Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

Just finished watching it. I loved it. America is so teriffic as Betty. I could not love her more.

Daniel/Betty - Wow, definitely going to love these two.

Justin/Betty - I love their relationship.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

I know!! Justin and Betty were so cute! I love how he has so much confidence in his aunt. It was too cute!
Old 09-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

Rebecca - I agree...............I just adored that.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

He's one smart little kid!
Old 09-28-2006, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awww I've been waiting for this show since around April when I first heard about it and I was not disappointed. I loved every minute of it. Sooooooooooooooooo cute.
America is amazing. So many scenes touched my heart. I feel for her in so many ways and I love that she's strong, but yet sad and wonders where her place in the world is.

Loved so many scenes:

Her confidence trying to get the job.
Her sitting on the steps helping Daniel just broke my heart. America was awesome in that scene.
Her dressing up in the outfit and just standing there, seriously, I just want to hug her and be her best friend.
The ending when her and Daniel made up and won the acct back.

Just so great and I can't wait for next week. I really hope this show did well ratings wise and ABC gives it a chance.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 09-29-2006, 12:47 AM
Master Fan

I love her where she chasing after the guy to get the job. I wish I could have her strength to work for something she wants so badly. I so happy there is such a strong real woman on primetime. I can't wait till next week.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Definitly one of my fave scenes. She knows she could do a great job and she's trying hard to get it.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 09-29-2006, 05:03 AM
Absolute Fan

I'd actually seen a rough of the pilot before last night (my husband gets review dvd's from his job) and I loved it then. But it did come off as a rough edit and was slightly spotty. When I watched it last night I didn't notice big changes or new scenes, but it did feel more finished and complete. I'm really loving this show. Of all the shows I've started watching this season, this is by far my favorite. -- And any excuse to see Alan Dale again on TV I'll take it. And no, it ain't too bad to be seeing the 'dean' sans Taylor either. lol.

BTW, I'm loving Daniel and Betty. I could definitely get on that train.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
Old 09-29-2006, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

The pliot was awesome, I cant wait till next week.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved this show!

I'm totally wanting Daniel to fall for Betty. I loved when he came to her at her apt to get her to come back. I felt so bad for Betty when he was making her do all those humiliating things & when everyone was laughing at her at the photoshoot. Glad she finally stood up for herself. I love Vanessa Williams character, she's so fun! I don't know if i'm going to like Betty's sister. I don't know if I want Betty to start fitting in & getting a makeover. I like her as the sort of fish out of water. When she showed up in her poncho I laughed so hard.

I'm really looking forward to next week & I wonder who the lady in the bandages is! Did anybody else see the movie The Devil Wears Prada this summer? This show totally reminds me of that.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed this show too. It's touching and smart. I really like Betty and her gumption. I hope they don't do a makeover on her either. She's comfortable just the way she is so let her stay that way.

And I LOVED Ashley Jensen in the show too. Clearly she's a smart lady to land two steller roles on UB and Extras.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

Fantastic pilot! Can't wait to see more. America did a fantastic job leading the show, and her character is strong, independent, clutzy, but loveable. It's a fun show that I hope ABC gives a chance to develop an audience.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:37 AM
Moderator Support Team

tragedy - Yep, I saw/read The Devil Wears Prada over the summer and several spots definitely reminded me of it.

baileycat - I just recently saw Season 1 of Extras and I loved Ashley in it. So glad to see her on this as well.

Ken - I agree. I hope so too.

Stacy - Yay, loved reading your thoughts.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

I"m glad that Daniel came back and apologized to Betty. He could have just taken the ideas and claimed them as his own.

I love this show already!
Old 09-29-2006, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm going to watch the show again on ABC Family. Hee. It's too cute. I'm going to tape it this time.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy