Elite Fan

Old 07-26-2011, 01:38 AM
Elite Fan

thanks, molly.

so cute.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Gah, I love all the stills

Since you guys have put me in such a Tim/Lyla mood, I went back to old episodes and basically just skipped to their scenes just to rewatch them . And its gotten me all sad all over again about how they just didn't get the happy ending they deserved. Seeing them all happy and in love in s3 really shows how frickin perfect they are together. I'm feeling all nostalgic about them right now

Also, I was wondering if anyone actually has the dvds? If so, are there some good commentaries on them?
Old 07-26-2011, 07:56 AM
Elite Fan

^^Jidsy, I did the same thing. That's why I was ranting the other day. I basically just started skipping to all the TL scenes. By the end of 4.06, I was bitter. The ending for them makes even less sense if you re-watch.

I don't have the DVDs but I don't think there is commentary with them.

This was so cute. Lyla wearing Tim's shirt.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:09 AM
Extreme Fan

^your icon is sooo cute
Quote:
Originally Posted by memory91 (View Post)
^^Jidsy, I did the same thing. That's why I was ranting the other day. I basically just started skipping to all the TL scenes. By the end of 4.06, I was bitter. The ending for them makes even less sense if you re-watch.
SERIOUSLY. Its so true. I love FNL to bits and I love that they try to keep this sense of realism but I feel like on any other show, Tim/Lyla would have had a happy ending. Plus, realistically, I actually do think they would have had a huge chance at succeeding. Just watching their interactions in s3 in particular, they just had this wonderful balance to them, there was so much give and take with them and ultimately, you can tell that they'd do anything to make their relationship work.

I absolutely loved the little moment in their 'ILY' scene where Lyla was all, go out and party and he says how he's happy just hanging out with his gal because it rang SO true to life for me. Its such a cute and oh so realistic moment and even though their ILY's come out in that scene, even with such a gesture, you can tell how much he cares and loves her. I mean, its party animal Tim! Chilling at home with his gf rather than going out and getting wasted. I love that

Watching the s3 finale kinda makes me wish it was the series finale, esp for Tim since Billy's speech at the end to him was so heartwarming. You wanted him to make a life for himself and put himself through college so much. But GAH, they had to bring him back with barely anything to do, drop out of college and go to jail!? So sad.

PS you can call me Jiadi
Old 07-28-2011, 01:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jidsy <3 (View Post)
SERIOUSLY. Its so true. I love FNL to bits and I love that they try to keep this sense of realism but I feel like on any other show, Tim/Lyla would have had a happy ending. Plus, realistically, I actually do think they would have had a huge chance at succeeding. Just watching their interactions in s3 in particular, they just had this wonderful balance to them, there was so much give and take with them and ultimately, you can tell that they'd do anything to make their relationship work.
The thing that gets me is, yes, FNL is easily one of the most realistic shows I've ever watched, but it isn't real life. As I said many times in the s&s discussing Tim's development, pretty much everyone else on the show got their happy ending, no matter how unrealistic it was. Julie and Matt got engaged, Tyra got into UT, Smash got a football scholarship to A&M, Jason got a family and a great job, Jess got the chance to someday be a female football coach, Vince got off the streets and made something of himself through football, Luke didn't get to play college ball but was last seen happy with the girl he wanted since the day they met, Tami got to finally have her career come first etc etc. What did Tim get? No education, no career, no path in life at all but he did get a year in prison and the ex-girlfriend he broke up with years ago as a consolation prize because the girl of his dreams disappeared into thin air and apparently stopped caring about him. And I'm sorry, he wasn't any better off in the finale. He still had no job or money or any future, just brother helping him to begin building a house. Which would probably burn down anyway, given his luck.

Quote:
Watching the s3 finale kinda makes me wish it was the series finale, esp for Tim since Billy's speech at the end to him was so heartwarming. You wanted him to make a life for himself and put himself through college so much. But GAH, they had to bring him back with barely anything to do, drop out of college and go to jail!? So sad.
i really hate how the chop shop sl downright ruined Billy as a character for me. He was always an irresponsible buffoon but in s1-3 he really did care about Tim having a better life than he did. And even he got a better ending by becoming a coach for the panthers.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
^your icon is sooo cute
thanks.

Quote:

I absolutely loved the little moment in their 'ILY' scene where Lyla was all, go out and party and he says how he's happy just hanging out with his gal because it rang SO true to life for me. Its such a cute and oh so realistic moment and even though their ILY's come out in that scene, even with such a gesture, you can tell how much he cares and loves her. I mean, its party animal Tim! Chilling at home with his gf rather than going out and getting wasted. I love that
IMO, they would have worked out in the end. They definitely had a better chance than the couple that cheated on each other non-stop and fought all the time. That never once looked in love or really even happy with each other. Besides the issues over their future their relationship was pretty much together. They were honest with each other and they were friends. They leaned on each other and supported each other. They loved one another and didn't disrespect each other. They had a very adult relationship for high school. They already had the angst and drama in s1 and s2. By the time they got together they knew each other so well. Plus they were madly in love. It may have taken them a long time to get together but when they finally did they just fit. Tim had never been the boyfriend type but somehow he was able to figure it all out because he was with Lyla. Tim wanted to be that guy for her. Just like Lyla wasn't the same with Tim as she was with Jason. She wasn't needy or clingy. She was independent but still able rely on her boyfriend. Both of them made sacrifices for each other and they truly were happy. To me they were the most content and happy together.

Quote:

PS you can call me Jiadi
After the season 1 finale, s3 has to be the best one. Those two finales left the show on the best note. Things weren't perfect but it made sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheldax46 (View Post)
The thing that gets me is, yes, FNL is easily one of the most realistic shows I've ever watched, but it isn't real life. As I said many times in the s&s discussing Tim's development, pretty much everyone else on the show got their happy ending, no matter how unrealistic it was. Julie and Matt got engaged, Tyra got into UT, Smash got a football scholarship to A&M, Jason got a family and a great job, Jess got the chance to someday be a female football coach, Vince got off the streets and made something of himself through football, Luke didn't get to play college ball but was last seen happy with the girl he wanted since the day they met, Tami got to finally have her career come first etc etc. What did Tim get? No education, no career, no path in life at all but he did get a year in prison and the ex-girlfriend he broke up with years ago as a consolation prize because the girl of his dreams disappeared into thin air and apparently stopped caring about him. And I'm sorry, he wasn't any better off in the finale. He still had no job or money or any future, just brother helping him to begin building a house. Which would probably burn down anyway, given his luck.
When you put it like that...

Quote:
i really hate how the chop shop sl downright ruined Billy as a character for me. He was always an irresponsible buffoon but in s1-3 he really did care about Tim having a better life than he did. And even he got a better ending by becoming a coach for the panthers.
Everybody got their happy ending except for Tim and (Landry/Lyla too.)

Landry and Lyla were screwed over so other things could work.

The reason why I say Lyla is because she went off to school, that is it. The writers never even once said what she wanted to do or if she had plans after school. No real significant mention in season 5. It was as if she never existed.

this long post needs some pretty.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
They had a very adult relationship for high school. They already had the angst and drama in s1 and s2. By the time they got together they knew each other so well. Plus they were madly in love. It may have taken them a long time to get together but when they finally did they just fit.
I completely agree. I love that when they did get together, it wasn't couple drama 24/7. Sure they had their issues, but all of them came from a place of wanting the best for each other.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Elite Fan

I was so grateful they weren't angst 24/7. Not to mention the fact that it was speculated for so long they would never work as a couple. When they ended up being one of the best and one of the most well rounded on the show. It was the first time you really got see both of them just happy and content. They just loved being together and sometimes doing nothing. Watching them study and flirt in the library was enough. They didn't need "epic" scenes or third party story lines to make them interesting.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Elite Fan

I like how all their differences were pretty much covered in the first 3 eps of s3 without any real angst, from then on they were a rock solid couple. it was outside issues that tore them apart after s3.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:06 PM
Elite Fan

^I loved that too. Like you said the problems they had after the first 3 episodes were outside ones. The college thing, Buddy being overprotective, and Billy's bad influence on Tim. Can't even state how much I loved that deleted scene of Lyla tearing into Billy about the copper wire.

They didn't have problems with each other. They were pretty much rock solid. Tim had Lyla's back and Lyla had his.

Last edited by Nothing Else Matters; 07-29-2011 at 12:26 AM
Old 07-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me please! I've only seen the first three episodes so far, but their first kiss totally sold me.

I'm Lizy btw!

Lizy // tumblr // Avi by oth.fan
Old 07-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsforever (View Post)
Add me please! I've only seen the first three episodes so far, but their first kiss totally sold me.

I'm Lizy btw!
Welcome Lizy I'll add you. I'm Raquel btw.

It's good to see a new fan around here. Their first kiss was amazing.

new vid;

Last edited by Nothing Else Matters; 07-29-2011 at 05:18 PM
Old 07-29-2011, 05:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Please add me to the shippers list

07/07/17 - Met David Tennant, Nathan Fillion, Sarah Wayne Callies, Ruth Connell, Alex Kingston, Freema Agyeman... at MTLCC17 -
09/07/17
Old 07-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome Nick I'm Raquel Added you.