Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2011, 09:42 PM
Loyal Fan

I like to think so, it's been a while, but I don't think that Tim was dating Tyra again, no? So, there's still hope for headcanon?

07/07/17 - Met David Tennant, Nathan Fillion, Sarah Wayne Callies, Ruth Connell, Alex Kingston, Freema Agyeman... at MTLCC17 -
09/07/17
Old 07-30-2011, 10:06 PM
Elite Fan

Most definitely! Their end was not an end forever.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Fabian (View Post)
I like to think so, it's been a while, but I don't think that Tim was dating Tyra again, no? So, there's still hope for headcanon?
I don't think they were dating too. Though I can't bee too sure since I ffwd through those scenes. I would like to think Tyra went back to school. Plus she wasn't around when Tim was building his house. Lyla has to come back home sooner or later and Tim was working for Buddy. So who knows...

The only problem I have with it is that Tim and Lyla really will be in two different places. She'll be finishing college looking into a career while Tim is just happy being in Texas. Re-watching has only intensified my dislike for Tim's storyline in season 4. I had no problem with him staying in Texas but they at least could have written Tim doing something semi-productive during that time. Instead of that chop shop and then being sent to jail. Watching Tim during s4-5 was just sad. He still had his funny moments and I liked seeing him be there for the people he cared about. IMO, he didn't get a happy ending. Not even close to it. I'm still trying to figure out how he was gonna be able to finish building that house and then furnish it. I don't know anything about building houses but it seems like an expensive venture. Tim didn't have a lot of money. His whole storyline left me with a lot of questions and not really in a good way. I do think Lyla would be the perfect person in helping him do whatever he wanted.

Quote:
I love how active this thread is again. They were a perfect match and there's no doubt in my mind that they reconnected. A bond like that is everlasting.
Me too. I do think they would reconnect. It would take time but the bond/love they shared was strong.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:17 PM
Loyal Fan

That's right, after all, Lyla is the only girl to whom Tim has ever said that he loved, right?

07/07/17 - Met David Tennant, Nathan Fillion, Sarah Wayne Callies, Ruth Connell, Alex Kingston, Freema Agyeman... at MTLCC17 -
09/07/17
Old 07-30-2011, 10:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Fabian (View Post)
That's right, after all, Lyla is the only girl to whom Tim has ever said that he loved, right?
Yes she is. Heck, Tyra was the first person to notice it. Pretty ironic she was able to tell right away especially since Tim was never like that with her.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, I guess that it's exactly because Tim never was like that with her that she noticed it ^^ I mean, they've known each other for years, no?

09/07/17
Old 07-30-2011, 11:34 PM
Elite Fan

They'd all known each other for a long time. It's some of it's been rewritten though.

Yes, it was probably pretty easy for Tyra to figure out that Tim cared deeply for Lyla. Just the fact that Tim went out of his way to kind of stick by Lyla when everybody was going after her. It was more than just sex between them. Also once Tim started his affair with Lyla his interest in Tyra was gone. He didn't become interested again until things ended with Lyla.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by memory91 (View Post)
The only problem I have with it is that Tim and Lyla really will be in two different places. She'll be finishing college looking into a career while Tim is just happy being in Texas. Re-watching has only intensified my dislike for Tim's storyline in season 4. I had no problem with him staying in Texas but they at least could have written Tim doing something semi-productive during that time. Instead of that chop shop and then being sent to jail. Watching Tim during s4-5 was just sad. He still had his funny moments and I liked seeing him be there for the people he cared about. IMO, he didn't get a happy ending. Not even close to it. I'm still trying to figure out how he was gonna be able to finish building that house and then furnish it. I don't know anything about building houses but it seems like an expensive venture. Tim didn't have a lot of money. His whole storyline left me with a lot of questions and not really in a good way. I do think Lyla would be the perfect person in helping him do whatever he wanted.
Yeah, Tim's whole sl after S3 was pretty problematic. I didn't find it hard to believe he wouldn't stick with college without Lyla around, but like you said, he wasn't doing anything in Dillon. People act like he's better off just staying in Dillon, because of "Texas Forever", that he must love it there so much that staying there is the only dream he needs. The truth, Tim has no dreams in Dillon, it's just his home, what he's used to. He's too scared to really try for something. When it comes down to it, Tim's life had gone nowhere by S5. He's just the Dillon burn out loser Tyra and Billy said he'd be back in the first season. I don't think we were really meant to want that fate for him. Or for Tyra for that matter. Loving a small town and wanting to make a home there isn't wrong in and of itself, but Tim had nothing to really make a life with, still no direction, no real future.

And we're just left to believe that this is Tim's true fate, that he and Lyla just weren't meant to be. Lyla's gone on for more than Dillon and forgot about Tim. So Tim's over her and ready to move on with Tyra. He and Lyla want different things, so it couldn't work out. But everything before S5 showed the opposite, Tyra was the one who didn't want to be in Dillon, and she hadn't given a second thought to Tim since rejecting his attempt at a reunion in 1.12.

Quote:
Yes, it was probably pretty easy for Tyra to figure out that Tim cared deeply for Lyla. Just the fact that Tim went out of his way to kind of stick by Lyla when everybody was going after her. It was more than just sex between them. Also once Tim started his affair with Lyla his interest in Tyra was gone. He didn't become interested again until things ended with Lyla.
When you think about it, Tyra had probably been in Lyla's position in 1.10 herself, the girl with the bad reputation everyone talks about and looks down on. That episode is the first time her feelings seem to soften toward Lyla, she feels pity for her. She only confronts Tim because she can't figure out why he's still hanging around Lyla, making it worse. And then she does figure it out, the only reason Lyla's different from all the other girls he slept with is obvious. And she's back to resenting Lyla until they finally make peace in the finale.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheldax46 (View Post)
Yeah, Tim's whole sl after S3 was pretty problematic. I didn't find it hard to believe he wouldn't stick with college without Lyla around, but like you said, he wasn't doing anything in Dillon. People act like he's better off just staying in Dillon, because of "Texas Forever", that he must love it there so much that staying there is the only dream he needs. The truth, Tim has no dreams in Dillon, it's just his home, what he's used to. He's too scared to really try for something. When it comes down to it, Tim's life had gone nowhere by S5. He's just the Dillon burn out loser Tyra and Billy said he'd be back in the first season. I don't think we were really meant to want that fate for him. Or for Tyra for that matter. Loving a small town and wanting to make a home there isn't wrong in and of itself, but Tim had nothing to really make a life with, still no direction, no real future.

And we're just left to believe that this is Tim's true fate, that he and Lyla just weren't meant to be. Lyla's gone on for more than Dillon and forgot about Tim. So Tim's over her and ready to move on with Tyra. He and Lyla want different things, so it couldn't work out. But everything before S5 showed the opposite, Tyra was the one who didn't want to be in Dillon, and she hadn't given a second thought to Tim since rejecting his attempt at a reunion in 1.12.
It's all confusing because it was all retconned. Fine, Tim doesn't want to play college football or go to school. They could have at least showed how he was gonna support himself and pay for that house. Everybody wanted something better for themselves except Tim. There are people like that out in the world that are fine with doing nothing. But Tim didn't look happy or satisfied.

I really hate the finale made it seem like Tim/Lyla weren't meant to be. That Lyla always wanted out of Dillon. That those two were always on different paths. Except that was always Tyra. She was the one that wanted out. That Lyla never really knew Tim. I don't understand why Jason couldn't have been the one to be there for Tim since he was you know Tim's BFF.

Quote:
When you think about it, Tyra had probably been in Lyla's position in 1.10 herself, the girl with the bad reputation everyone talks about and looks down on. That episode is the first time her feelings seem to soften toward Lyla, she feels pity for her. She only confronts Tim because she can't figure out why he's still hanging around Lyla, making it worse. And then she does figure it out, the only reason Lyla's different from all the other girls he slept with is obvious. And she's back to resenting Lyla until they finally make peace in the finale.
Yep. I don't understand how Tim's feelings for Lyla were retconned when we had no idea what they were like before. It was obvious for their first little interactions that Tim felt something for her. Why wouldn't he? I'll never understand why it's so hard to believe for some that Tim would like Lyla.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I really hate the finale made it seem like Tim/Lyla weren't meant to be. That Lyla always wanted out of Dillon. That those two were always on different paths. Except that was always Tyra. She was the one that wanted out. That Lyla never really knew Tim. I don't understand why Jason couldn't have been the one to be there for Tim since he was you know Tim's BFF.
not to mention when jason did appear in s5 it was essentially pointless.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheldax46 (View Post)
not to mention when jason did appear in s5 it was essentially pointless.
But Katims didn't want character returns to be window dressing. It was so pointless, his return wasn't even memorable. The only return that made sense in s5 was Matt.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:12 AM
Elite Fan

If only we could've offered our thoughts and ideas for the finale. A TL reunion would've been so great. We could've seen Tim actually happy again.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Elite Fan

Yep. There was so much going on in that finale though. I would have taken a phone call or Tim at least mentioning her.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Elite Fan

yeah, they didn't really have to have her come back to give us something.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Elite Fan

Exactly. I would have taken anything. Tim/Lyla got the journey, they could have gave them something in the finale. They had been apart of each other's lives for 4 seasons.

forever bitter.