Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2016, 01:47 PM
Master Fan

It was season 1 where I changed my opinion on BK from not liking them to becoming my equal fav couple on the show. I was a huge Brandrea shipper but now I think they were better off as friends in the long run. Kelly went after Brandon hard in S1. I felt sorry for Andrea in Spring Dance. In fact, the very first time I watched the Spring Dance episode I was so mad at Brandon for taking Kelly instead of Andrea so I was so glad at the time when he came out with that sister comment to Kelly and thought haha Kelly can't get what she wants....so bizarre now what I think regarding that. kind of felt sorry for Kelly now because she was actually genuine about wanting a relationship with Brandon - it is amazing to think how you can dislike a couple and then love them as years go by when you watch the repeats again and again
Old 05-20-2016, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Totally. I guess if this was any other show, Brandon would dump Kelly when he saw Andrea at the dance. But this show actually made it so that everyone ended up getting along with one another. Kelly shared her tiara with Andrea. I thought this was a major turning point for Andrea being a part of the gang.

Kelly wasn't being snotty or stuck up. She was still S1 Kelly but was nice. She didn't do anything wrong. She asked Brandon out fair and square. And when Brandon turned her down to be a couple, she didn't lose it. She accept it and even joked about it.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Totally. I guess if this was any other show, Brandon would dump Kelly when he saw Andrea at the dance. But this show actually made it so that everyone ended up getting along with one another. Kelly shared her tiara with Andrea. I thought this was a major turning point for Andrea being a part of the gang.
Yeah, that is what I like about this show in the early seasons. Friendship was supposed to be more important than romances. Or at least equally important.

Quote:
Kelly wasn't being snotty or stuck up. She was still S1 Kelly but was nice. She didn't do anything wrong. She asked Brandon out fair and square. And when Brandon turned her down to be a couple, she didn't lose it. She accept it and even joked about it.
Well, I thought she could not get the grip The guy turned her down, but she was very persistent. I did not really mind though, I liked how open she was about her crush.

But I think her ego never really swallowed it. She went on Brandon although she knew from Slumber Party that Andrea liked him for sure. And in the next episode after he turned her down, when A confided in her about planning to lose virginity to Brandon and asked sexpert for advice, she turned it into a goodbye party for the Walshes and ruined the possible hook up of Brandon and Andrea. She could not stand losing a guy to Andrea

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 05-22-2016 at 02:46 AM
Old 05-21-2016, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never thought about it that way....very interesting. You're right. When Kelly so-called sabotage Brandon/Andrea's private time at the Peach Pit, I guess it could've been a jab at Andrea...even though I don't want to see it that way.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I said it as a half-joke, but I think there is definitely something to it. Maybe it was a subconscious sabotage

Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Master Fan

I think Kelly was reeling after Brandon turned her down in the previous episode - it was some sort of sabotage
Old 05-24-2016, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm surprised in S2 when Kelly told Andrea that she wanted Brandon, Andrea didn't recall what happened at the end of S1 when she ruined Andrea's chance with Brandon.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, or she pretended not to recall. She also seemed shocked when Kelly retold her first sexual experience, although she already heard it in Slumber Party. I wonder if they forgot about it or Andrea just emoted the same empathy because it was such a trauma for Kelly. But it seemed like Andrea never heard it before.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-25-2016, 04:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrachel (View Post)
I'm surprised in S2 when Kelly told Andrea that she wanted Brandon, Andrea didn't recall what happened at the end of S1 when she ruined Andrea's chance with Brandon.
Yes I remember that scene in S2 and yes you are right Andrea didn't talk about that either or probably just forgot about it
Old 05-25-2016, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You know, it is quite possible that Andrea was not aware that Brandon turned Kelly down. She arrived to Spring Dance too late to see anything, and if no one had told her about Kelly making a move on Brandon, she might have simply thought that Kelly had not even tried to get together with him. And then when Kelly turned her potential sexual encounter with Brandon into a goodbye party, she probably did not see it as Kelly ruining her chances with Brandon. She was so meek with the girls in the first 2 seasons that even when they were openly hostile to her, like Brenda in Pass/Not Pass, she kept apologizing for that as if it was hr fault. I think she desperately wanted to have female friends so she just did not even question their attitudes toward her and thought she really did something wrong when they were snapping at her.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-25-2016, 07:06 AM
Master Fan

That's a good point Esma. Andrea didn't see what was happening at the Spring Dance and a lot did happen. Dylan and Brenda night, Brandon and Kelly hot kiss, Steve getting jealous and it was supposed to be his B-day, and Donna with that weird dress. Andrea felt like an outsider and it was actually Brandon who broke the ice and connected Andrea with the rest of the gang.
But Andrea had a feeling about Brandon and Kelly had the hots for each other prior to Spring Dance - remember the episode Stand Up And Deliver
Old 05-25-2016, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad Andrea was so supportive of BK together. I was expecting a little resentment from Andrea in S4 when Kelly told her about going to DC to see Brandon. Even though Andrea was married, I guess I was expecting her to feel that if she couldn't get Brandon, she didn't want Kelly to get him either. But I was glad to see Andrea being so happy for her. And Andrea encouraging Kelly to marry Brandon in 5x30 was great.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:31 AM
Master Fan

Considering that she had feelings for Brandon in HS, you might expect some resentment but she got married and basically was over him so Andrea being pleasantly surprised after Kelly told her she wants him in S4 didn't actually surprise me. I think Andrea was smart enough to know and see BK being a very good couple
Old 05-26-2016, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But Andrea had a feeling about Brandon and Kelly had the hots for each other prior to Spring Dance - remember the episode Stand Up And Deliver
Kelly also knew Andrea liked Brandon, which she even admitted in Slumber Party when the girls forced her (especially Kelly, thinking of it). Anyway, Andrea might have thought nothing happened between Kelly and Brandon until K told her in Everybody's Talkin' about It.

Btw, there was a hint Kelly was still into Brandon after Spring Dance, and Andrea might have known it. When K gave a ride to the beach to Brenda and Andrea in Play It Again, David, A said she and Brandon were only friends, and K said "You can't be just friends with the guy... not this cute." I totally took it as a sign that she would have been with Brandon had he wanted her, and I found very sweet how open she was about it.

Anyway, I liked how mature they were about it in S4/5.

Also, it is really funny how Cindy did not seem to appreciate Kelly much - or at least take her seriously - in S1, yet she came to apparently appreciate her more than her own daughter in S5.

Icon by oth. fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread