Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-29-2006, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Definitly recorded last nights version, but i'm glad they're re-showing especially for the people that like Earl and The Office.

I loved that Daniel didn't take the idea as his own and let Betty give it to him. Shows that they are partners and that they can work well together, as well as be friends.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 09-29-2006, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hopefully, more than friends.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 09-29-2006, 03:28 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
Hopefully, more than friends.
ITA! I usually don't fall this hard this fast. But I adored their chemistry. And I love how she has this pull on him where he sees his faults and wants to be better.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
Old 09-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Master Fan

I wasn't going to watch the show, and ended up doing it anyways. I am SO glad I did. America made me cry, she was amazing. I am defiantely a new fan.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Definitly more than friends, just don't want it to happen to soon. I want a slow moving progress so that we can work up to the undertones and the totally loveable hug and kiss I know we'll get.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 09-29-2006, 06:00 PM
Extreme Fan

I really like this show,America is doing a great job as Betty,I was so happy that Daniel finally came to his senses and gave Betty another shot and she even gave him credit for what she did how sweet was that. I do see some chemistry there and I agree it should be slow process we need to get to love these characters more first.
Melina Kanakaredes
Old 09-29-2006, 11:35 PM
Master Fan

Im already rooting for Betty and Daniel as well...but I also want them to take it slow. First develop their relationship at workplace..and slowly make Daniel fall for her. It'd be so adorable.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Not a bad premiere. It was cute. But I probably need to watch a few more eps to decide if it's a show I'll stick with.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, I hope you do decide to stick with it.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:36 PM
Loyal Fan

I really like the show. It's very funny.

avi by: asiangurl408
Old 09-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

I watched it Thursday and it lived up to my expectations. There's a nice balance between Betty's home life and her work life and I like the way the story weaved through both. I also saw some similarities to The Devil Wears Prada but they didn't bother me. Betty's really likeable whereas I hated to main character in TDWP.

I liked that Daniel had a girl waiting for him in the limo at the end. I think it's a good indicator that they aren't going to rush into changes in the characters. I didn't dislike any of the characters. There's a nice mix of characters I love and characters I love to hate. I can't wait until next week.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:44 PM
Supreme Fan

This show is great, i enjoyed the pilot alot. Some scenes made me so sad and feel bad for Betty but by the time the episode ended, i was smiling again. Its got funny moments too, ill defiently be watching next week.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug579 (View Post)
I watched it Thursday and it lived up to my expectations. There's a nice balance between Betty's home life and her work life and I like the way the story weaved through both. I also saw some similarities to The Devil Wears Prada but they didn't bother me. Betty's really likeable whereas I hated to main character in TDWP.

I liked that Daniel had a girl waiting for him in the limo at the end. I think it's a good indicator that they aren't going to rush into changes in the characters. I didn't dislike any of the characters. There's a nice mix of characters I love and characters I love to hate. I can't wait until next week.
Isn't Ugly Betty based off an old Spanish telenovela? So, wouldn't that make TDWP similair to Ugly Betty?

Old 09-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Absolute Fan

Yes, Ugly Betty is based off an old Spanish telenovela.

Well, I really enjoyed the pilot except for the mystery part which in imo really stupid. Either way, America is so charming and likeable as Betty that I am definetely going to continue watching this. I also suprisingly like Eric Mabius a lot too and the actor who played Betty's nephew. So the writing needs some work but this show is really promising. Can't wait for next week.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Master Fan

Do we know the pilot's ratings?