and from him, and that, in turn, broke my heart, because like Chuck said, no one could touch what they had together. Watching the flashback scene with them was very bittersweet for me, and now more than ever, I feel that Chuck and Blair are meant for each other, and I’ll never love a couple on this show as much as I love them.

I was so disappointed that Dan didn’t get into the Tisch writing program, and that Vanessa did get into the program because she had submitted a story without his knowledge, but Dan, being the great guy that he is, took it all in stride, and I honestly don’t think he told Willa that Vanessa had based her story off of one of his stories with any malicious intent, and he just wanted what was best for Vanessa. Dan is just such a noble guy, and this episode showed me again why he’s one of my favorite characters. We found out that Vanessa had submitted an original story after all, but Willa, infatuated with Dan and jealous of Vanessa, sabotaged Vanessa’s chances of getting into the Tisch program, and she caused a rift between Dan and Vanessa, and we’ll have to wait and see if their relationship can survive. I did find it hilarious when Willa saw Jenny with Dan and asked him “who’s that ****?” though!

I was amused when Blair used Dan to find a way to get around Chuck’s “dating fatwa” and she refused to actually listen to him as she dictated her plans to him.

Obviously, one of the big themes of this episode was the revelation that Lily is ill, and that and that her ex-husband William Van Der Woodsen had been treating her, and Serena finally got to reunite with her father. William and Rufus’ meeting was interesting as they both treated each other with contempt, suggesting an old and bitter rivalry between them. I felt bad that Lily is sick, but I thought she was totally wrong to hide the truth from Rufus, and I don’t think that Rufus should have instantly forgiven her. William certainly was a smooth talker as he charmed Serena as he had once charmed Lily, but we got to see in the end that he’s a true Van Der Woodsen after all, as he apparently has a hidden, and possibly illegal, agenda in mind and that he’s withholding information from Lily and Serena and that he’s possibly making Lily sick to keep himself in her life. The plot thickens!

Overall, I saw this as a filler episode to kick off the rest of the season, and I was saddened by the preview where Serena is going to take sides against Rufus as her father further insinuates himself into their lives.
Great Post Jerry. I agree with a number of points especially about Dan and Vanessa. I thought it was silly that they used Tisch to create a chasm between them but then again, they've come across as so forced and lacking that special something. They still seem like friends and I wouldn't even know they were dating if it weren't for the hugs and occassional kisses. They just don't come across as couply. I felt so bad for Dan and I admired his ability to try and take the higher road. Willa is super duper creepy. What is it about Dan and attracting psychos to his mist. Get off his junk weirdos.

CB were sad but I really like where the story is going even though I hate how they broke them up. I feel really invested in their outcome for the first time in a long time.

Rufus needs to just die. He is annoying and so threatened.

Let me preface this by saying I have a ginormous crush on billy baldwin. I love you gossip girl for bringing him on. I love daddy. He's creepy and shady, but I don't expect any less of Serena's father the man was missing for years. His excuse was so flimsy but of course Serena would swallow it since she's been searching for daddy for so long.

I hope Rufus gets kicked to the curb cause evil and evil belong together and Rufus needs to get a damn job!
Old 04-27-2010, 05:45 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Why exactly did he get rid of his gallery?
Old 04-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss of Death (View Post)
Why exactly did he get rid of his gallery?
so he could live off of bart's money, I mean lily's money.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipGleek (View Post)

"I’m gonna kiss somebody someday. And when I do, It’ll be for me." If only I handle a breakup as awesome as Blair.

"Who's that ****?"

Great episode. I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10
also NATE: Jenny get out... seriously go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shu
so he could live off of bart's money, I mean lily's money.
OH trophy husband
Old 04-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

He truly is. And he had the nerve to deny it to the wives that one time. Please, you're not fooling anyone!
Old 04-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss of Death (View Post)
He truly is. And he had the nerve to deny it to the wives that one time. Please, you're not fooling anyone!
IKR jackie. He just needs to gtfo. I wish they hadn't killed bart. I missed his badass self.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:58 AM
Absolute Fan

No way, as much as I enjoyed Bart, I'm glad they killed him off. The epicness of CB came with it
Old 04-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Elite Fan

Anna I like the quotes you posted, especially Chuck's line to Jenny.

Jerry Great post. I agree with most of it.

I wish I were more intrigued by the Lily/Rufus/William stuff that is to come. I hope it doesn't take up too much screen time.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:49 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shu (View Post)
IKR jackie. He just needs to gtfo. I wish they hadn't killed bart. I missed his badass self.
If there is any agreement between us, this is it. Bart , Rufus

It seems like R/L/W really isn't interesting to many. We knew this was coming....since the end of S2..but now it's just... blah.. there..... FOCUS ON THE KIDS, NOT THE ADULTS!